• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matchday Tickets Buying on the day

#41 User is offline   Nivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

Do you all need a reminder that we are now dealing with someone who joined the police when the entrance requirements was for an applicant to have a pair of arms and legs?

How many forces up and down the country spent years taking out the scallies on the streets in their attempts to tackle organised crime?

#42 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

View PostLesleyB, on 18 January 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

Not sure what you mean by throw my lot it in, but for clarity there are 237 employees at the club, all of which can encompass my role and it is beyond just the top table.

On Monday at the AGM I made my position clear. I am deeply embarrassed as a fan about what we’ve endured over the last 4 years. No one is expecting anyone to forgot or forget. Whilst I might not change the world there is large parts of the business that can be influenced and changed for the better.

I am just rolling my sleeves up and giving it my best shot.

Well as we both know I was there on Monday and don't remember you saying anything about embarrassment. Infact you happily sat alongside an Ashley Carson who'd supposedly quit and said nothing whilst fans expressed bewilderment, exasperation and anger.

Yes there were platitudes about 'helping' and 'rolling sleeves up' but what are all those employees you spoke of doing? Why are we so desperate for volunteers when so many at all levels have been axed?

And I didn't see, say, Jeff Hall or, perhaps, Paul Goodwin - just two examples of folk who've spent donkey's years 'helping' the Club without any attention seeking - sitting at the top table. Then what does it say to highly qualified applicants snubbed without even being interviewed when Steve Coe is appointed after bypassing any selection process at all? How is that 'changing things for the better'? Why were applicants possessing top level experience in accountancy rejected if there's genuine intent to do that?

Sorry Lesley, but you were fully aware of what this regime are all about yet still chose to join them regardless.

As for this stuff about a stricter ticketing system, what's the point of announcing any of it if a window's gonna be kept open until kick-off? So if a dozen fans turn up at two-fifty nine are they really gonna be processed or just quickly handed tickets?

Nah, the way I see it this is just another PR stunt aimed at the FA to suggest CFC are getting tough. The most honest thing to do would be to admit that...but then honesty isn't exactly a word folk associate with Town these days, is it...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 19 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#43 User is offline   LesleyB 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

View Postmoondog, on 19 January 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

Lesley apologies for going off topic, but seeing the question wasn't answered by anyone on the pitch invasion thread, do you know why the club article on the website, picturing a single individual they still wanted to trace, whilst thanking fans for their assistance in identifying the other photographed pitch invaders, was pulled ?

Hi Mark.

I’ve dropped Nick a note to double check, but I believe there was a few posts asking for it to come down now he had been identified to stop people sharing it.

#44 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostLesleyB, on 19 January 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hi Mark.

I’ve dropped Nick a note to double check, but I believe there was a few posts asking for it to come down now he had been identified to stop people sharing it.

Thanks for the prompt reply Lesley, I didn't see any such postings and the original article picturing all 6 is still up.

#45 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

https://www.chesterf...-orders-issued/

Banning Orders will be issued for the following offences:

Inciting hatred and/or making malicious communications to the detriment of the club.
Banning Order: Three years.

This, in my opinion, explains this newly-reignited curiosity as to who is who, among the fan base. Anyone who posts criticism on here, or tweets it, or puts it on Facebook, can get ready. Who decides what is malicious, and what is detrimental? The same person who hands out the bans.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#46 User is offline   LesleyB 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

View Postmoondog, on 19 January 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Thanks for the prompt reply Lesley, I didn't see any such postings and the original article picturing all 6 is still up.

The club replied in the comments of the post saying he had been indentified, to which some commented that the post should be removed.

I’ve asked Nick if we should be pulling the original one as well.

#47 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostLesleyB, on 18 January 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

Not sure what you mean by throw my lot it in, but for clarity there are 237 employees at the club, all of which can encompass my role and it is beyond just the top table.

On Monday at the AGM I made my position clear. I am deeply embarrassed as a fan about what we’ve endured over the last 4 years. No one is expecting anyone to forgot or forget. Whilst I might not change the world there is large parts of the business that can be influenced and changed for the better.

I am just rolling my sleeves up and giving it my best shot.

Apologies if I'm wrong, but when the ADs were given their chance to put their reasons for joining to the share holders I don't think I heard you say anything about embarresment at the way things have gone or how things have been run over the last few years. I thought you said what you could bring to the club but nothing about shame or embarresment at the clubs position.
Edit..more than happy to apologise if I'm incorrect.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 19 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#48 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostLesleyB, on 19 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

The club replied in the comments of the post saying he had been indentified, to which some commented that the post should be removed.

I’ve asked Nick if we should be pulling the original one as well.

Okay, the comments must have been removed along with the posting

#49 User is offline   LesleyB 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:11 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 January 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Judging by Lesley's clarifications, it appears to me as though the statement did not pass her desk for proof reading and approval.

Lesley, can you please further clarify..

1. How this affects away or casual fans who arrive on time without a ticket?

2. How OAP Joan, who gets there 5 minutes late 'cos of public transport delays, gets in the match?

3. Which senior person will personally address the queue at 2.45pm and explain the new process? That person might need a couple of bodyguards.

1 - we will launched the e ticket option to away fans like we are experiencing at grounds we are visiting. Pay on the day away fans will have some details taken on a different part of the system. The casual fan that attends without a record on the system will have the option to create one or complete a form paper or online for future purchases.

2 - There will be a terminal open for sales right up until KO. No one will be
refused the right to buy a ticket. We aren’t looking at 100% in before 2:45pm.

3 - the new process is there to be trialled and tweaked accordingly. Anyone is welcome to challenge and raise feedback on the changes. There is an assumption I am a mouthpiece to these changes but i am only talking about them because i was part of a 5person team that created them. ( Paul Roberts, Lisa Smith, Steve Coe and Karen Wood are the other 4)

This post has been edited by LesleyB: 19 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

#50 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

Simple set up a new email address and false name when ordering online so they wouldnt know you are a trouble causing pesky fan. As I said last week we are a nasty horrible club at the moment and those in charge seem quite happy about that and wont do anything about it. If the FA decide on a points deduction then perhaps its more to do with previous charges and they have simply had enough of CFC and those in n charge.
#notapennymore

#51 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostLesleyB, on 19 January 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

1 - we will launched the e ticket option to away fans like we are experiencing at grounds we are visiting. Pay on the day away fans will have some details taken on a different part of the system. The casual fan that attends without a record on the system will have the option to create one or complete a form paper or online for future purchases.

3 - the new process is there to be trialled and tweaked accordingly. Anyone is welcome to challenge and raise feedback on the changes. There is an assumption I am a mouthpiece to these changes but i am only talking about them because i was part of a 5person team that created them. ( Paul Roberts, Lisa Smith, Steve Coe and Karen Wood are the other 4)

This stinks of an ID scheme in all but name.

#52 User is offline   LesleyB 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 January 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Apologies if I'm wrong, but when the ADs were given their chance to put their reasons for joining to the share holders I don't think I heard you say anything about embarresment at the way things have gone or how things have been run over the last few years. I thought you said what you could bring to the club but nothing about shame or embarresment at the clubs position.
Edit..more than happy to apologise if I'm incorrect.

I wouldn’t mention it if I didn’t say it. I said It was embarrassing what us as a fan base have been through and where we are, i apologised for our current position and the things we are still getting wrong. I also said I want it to be our club again.

#53 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Well as you chose to come on here discussing this - some might say defending - folk can't be blamed for seeing you as a 'mouthpiece'.

And I'll say it again - if someone can turn up at more or less any time, perhaps offer a fake name and address to do so (wonder how many James Higgins there'll be?), then what's the point?

PS: obviously you, I and others have different memories of what you said on Monday.

#54 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostLesleyB, on 19 January 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

I wouldn’t mention it if I didn’t say it. I said It was embarrassing what us as a fan base have been through and where we are, i apologised for our current position and the things we are still getting wrong. I also said I want it to be our club again.

I must have missed that bit then.

#55 User is offline   SuperJackyLester 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:32 PM

This seems to be turning into a bit of a witch hunt.

#56 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

'Away fans will have some details taken....'

Can you expand on what and the reasoning behind it?

I know I would tell whichever non-league club wanted my details to stick it up their jacksie but then maybe that's just me.

#57 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

As mentioned above. This is an ID scheme. Simple as. I bet that this was knocked up in about 10 minutes in some god awful 'strategy' meeting entitled 'How can we stop the FA rollicking us'. The worst part is the Third Reich esque criticise the club get banned for three years which quite frankly is scandalous.

Speaking of which does the above sentence mean I'm banned now mr screen shotter?

#58 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 19 January 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

As mentioned above. This is an ID scheme. Simple as. I bet that this was knocked up in about 10 minutes in some god awful 'strategy' meeting entitled 'How can we stop the FA rollicking us'. The worst part is the Third Reich esque criticise the club get banned for three years which quite frankly is scandalous.

Speaking of which does the above sentence mean I'm banned now mr screen shotter?

If Town banned everyone who thought it's run by third rate second hand car dealers they'd be left opening the director's seats and maybe a row on the Kop every week...

#59 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 January 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

This stinks of an ID scheme in all but name.

That is my view also.

#60 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

It is one thing supplying an away club your details when purchasing an e-ticket by credit/debit card and another taking details from pay on the day customers just for the sake of it

I hope you make this clear to away fans before they travel

This post has been edited by azul: 19 January 2019 - 12:58 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users