• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Caldwell Has a job!

#41 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

I just took a look at the Partick website and really this should be the easiest job around. In terms of potential they have only one rival in the Scottish Championship. They have support! And looking at their squad - well no wonder they sacked their manager. They SHOULD be top. That is a potentially decent team.

I reckon GC thinks he's shooting fish in a barrel. It will be hard NOT to go on a winning run with that squad. He'd need to bring in Guy Branston to fail.

#42 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

View Postmoondog, on 17 October 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm informed the Partick CEO was given details of our playing budget, how many players Caldwell was able to sign and the cost. The offending paragraph was removed within 30 minutes of the details being received.

I hope i speak for many of us when I thank them for putting Partick and GC straight.

Could this be the dawn of a new age of transparancy and openess or just a mardy reaction ?

This post has been edited by Close but no prawn sarnies: 17 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

#43 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 17 October 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I hope i speak for many of us when I thank them for putting Partick and GC straight.

Could this be the dawn of a new age of transparancy and openess or just a mardy reaction ?

Neither, understandable to want to put the record straight, I'm guessing the info came out at Caldwell's interview...

#44 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:06 PM

If you take a look at Partick's website they actually seem to be in the business of trying to provide information.

We embrace the very opposite with the iron grip of a drowning man.

The result is that our website is full of nothing.

#45 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

View Postmoondog, on 17 October 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

I did ask, but understandably have only given the budget figure £2.2m, believed to be the third highest in league 2.

Ta
If this was attributable to Caldwell then his new CEO has no business retracting the statement. Perhaps the CEO simply got that impression and the statement was his, not Caldwell's.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#46 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:59 PM

View Postdim view, on 17 October 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Ta
If this was attributable to Caldwell then his new CEO has no business retracting the statement. Perhaps the CEO simply got that impression and the statement was his, not Caldwell's.

You could be right

#47 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

Carson can play the 'not my fault, guv' part all he wants, but a Caldwell who'd enjoyed a Championship budget in L1 was hired to turn around a club downsizing.

Where was the joined-up thinking in that.

Then after a January when more talent left to be replaced by kids the manager himself dropped after only a handful of games he was teamed-up with Guy Branston.

Guy...Branston.

To be fair to Carson they had the scope to overhaul the squad in a way few, if any others have experienced.

Yet it was the damage those three inflicted that more than anything led to where we are today.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#48 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

As I remember it, Caldwell drew his first game for us then had two weeks in which to improve his squad and train them in his new style of play. He spent 10 days training the bones of his team to play as he wished, then he brought five teenagers into the squad and gave them no time to settle despite their complete lack of experience. And at that point our fate was sealed.

He got a chance to redeem both us and himself in the summer transfer window, but with the help of Mr Branston, created a squad from which Max Ernst might have made an interesting collage, but even Marcelo Bielsa couldn't have made a team.

Like Banksy, Caldwell set the shredder and watched as his surreal creation slowly destroyed itself.

Whether Mr Carson was the Saatchi-ish genius behind that work of anti-art I don't know. He appears too full of his own suits to have the mental capacity, and whilst Mr Allen has the necessary bitterness, is he really so far-sighted? Might all this just be the accidental unraveling of a landscape of fools?

#49 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 17 October 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

As I remember it, Caldwell drew his first game for us then had two weeks in which to improve his squad and train them in his new style of play. He spent 10 days training the bones of his team to play as he wished, then he brought five teenagers into the squad and gave them no time to settle despite their complete lack of experience. And at that point our fate was sealed.

He got a chance to redeem both us and himself in the summer transfer window, but with the help of Mr Branston, created a squad from which Max Ernst might have made an interesting collage, but even Marcelo Bielsa couldn't have made a team.

Like Banksy, Caldwell set the shredder and watched as his surreal creation slowly destroyed itself.

Whether Mr Carson was the Saatchi-ish genius behind that work of anti-art I don't know. He appears too full of his own suits to have the mental capacity, and whilst Mr Allen has the necessary bitterness, is he really so far-sighted? Might all this just be the accidental unraveling of a landscape of fools?

Stoptalkingbol.

#50 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

What drugs you on bro?

#51 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

View Postmoondog, on 17 October 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

You could be right

I've got a question for Ashley. At what point before the end of the season did you know that Nolan would be moving to Shrewsbury?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#52 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

View Postmoondog, on 17 October 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm informed the Partick CEO was given details of our playing budget, how many players Caldwell was able to sign and the cost. The offending paragraph was removed within 30 minutes of the details being received.

Graham Smyth writes that Partick were also threatened with "further action" if the offending paragraphs were not removed. How very Chesterfield FC of us.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#53 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

The Jags fans were happy with his appointment until one found us, they also hold the view their club was wrong to make the offending comment

https://www.wearethi...rmation/&page=4

#54 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 17 October 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Graham Smyth writes that Partick were also threatened with "further action" if the offending paragraphs were not removed. How very Chesterfield FC of us.

If only they were so insistent on such clarity on all matters.

#55 User is online   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:14 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 17 October 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

When you consider the scrotes, sorry former employees who have blackened the club's name without so much as a mention, Partick should consider themselves extremely unlucky!

#56 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

View PostBlue5, on 17 October 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

When you consider the scrotes, sorry former employees who have blackened the club's name without so much as a mention, Partick should consider themselves extremely unlucky!

They should consider themselves very lucky that they haven't been doorstepped by eastern European bouncers.

#57 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:30 PM

If Patrick Thistle didn't think what they said was a problem why didn't they stick by it
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#58 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 17 October 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

If Patrick Thistle didn't think what they said was a problem why didn't they stick by it

They didn't until they were told. Then they did.

#59 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Gary Caldewll terrible Manager. Actually should never work in a Football again.

Partick Thistle another poxy side with a 3 sided ground.

#60 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

More famous names in next post please

Share this topic:

• (34 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users