Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ashmore On Talksport - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ashmore On Talksport

#41 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:07 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 10 January 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

The pineapple thing is out of order. It does tend to be shouted at primarily black players simply because white players don't have it. I know it's only a hairstyle but crowds don't chant baldy to players with shaved heads.

I often used to hear "Hey, Hey, Dude looks like a lady" from the Saltergate Kop aimed at players with long hair. Would that be sexist or would that be funny? (I cant remember any player it was aimed at not laughing)

#42 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

View Postmattthespireite, on 10 January 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

What a complete load of bo11ocks. I work with a white guy who has Afro type hair. He gets called microphone head by way of banter. Are you telling me saying this to a black person is racist? It's about the hair....not the colour of skin.

Even it was funny, the repetitive nature of it put a different slant on it for me

#43 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 10 January 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Listening now. Says he doesn't mind being called fat. Saying he was attacked at the end of the game Saturday. Admitting to time wasting Saturday but says he wasn't cheating.
Now talking about Jason Lee. Saying that the pineapple song was racist. Really ?
Just text them. Hopefully they'll ring back and we'll have a nice chat !

The big point in that one is WAS HE ATTACKED I didn't see an attack. The lad seemed to stumble forward whilst bending over the Goalie on the floor. Another guy said the goalies leg got in between the lads leg pulling him forward - intentionally or not I don't know

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 10 January 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

He just admitted that Saturday's abuse was not racist, though it sounds like a lot of other unpleasant things were said.
If he is not claiming racism where none apparently happened, fair enough- he has a right to complain about the other abuse.

So where did the faceism claims originate from.
God I hate this league.

#44 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 10 January 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Absolute complete and utter horse 💩, let’s not try and shoe horn racism into a situation where it doesn’t exist.

No. I totally agree with that and believe me I am not what I would call a "do hooded" who wants to change the way we live and all that tosh.
But the pineapple jibe was a funny joke made up about a black player with a particular type of hairstyle that was taken so far that even David Baddiel dressed up as him with his face coloured up. It's a song now that like I say is only sung to black players because they are the ones with this particular style.

Long hair people get they gypo chant but black & white players get it.
That's where I'm coming from, like I say I don't want to come across as a over sensitive cos trust me. That is not me.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#45 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

View Postmoondog, on 10 January 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Even it was funny, the repetitive nature of it put a different slant on it for me

Agree the monotony of it was embarrassingly reflective of lack of wit.

That's the last time I'll be listening to that programme. What a complete hypocritic White is. Wouldn't let some Jock make his point re defending Leigh Griffiths (earlier debate) for going to the races cos it may antagonise his team supporters. But then fails to question Ashmore re taking ball into corner to cheat (sorry game management) knowing full we'll it winds fans up. Why didn't he ask why would you intentionally wind fans up? It was pleasing they read out replys from town fans 😂
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#46 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 10 January 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Initially there was an allegation of racist abuse, because the statement on the club's website said so. Our club has been portrayed very negatively and if he has now withdrawn any allegation he made, that would be good - but damage has already been done to the club's image?

If he is now saying that it didnt happen he needs to say as much not just on radio station not many folk really listen too. The initial allegation hit all sorts of bigger news outlets and i suspect this wont!!

#47 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

View PostJonB, on 10 January 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

If he is now saying that it didnt happen he needs to say as much not just on radio station not many folk really listen too. The initial allegation hit all sorts of bigger news outlets and i suspect this wont!!

Why was he gobbing off at town fans if he hadn't been abused when holding the ball in one hand, taunting MAF at the sametime
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#48 User is offline   mattthespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC. MUFC. My dog Raymond who is a Shar-Pei.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 10 January 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Why was he gobbing off at town fans if he hadn't been abused when holding the ball in one hand, taunting MAF at the sametime

More to the point....didn’t he get booked for his ‘game management’?

#49 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 10 January 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Why was MAF's goal disallowed?

#50 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostDIFH, on 10 January 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

The big point in that one is WAS HE ATTACKED I didn't see an attack. The lad seemed to stumble forward whilst bending over the Goalie on the floor. Another guy said the goalies leg got in between the lads leg pulling him forward - intentionally or not I don't know

So where did the faceism claims originate from.

Time for you to “get real” David. I’ve heard some pathetic excuses on here but your “I must visit Specsavers” comments take the biscuit. There can be no justification for what happened and you should accept it instead of being an apologist.

#51 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 10 January 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Why was MAF's goal disallowed?

Wrongly. MAF knocked the ball of the flat of Ashmores hand (one hand) while he was gobbing off. The ref would say he was in control of the ball, I would say he hadn't been in control for 20 minutes.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#52 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

View PostQuaker, on 10 January 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I often used to hear "Hey, Hey, Dude looks like a lady" from the Saltergate Kop aimed at players with long hair. Would that be sexist or would that be funny? (I cant remember any player it was aimed at not laughing)

I don't think saying someone has a pineapple on their head, is a gypo, lives in a caravan or has long hair or a bald head is racist in the slightest. I think they are all songs with a banter element you'd expect to hear at a football game.

The Kop at Saltergate used to absolutely hammer players with long hair, or generally **** hair (he's got shoe laces on his head - to someone with dreadlocks) and it was all taken in good humour from what I remember.

I do think people are always looking for a way to be offended by anything nowadays though. Personal opinion however

#53 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

View PostCFC91, on 10 January 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

I don't think saying someone has a pineapple on their head, is a gypo, lives in a caravan or has long hair or a bald head is racist in the slightest. I think they are all songs with a banter element you'd expect to hear at a football game.

The Kop at Saltergate used to absolutely hammer players with long hair, or generally **** hair (he's got shoe laces on his head - to someone with dreadlocks) and it was all taken in good humour from what I remember.

I do think people are always looking for a way to be offended by anything nowadays though. Personal opinion however

Can you remove 91 off your username please as its ageist :windup
People like clarevoyant might be offended
Have passport will travel

#54 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 10 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'll update my gender to 'Neutral' as well

#55 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

And yet when players give it back fans are unable to cope and start crying that players shouldnt be able to wind the crowd up because somehow that's wrong yet fans giving out the business is just fine.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#56 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

View Postcfc_scott, on 10 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

I think he said the abuse that wasnt racist was the Boreham Wood away, not our one at the weekend

Just seen a video clip of what he said and yes, it was a cup match, so he wasn't talking about us, as you say: https://twitter.com/...364371030528001
Is Ashmore still accusing Chesterfield fans of racism? It was unclear.
These go to eleven.

#57 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 10 January 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

And yet when players give it back fans are unable to cope and start crying that players shouldnt be able to wind the crowd up because somehow that's wrong yet fans giving out the business is just fine.

I personally don't mind if they're giving it back. Probably shows they are rattled and now 100% focused on the actual game which can only be a good thing.

#58 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

But like it or not. Since we moved away from Saltergate the world has changed.
I can understand that it's a massive minefield that we walk in when it comes to "political correctness" because just when you think there's a difinitive edge somebody goes and moves it again.
We had a female ref on Saturday but nobody chanted anything derogatory about exposing her bodily parts that they would've done at Saltergate.

Times have changed.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#59 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 10 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Hold on a minute don't put me in the Azul mould.

I can only be classed as a "Caskist"

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 10 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#60 User is offline   claycross spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

View Postplannerj, on 10 January 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Time for you to “get real” David. I’ve heard some pathetic excuses on here but your “I must visit Specsavers” comments take the biscuit. There can be no justification for what happened and you should accept it instead of being an apologist.

Not that dave needs anyone to defend himself but where in his post is he justifying what happened?

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users