Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Left Sided Centre Back - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Left Sided Centre Back

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 June 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

I personally think it's the end for Raglan, and that Maguire has to go out on loan. Our reserve league standard is not pushing him enough.

I don't that is necessarily the case? Is Raglan, Evatt, Hird and A N Other too many CBs to have around the club. Maguire doesn't seem to be on the radar and who knows what Evatt will be like after a long layoff. Is he even clear of his injury, he says so but there have so many misdiagnosis of his injury I'd be cautious
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

What happened to the talk about the Mansfield cb.
God I hate this league.

#23 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 01 July 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Taffazoli? Went to Peterborough didn't he?
Here we go again!

#24 User is offline   Limestone Cowboy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 01 July 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Signed for the Posh if you mean Traffozoli whatever his name is mate.

#25 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

View Posthilly81, on 01 July 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Difference being all the Walsall players that have left have chosen to leave despite being offered new contracts rather than being flogged off with the Exception of Bradshaw and Henry.

And, what would we have been saying if our prized assets had walked away for nothing?

This is a team that made the play-offs, failed miserably, and subsequently lost half the team - only difference I see there compared to us, the previous season, is that their lot walked for next to nowt.

If any of our prized assets, such as Morsy, turned down a new contract offer it was the club's fault, the CEO's fault, Morsy really wanted to stay etc - but it's ok if it happens elsewhere such as Walsall!!!!!!

#26 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

View Postdtp, on 01 July 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

And, what would we have been saying if our prized assets had walked away for nothing?

This is a team that made the play-offs, failed miserably, and subsequently lost half the team - only difference I see there compared to us, the previous season, is that their lot walked for next to nowt.

If any of our prized assets, such as Morsy, turned down a new contract offer it was the club's fault, the CEO's fault, Morsy really wanted to stay etc - but it's ok if it happens elsewhere such as Walsall!!!!!!

I can think of about 8 million reasons why Walsall are better ran than us.

Edit: But I tend to agree with your post.

This post has been edited by hilly81: 01 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

#27 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

View Postazul, on 01 July 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

I don't that is necessarily the case? Is Raglan, Evatt, Hird and A N Other too many CBs to have around the club. Maguire doesn't seem to be on the radar and who knows what Evatt will be like after a long layoff. Is he even clear of his injury, he says so but there have so many misdiagnosis of his injury I'd be cautious

Yes, AN Other would replace the CB we had on loan last season, unless he is returning and I've missed it.

#28 User is offline   The informer 

• Mr Grumpy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc, West Ham fc,

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostOneDecentLester, on 30 June 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

http://www.shropshir...ave-shrewsbury/

Seems it could be Nathaniel Knight-Percival that Wilson was talking about when he said he wanted a left sided centre back..

A few tweets also suggesting that it's between ourselves and Southend -

Ryan Hillback ‏@RyanHillback 40m40 minutes ago Codsall, England
#Salop defender Knight-Percival looks likely to leave with #Southend and #Chesterfield leading the race

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 17h17 hours ago Basildon, East
Nathaniel Knight-Percival is one of the defenders Blues have talked to. Sounds like he could be going elsewhere. Chesterfield linked to him.

Signed for BRADFORD.

#29 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostThe informer, on 01 July 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Signed for BRADFORD.

We know, the fact remains Wilson is after another CB
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#30 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

View Postdtp, on 01 July 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Hang on, now. Isn't the Walsall CEO the perfect type for CFC according to a number of contributors to this board?

Unless I'm mistaken Walsall have posted profits rather than losses despite seeing far lower receipts than Town, 'dtp'.

Indeed I'm led to believe they were used as a model by a well respected Town fan, merely seeking to assist CFC, to suggest to our CEO and Chairman how things might be improved at the Proact.

I'll leave 'Bob's Board' members to decide if the free advice offered was either understood or appreciated.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 July 2016 - 06:00 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#31 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 July 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

Unless I'm mistaken Walsall have posted profits rather than losses despite seeing far lower receipts than Town, 'dtp'.

Indeed I'm led to believe they were used as a model by a well respected Town fan, merely seeking to assist CFC, to suggest to our CEO and Chairman how things might be improved at the Proact.

I'll leave 'Bob's Board' members to decide if the free advice offered was either understood or appreciated.

I don't know enough about the comparative costs/expenses associated with either club to comment on their profits/losses and to what extent these are down to either CEO, Chris.

What I do know, though, is that if half our "play-off team" had walked away for next to nothing at the end of their contracts there would have been plenty moaning about that very fact on these boards.

By the way, any clues about the potential new left-sided CB?

This post has been edited by dtp: 01 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

#32 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

View Postdtp, on 01 July 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

I don't know enough about the comparative costs/expenses associated with either club to comment on their profits/losses and to what extent these are down to either CEO, Chris.

What I do know, though, is that if half our "play-off team" had walked away for next to nothing at the end of their contracts there would have been plenty moaning about that very fact on these boards.

You can't force players to sign a new contract just like we couldn't force Morsy to. The difference is Walsall gambled on going up rather than cashing in in January in the hope that playing in the championship would have persuaded them to say. Their gamble backfired and they lost the, all for nothing. It happens. They lost whereas we cashed in on ours.

#33 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

View Posthilly81, on 01 July 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

You can't force players to sign a new contract just like we couldn't force Morsy to. The difference is Walsall gambled on going up rather than cashing in in January in the hope that playing in the championship would have persuaded them to say. Their gamble backfired and they lost the, all for nothing. It happens. They lost whereas we cashed in on ours.

Did they turn down any realistic offers in January?

#34 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

View Postdtp, on 01 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

To be honest I don't know mate.

#35 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

View Postdtp, on 01 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

http://www.dailymail...m-Bradshaw.html

#36 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 01 July 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

That's told him...
East stand second class citizen.

#37 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 July 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

That's told him...

Just "one" then?

"One" for their leading scorer, over more than "one" season. An offer that would have been even further belittled if we had accepted such an amount for Doyle who, literally, had only done it for half a season.

And, in fact, we got to the play-offs having sold Doyle and picked up a better average number of points per game when he'd gone.

At the end of that season we sold, for good money Darikwa and Clucas, got a fee for Roberts, whilst Walsall's prized assets walked for nothing - I maintain we would have been even more disappointed if that had happened to us.

#38 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:50 AM

View Postdtp, on 02 July 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Just "one" then?

"One" for their leading scorer, over more than "one" season. An offer that would have been even further belittled if we had accepted such an amount for Doyle who, literally, had only done it for half a season.

And, in fact, we got to the play-offs having sold Doyle and picked up a better average number of points per game when he'd gone.

At the end of that season we sold, for good money Darikwa and Clucas, got a fee for Roberts, whilst Walsall's prized assets walked for nothing - I maintain we would have been even more disappointed if that had happened to us.

Just one for us as well in January, but we did the opposite, I wonder why?
East stand second class citizen.

#39 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

View Postdtp, on 01 July 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

I believe 'Freelander' posted comparative figures proving Walsall's superior finances some months ago, my friend.

And I understand the point you're making which, at face value, is a perfectly valid one.

However the simple truth is that the huge and, as yet, unexplained losses overseen by Turner despite record receipts led to an intention to sell, sell, and sell again on Dave Allen's part. Infact the only player to leave CFC having seen his contract expire was Jimmy Ryan. On the other hand it would seem Walsall hung on to their players in the hope of promotion. Would Town fans have welcomed a statement from the Chairman insisting we'd do the same? One last January stating we'd rather allow Sam Morsy to leave for free than jeopardise our L1 status, relegation costing far more than the two hundred grand realised?

I believe so.

EDIT: I'm told Bradford did us on wages in terms of this Knight-Percival bloke.

Couple of other snippets, too.

Apparently it's Billy Dearden who's been doing Danny Wilson's scouting, but he's off to Bolton to do the same job for them. It appears the treatment of Ernie and other well publicised off-field issues were a major factor in that decision.

There's also a story that Diego DeGirolamo is trialling at Bristol Rovers after Town's interest cooled.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 02 July 2016 - 11:08 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#40 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:54 AM

With the signing of the Chelsea lad perhaps Diego isn't needed - IF Ariyibi is staying

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users