• You cannot reply to this topic

Matchday Tickets Buying on the day

#21 User is offline   Jack Lester's Cast 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

View PostLesleyB, on 18 January 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

Not sure what you mean by throw my lot it in, but for clarity there are 237 employees at the club, all of which can encompass my role and it is beyond just the top table.

On Monday at the AGM I made my position clear. I am deeply embarrassed as a fan about what we’ve endured over the last 4 years. No one is expecting anyone to forgot or forget. Whilst I might not change the world there is large parts of the business that can be influenced and changed for the better.

I am just rolling my sleeves up and giving it my best shot.

237 employees wow, can we start from the top and streamline the business? I would love to see a figure for other clubs in the NL, and or similar aged stadiums with B&C etc, 237 seems excessive.

This post has been edited by Jack Lester's Cast: 19 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

#22 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:01 AM

Lesley is one of them now

Not one of us

A mouthpiece for the club

There, I’ve said it.
JRID

#23 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 19 January 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

Lesley is one of them now

Not one of us

A mouthpiece for the club

There, I’ve said it.

Not often I say this but you are so so right.

#24 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

Bottom line is that Once again the club directorship are spineless in trying to appease the FA by justifying that they are implementing new ticketing processes and procedures after the recent events at the Proact. The timing is inappropriate and insensitive......and by no means a coincidence pretending that these processes were already being reviewed and ready to be delivered. Shame on the club for insulting the genuine fans intelligence and treating the good decent 99 per cent of loyal fans like criminals and idiots. Mr Bean addressed his desire to engage and interact with the fans using better and more transparent communications between senior stakeholders and the supporters. He has certainly made a good endearing start!!!!!!
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#25 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

View PostQuaker, on 19 January 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Sorry Lesley but Mr Looker is 100% correct with regards to the statement issued. It's very clear why these changes are taking place.

It's starting to look to me, IMHO, that the appointment of Mr Bean with his background is as much to do with weeding out those "pesky kids" as it is to ensuring the well running of the club going forward. It's almost that the Ebbsfleet invasion has played into their hands.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 19 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

Mr Mercury said:

1547889921[/url]' post='1448867']
It's starting to look to me, IMHO, that the appointment of Mr Bean with his background is as much to do with weeding out those "pesky kids" as it is to ensuring the well running of the club going forward. It's almost that the Ebbsfleet invasion has played into their hands.

http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1439495
A new hope.

#27 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

View PostDEATH, on 19 January 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Perceptive.

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

View PostJack Lester, on 19 January 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

237 employees wow, can we start from the top and streamline the business? I would love to see a figure for other clubs in the NL, and or similar aged stadiums with B&C etc, 237 seems excessive.

Does the 237 include the likes of stewards, serving staff etc?

#29 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:46 AM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 19 January 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

Bottom line is that Once again the club directorship are spineless in trying to appease the FA by justifying that they are implementing new ticketing processes and procedures after the recent events at the Proact. The timing is inappropriate and insensitive......and by no means a coincidence pretending that these processes were already being reviewed and ready to be delivered. Shame on the club for insulting the genuine fans intelligence and treating the good decent 99 per cent of loyal fans like criminals and idiots. Mr Bean addressed his desire to engage and interact with the fans using better and more transparent communications between senior stakeholders and the supporters. He has certainly made a good endearing start!!!!!!

But i suppose as long as the "pesky kids" are being outed, alls well with his employer?

#30 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

LesleyB said:

1547849647[/url]' post='1448791']
No ulterior motive on my part. Like everything a situation occurs and it's gives you an opportunity to review everything that should've been sorted before.

Lesley, you probably are putting in a lot of time, and working hard to do what you can to improve things. No doubt you will make small improvements here and there that benefit customers.

But make no mistake, you are being used by this regime. Used to try to add some legitimacy and also act as a fire wall. You are also now acting as a spokesperson via social media, as Ashley used to do on here.

You are highly likely to come out of this with a damaged reputation, not because your acting in any way inappropriately, but as the old saying goes, getting tarred with the same brush.

These men that you report to are not honest, they have been caught out far too many times. They won’t think twice about feeding you half truths, using you to deflect attention away from themselves, and they won’t hesitate in throwing you under the bus when the time comes.

They don’t respect the institution of CFC, it’s fan base, or it’s position in the town and community. They don’t respect you.

Think long and hard, and ask yourself if you really want this.
A new hope.

#31 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

View PostLesleyB, on 18 January 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

Firstly spot checks on IDs is only for people buying concession categories.

The idea is not to penalise or deter anyone but our current process is not fit for purpose. Right up until KO there will be a terminal open to take sales for anyone wishing to make a late decision. Anyone queuing regardless of the time will be served.

We have also extended the time on our website by an extra 2/3 hours for people buying tickets. Over the last month we had already been speaking with a number of clubs about their process to try and increase online traffic and to make sure our audit trail is as robust as it can be.

Currently anyone buying after 1pm are not providing details, in the event of an emergency either medical or otherwise we have no way of tracing who that person is. This is something we’ve been wanting to do for a while.

I don’t want to present any hurdles for any of our fans but what we are implementing is pretty standard across the clubs with digital turnstiles. Any questions drop me a message ��

Lesley apologies for going off topic, but seeing the question wasn't answered by anyone on the pitch invasion thread, do you know why the club article on the website, picturing a single individual they still wanted to trace, whilst thanking fans for their assistance in identifying the other photographed pitch invaders, was pulled ?

#32 User is offline   bigdavethemaddog 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

sounds to me that whatever the club/Lesley or whoever do or say then people are just determined to pick fault and cause further unrest amongst the fan base.

#33 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

View Postbigdavethemaddog, on 19 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

sounds to me that whatever the club/Lesley or whoever do or say then people are just determined to pick fault and cause further unrest amongst the fan base.

The unrest amongst the fan base is caused by the people in charge running the club into the ground.

#34 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

bigdavethemaddog said:

1547891411[/url]' post='1448877']

You know the saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

Is there one for - try to fool me once and get caught out shame on you, try to fool me for the seventeenth time and still get caught out shame on you again?

Does that work for you?
A new hope.

#35 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

Judging by Lesley's clarifications, it appears to me as though the statement did not pass her desk for proof reading and approval.

Lesley, can you please further clarify..

1. How this affects away or casual fans who arrive on time without a ticket?

2. How OAP Joan, who gets there 5 minutes late 'cos of public transport delays, gets in the match?

3. Which senior person will personally address the queue at 2.45pm and explain the new process? That person might need a couple of bodyguards.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#36 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

You don’t have to look very far from the boardroom to see who the biggest culprits are for causing unrest amongst the fan base,obviously I can’t speak for everyone but until the current owner sells up the club will never move forward.

#37 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

View Postdim view, on 19 January 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Judging by Lesley's clarifications, it appears to me as though the statement did not pass her desk for proof reading and approval.

Lesley, can you please further clarify..

1. How this affects away or casual fans who arrive on time without a ticket?

2. How OAP Joan, who gets there 5 minutes late 'cos of public transport delays, gets in the match?

3. Which senior person will personally address the queue at 2.45pm and explain the new process? That person might need a couple of bodyguards.

Point 4. Which senior person will chase after the people drifting away from the que of disgruntled punters that realise they're better off at home than trying to get into the game for kick off with the new procedures.

#38 User is offline   claycross spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:39 AM

View PostLesleyB, on 18 January 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

I think it’s maybe more than tracing a person but more tracing a purchase.

A match gets abandoned
Someone loses a ticket
Someone wants a refund
A person takes ill at the game
An away game gets called off and we’ve sold the ticket

By using walk up mode and taking no details it’s leaves us struggling to trace the point of sale. Ask anyone that forgets to bring a match ticket what it’s like finding the transaction when they aren’t on the system.

you forgot one,

We need your address in case Someone needs to come round your house for a "chat" (failing that well come to your place of work)

This post has been edited by claycross spireite: 19 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

#39 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Can’t imagine we’ll hear much back about this now.

#40 User is offline   Spire_78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NOYFB

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

Call me cynical but I can imagine something like - ID please, a quick check if you have said anything nasty or critical about the organ grinder or his monkey on social media - and if your names down, you're not coming in

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users