Matchday Tickets Buying on the day

#141 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 20 January 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

There is also a non member section if there are any tickets left.

I was left looking on Twitter when my lad wanted to go. I'll have to look again.

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 20 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Not so

Have you a link to info about this?

I wouldn't mind a return trip without going in the away end.

#142 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

I was left looking on Twitter when my lad wanted to go. I'll have to look again.

It’s on the arsenal website. Probably not many matches when it gets used but it is there.

#143 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

You ok Ashley hows Jordan won any bets lately?

?

#144 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

LesleyB,

Does the club have a policy covering KYC & AML?

#145 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 20 January 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Lesley who is on the ticket window, she is an associate director, so yes I believe what Lesley says on facebook

I am told you could still purchase tickets in the shop late on.
God I hate this league.

#146 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

You're discredited when it comes to the vast majority of off-field CFC matters. The list of those people you've repeatedly defended would be utterly hair-raising.

As a result your posts have to be of a very high level to deserve any respect.

This one fell some way short I'm afraid.

If your respect is to be gained only by agreeing with you it isn't worth having.
You're not pompous, by the way.

#147 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Embarrassingly poor before then. I'm sure it used to be later when we first offered online sales. Only at CFC does evolution go the other way.

I'm sure this brings us into line with the majority of clubs as regards accountability and in another way to try and ensure we don't get into any further trouble. Thus the I.D when purchasing by cash.
God I hate this league.

#148 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

I have no issue with him wanting to maintain his privacy. If I posted the amount of garbage* he has down the years I would want to too in case someone with a long memory came and tapped me on the shoulder.

*I'm not suggesting I haven't occasionally.

You'd have a queue surely lol.
God I hate this league.

#149 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:31 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 20 January 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

If they are relying on legitimate interest to maintain my personal details when my one match contract with them is over, I probably won't be buying another unless I can use me alias..

Napoleon, eccleshall road

But it's closed lol
God I hate this league.

#150 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostFreddie, on 20 January 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

GDPR this, GDPR that. Surely the point is that had a handful of supporters not committed offences by invading the pitch then none of this would have been needed. Identify them, ban them, accept the consequences and move on.

But that did happen things have to change. If there are issues with our ticketing system that need improving then it has to happen. The fact that who ever is showing a more proactive attitude to improving areas that require sorting has got to be a welcome change, even if it does encompass preventing banned fans from getting in whilst banned from the stadium. I must agree though that the announcements made and the queries raised perhaps need the club to reasses things and put out more comprehensive explanation as not all fans are BB.
God I hate this league.

#151 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

View Posth again, on 21 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

If your respect is to be gained only by agreeing with you it isn't worth having.
You're not pompous, by the way.

If you really think people are offended by you because you don't agree with them then you have even less self-awareness than I though you had.

#152 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

If you really think people are offended by you because you don't agree with them then you have even less self-awareness than I though you had.

Fat fingers - wrong colour. Can someone correct it for me please!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#153 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

He knows exactly what he is doing and it’s deliberate. He’s 100% self aware and it’s all done for kicks.

Which given his age is pretty sad.

Maybe he’s a very lonely old man and we should pity him?
A new hope.

#154 User is offline   Jack Lester's Cast 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 20 January 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

Under the newly amended Data Protection Act 2018, people have the right to choose who holds information on them and can also request to see what information a company holds on them and can ask for it to be destroyed.
Any business that retains customer information must be registered with the ICO, I hope CFC are registered.

You can also report companies and persons within said companies of harassment etc, hi Ashley.

#155 User is offline   Jack Lester's Cast 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 20 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

So, to summarise this is where we appear to be with this.

Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system.

Only if you want them to be.

•You may be asked to provide proof of ID, including age. Please bring this ID with you.

You may be, but are under no obligation to provide it to purchase tickets.

•Online tickets will now be available up until two hours before kick-off for collection and up until one hour before kick-off with the 'Print at Home’ facility.

As they are now?

Ticket office windows will close 15 minutes before kick-off.

Untrue.

There will be ticket checks at turnstiles on matchdays.

As there can be now.

I’m glad that the club got this right with that statement or we’d have nothing to talk about on a Sunday evening.

Bravo WS, it is a nothing statement by the club and yet again the Bob Board fraternity have exposed untruths.

#156 User is offline   financejon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mainly CFC but a bit of golf from time to time

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Westbars Spireite said:

1548008950[/url]' post='1449393']
So, to summarise this is where we appear to be with this.

Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system.

Only if you want them to be.

•You may be asked to provide proof of ID, including age. Please bring this ID with you.

You may be, but are under no obligation to provide it to purchase tickets.

•Online tickets will now be available up until two hours before kick-off for collection and up until one hour before kick-off with the 'Print at Home’ facility.

As they are now?

Ticket office windows will close 15 minutes before kick-off.

Untrue.

There will be ticket checks at turnstiles on matchdays.

As there can be now.

I’m glad that the club got this right with that statement or we’d have nothing to talk about on a Sunday evening.

A bit late in this thread I know, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same issues with the “print at home” facility that I have. In fact I have had an interesting exchange with Steve Coe to get to the bottom of the problem.In short, my tickets have not correctly printed the barcode. They just appear as a blacked out box, and obviously useless at the turnstiles. When reported to the Club, Steve took up the issue with the ticket software supplier and was told that it was because I was printing on a Mac (iPhone would have the same issue) as the ios12 update had caused problems at other football clubs and until Apple issued an update, the problem would not go away.I got round the problem by screenshotting the ticket and then printing the screen shot which printed correctly (got to be A4 size) and was accepted at the turnstile. To me, this indicates a print software resolution issue, not iOS, but it would be interesting to see if I am the only one having a print problem with Apple devices.As a final exchange, I mentioned to Steve that the ability to download the ticket onto phone like I did at Harrogate and Solihull would be so much better and probably help to reduce match day queues, but he told me that our turnstile ticketing facility is now 8 years old and could not be upgraded unless the Club accepted an £18k cost of doing so.Probably not a justifiable expense at this stage!

#157 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

I said when it was first installed it would make sense that the cards etc they used for season tickets could be replicated by an app on a smartphone where everything was stored or for non season ticket holders they downloaded the app and could load tickets to it to save this problem. You could either have it so it worked a bit like Apple Pay where you put the device near to the turnstile and verified it or the scanners on the turnstiles were capable of reading a barcode from the screen of the device.

#158 User is offline   Draco Dormiens 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

View Postfinancejon, on 22 January 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

A bit late in this thread I know, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same issues with the “print at home” facility that I have. In fact I have had an interesting exchange with Steve Coe to get to the bottom of the problem.In short, my tickets have not correctly printed the barcode. They just appear as a blacked out box, and obviously useless at the turnstiles. When reported to the Club, Steve took up the issue with the ticket software supplier and was told that it was because I was printing on a Mac (iPhone would have the same issue) as the ios12 update had caused problems at other football clubs and until Apple issued an update, the problem would not go away.I got round the problem by screenshotting the ticket and then printing the screen shot which printed correctly (got to be A4 size) and was accepted at the turnstile. To me, this indicates a print software resolution issue, not iOS, but it would be interesting to see if I am the only one having a print problem with Apple devices.As a final exchange, I mentioned to Steve that the ability to download the ticket onto phone like I did at Harrogate and Solihull would be so much better and probably help to reduce match day queues, but he told me that our turnstile ticketing facility is now 8 years old and could not be upgraded unless the Club accepted an £18k cost of doing so.Probably not a justifiable expense at this stage!

We had the exact same issue a few weeks ago trying to print from iPad. As you did, the only resolution was to save as a photo and print from that. Quite annoying.

This post has been edited by Draco Dormiens: 22 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

#159 User is offline   Lewis Clark 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

View Postfinancejon, on 22 January 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

I had the same problem printing tickets on my Mac for the Bedford game, and had to exchange at reception. I have since updated the operating system and printed the ticket again with the same result. I contacted the club and received a replay from Steve Coe offering to exchange any future printed tickets. However, screenshotting the ticket and then printing from that is a simple and easy fix. As you say, I would think the size has to be kept at A4. Like you, and probably many others, I would use the QR code on my phone if this option was available.

#160 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

Im sure Director Coe our resident IT expert will sort it. Email him you might get an answer
#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users