• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Annual Accounts

#1 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Some people might be interested in this.

I wrote to Ashley C to find out how to get an item on the agenda at the AGM and I mentioned the actual item I want including, which is ....

'That a paper copy of the full accounts be kept in the office to allow perusal at an appointed time by a shareholder'

I received this reply from Ashley, who has confirmed that he is happy for me to reproduce it here...

Sent Yesterday, 04:13 PM

David

I am going to release much more details this year in the accounts. We have previously restricted some of the figures.

Are you a shareholder ? I am.happy to share more detail with you. But if required I am happy to agree with your proposal any way. I don't need board approval.

Ashleyc
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#2 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

Why has he restricted figures in the past?? I'm not a accountant help please Freelander!

Why has he restricted figures in the past?? I'm not a accountant help please Freelander!
#notapennymore

#3 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:24 PM

I'd imagine they haven't hidden anything previously but things like transfer fees, pay offs, extraordinary costs etc haven't been detailed.

Lest my hope going forward that such things are detailed so we can who's been sold for what, who's been stealing a wage and who deserves every penny of their players salary.

I doubt it'll go in to that much detail, sadly.

#4 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:31 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 July 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Some people might be interested in this.

I wrote to Ashley C to find out how to get an item on the agenda at the AGM and I mentioned the actual item I want including, which is ....

'That a paper copy of the full accounts be kept in the office to allow perusal at an appointed time by a shareholder'

I received this reply from Ashley, who has confirmed that he is happy for me to reproduce it here...

Sent Yesterday, 04:13 PM

David

I am going to release much more details this year in the accounts. We have previously restricted some of the figures.

Are you a shareholder ? I am.happy to share more detail with you. But if required I am happy to agree with your proposal any way. I don't need board approval.

Ashleyc

It will be interesting to see what you get! What we got as shareholders were abridged accounts with limited breakdown that didn't show commercial revenue nor the precise breakdown of off field costs and wages!

There has also been a recent legislative change for companies which are micro entities with a turnover of less than £10 million which means if they opt to, in the future you get much less information than abridged accounts we saw last year.....

This post has been edited by Middle East: 23 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#5 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 23 July 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

It will be interesting to see what you get! What we got as shareholders were abridged accounts with limited breakdown that didn't show commercial revenue nor the precise breakdown of off field costs and wages!

There has also been a recent legislative change for companies which are micro entities with a turnover of less than £10 million which means if they opt to, in the future you get much less information than abridged accounts we saw last year.....

Micro-entities

A turnover of £632,000 or less
£316,000 or less on its balance sheet
10 employees or less

#6 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 July 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Micro-entities

A turnover of £632,000 or less
£316,000 or less on its balance sheet
10 employees or less

Apologies (put it down to the wine) I meant to say small companies which in the presentation I had this week was £10 million but I believe may be £6.5 million....either way we don't have a sufficient breakdown atm and I am very sceptical whether AC will be giving dim fully audited CT accounts!

Corporation Tax not Chris Turner....

This post has been edited by Middle East: 23 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#7 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 23 July 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

I'd imagine they haven't hidden anything previously but things like transfer fees, pay offs, extraordinary costs etc haven't been detailed.

Lest my hope going forward that such things are detailed so we can who's been sold for what, who's been stealing a wage and who deserves every penny of their players salary.

I doubt it'll go in to that much detail, sadly.

I don't think we should crticise until we see what we get. We won't have to wait long

At least we should see our player budget, other staff budget, bonuses, transfer in/out etc, broken down. A cause for endless debate and confusion in the past

This post has been edited by azul: 23 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#8 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 23 July 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

In terms of turnover, AC might decide to show what contributes to the total income. For example, separate figures for gate receipts & ST income, commercial income, conf & banq income, transfer fees, etc.

Likewise, with overheads, he might decide to show how much is spent on vehicle hire/leasing, accommodation, insurance, professional fees, heating,light and power, advertising, bank charges, matchday expenses, etc.

Although this level of detail wasn't included in last years accounts, AC was prepared to, and did, release figures for shareholders at the AGM last November.

#9 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 July 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

In terms of turnover, AC might decide to show what contributes to the total income. For example, separate figures for gate receipts & ST income, commercial income, conf & banq income, transfer fees, etc.

Likewise, with overheads, he might decide to show how much is spent on vehicle hire/leasing, accommodation, insurance, professional fees, heating,light and power, advertising, bank charges, matchday expenses, etc.

Although this level of detail wasn't included in last years accounts, AC was prepared to, and did, release figures for shareholders at the AGM last November.

I also got this......

Sent Today, 01:09 PM

David
Yes I am happy for you to mention it.

Normally the accounts are consiladated with not a lot of detail. I am intending to supply and additional page this year with a more detailed breakdown of expenditure and into various categories. I want to be more open and transparent and I think shareholders have a right to know where all the money goes !! Happy for you to post this.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#10 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 July 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

The stewarding costs should be interesting

#11 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 July 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

I also got this......

Sent Today, 01:09 PM

David
Yes I am happy for you to mention it.

Normally the accounts are consiladated with not a lot of detail. I am intending to supply and additional page this year with a more detailed breakdown of expenditure and into various categories. I want to be more open and transparent and I think shareholders have a right to know where all the money goes !! Happy for you to post this.

Thanks for sharing.

The notes that accompany the accounts also cover related party transactions concerning the directors of the business. Even though Chris Turner is not an executive officer of CFC 2001, I would hope that AC will consider listing any transactions involving CFC 2001 Ltd and those companies which the CEO has / had an interest in, mainly CFC Football Development School Ltd & CFC International Football Academy Ltd.

#12 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 23 July 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

Apologies (put it down to the wine) I meant to say small companies which in the presentation I had this week was £10 million but I believe may be £6.5 million....either way we don't have a sufficient breakdown atm and I am very sceptical whether AC will be giving dim fully audited CT accounts!

Corporation Tax not Chris Turner....

"Put it down to the wine"... Not my bloomin bottle I hope?.. :lol:
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users