Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Team Ernie Stewarding Fund - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Ernie Stewarding Fund

#241 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

View Postazul, on 30 June 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Wasn't it the early 2000's

There was certainly major sports superstores in those days. Maybe not in Town but in surrounding areas

Must have been JJB on Ravenside Retail Park then.

#242 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 June 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Must have been JJB on Ravenside Retail Park then.

That's what I meant subsequently bought out by Sports Direct

#243 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 30 June 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Scott, Scott, Scott... it's about gestures and doing the right thing by people, even when you don't have to. The club have screwed up massively. Ernie did nothing but give - to the club and to individuals in the community. I'll give you an example of Ernie's gestures to my family, over a couple of years -no doubt, I might even get beaten with the 'holier-than-thou' stick in the process, but here goes.

My mother passed away when I was in primary school. I'm one of four siblings (we were 6,8,10 &12 at the time), and the sport-mad one the family. We definitely grew up poor, but very much-loved. When my dad gave up work to raise us on his own, all my sports gear was bought from Moss and Miller. Geoff knew dad well and was sympathetic to our situation, but Ernie was amazing.

Knowing dad couldn't afford to buy boots and other things outright for a growing boy, Ernie ran his own line of weekly credit for dad. This involved dad visiting and discussing the weekend results in the stock room; taking payment in private and allowing dad to retain some dignity, as well a chat about how things were and how he, and we, were coping.

Dad always apologised when he paid an installment entirely in coins, and Ernie always told him he had nothing to apologise for. Ernie made dad feel special and yet normal at the same time. He didn't have to do any of this, and I thanked him profusely when I found out about this years later.

It's been said that the true test of a man's character is what he does when nobody's looking. Ernie made sure nobody was looking each time he met my dad. That's character. That's not a man deserving of your paltry remarks. I've contributed anonymously to the stewarding fund and also directly to the charity funds. It's only right to reciprocate.

Ernie didn't have to help my family, but chose to. He reached out when we 'needed' help. At this time, I can't think of not fully supporting Sarah and Nikki in their efforts to collect every penny that Ernie and these charities deserve.

It brings it back to my first line - doing the right thing by people, even when you don't have to.

Nice story.

He also gave me a few grips for my tennis racket when he found out i was playing for chesterfield.

Not once have i said he was a nice/deecent bloke, or was i trying to.

#244 User is offline   Mosschops8 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 30 June 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Scott, Scott, Scott... it's about gestures and doing the right thing by people, even when you don't have to. The club have screwed up massively. Ernie did nothing but give - to the club and to individuals in the community. I'll give you an example of Ernie's gestures to my family, over a couple of years -no doubt, I might even get beaten with the 'holier-than-thou' stick in the process, but here goes.

My mother passed away when I was in primary school. I'm one of four siblings (we were 6,8,10 &12 at the time), and the sport-mad one the family. We definitely grew up poor, but very much-loved. When my dad gave up work to raise us on his own, all my sports gear was bought from Moss and Miller. Geoff knew dad well and was sympathetic to our situation, but Ernie was amazing.

Knowing dad couldn't afford to buy boots and other things outright for a growing boy, Ernie ran his own line of weekly credit for dad. This involved dad visiting and discussing the weekend results in the stock room; taking payment in private and allowing dad to retain some dignity, as well a chat about how things were and how he, and we, were coping.

Dad always apologised when he paid an installment entirely in coins, and Ernie always told him he had nothing to apologise for. Ernie made dad feel special and yet normal at the same time. He didn't have to do any of this, and I thanked him profusely when I found out about this years later.

It's been said that the true test of a man's character is what he does when nobody's looking. Ernie made sure nobody was looking each time he met my dad. That's character. That's not a man deserving of your paltry remarks. I've contributed anonymously to the stewarding fund and also directly to the charity funds. It's only right to reciprocate.

Ernie didn't have to help my family, but chose to. He reached out when we 'needed' help. At this time, I can't think of not fully supporting Sarah and Nikki in their efforts to collect every penny that Ernie and these charities deserve.

It brings it back to my first line - doing the right thing by people, even when you don't have to.

Wow stockholm spireite that is literally the most beautiful post I have EVER read....thank you xx

#245 User is offline   Mosschops8 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostDema Reborn, on 30 June 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

After the charity game Ernie signed his autograph for my lad, he was full of smiles, i stood there still in awe of him as i was as a 13 year old many years ago, and just as he signed his autograph he just said YES,i really feel for you all it is not easy watching your parents decline in this way, i am glad you now have a figure, it is a magnificent achievement and i am glad to have been a part of it, i really enjoyed the day....well done to you all.....

Thank you & im so glad you all had good day & got to meet Dad.
Its so hard not being able to chat with Dad, but he knows us all & not in pain so I guess we cant really ask for more that that.
Thanks for your loyal support xx

#246 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostMosschops8, on 01 July 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Thank you & im so glad you all had good day & got to meet Dad.
Its so hard not being able to chat with Dad, but he knows us all & not in pain so I guess we cant really ask for more that that.
Thanks for your loyal support xx

The not talking bit was one of the worst parts for my family, as my cousin was always so chatty and vibrant, she'd look at you when you walked up to her but nothing else it was heartbreaking for her closest family to see day in day out.
You have my full respect as it's torture to go through, you're clearly a very strong family and that will see you all through. It means everything to have that.
Well done on all your fundraising and love to Ernie who I met once, he ruffled my hair and said hello as I was only little, he is a good man through and through :)

#247 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

Best Ernie memory was when he scored an over head kick against Wrexham to win 2-0 in the promotion 1970 in front of 16,379. The kop was packed, I will never forget that night. That was when the Kop was the Kop. Good luck to Ernie and rest of your family.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#248 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

Balance - £3,043.

#249 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:11 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 30 June 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I honestly think that the nature of a privately given apology should remain private.

The Moss family are happy with the amount their charities are receiving so this is perhaps one story that we should now draw a line under.

Although the amount to be raised to cover the stewarding costs has more than been surpassed I would ask everyone on this board to make their friends,workmates,etc aware of the appeal and let's see

what amount we can reach in the remainder of the 30 days.

It's all for a worthy cause.

Many thanks to all Nigel.

This is where I am too Nigel and agree 100% with your words.

On Tuesday I took the bull by the horns and visited the club and had a very intense meeting with CT for a few hours. I did not make an appointment but CT was very willing to accept me and talk about the whole issue.

The crux of my meeting was mainly for the charity game and to help Nikki & Sarah. An hour into the meeting Nick Johnson joined us and it was agreed that a statement would be released from the club itemising the figures that I had previously been supplied on the Monday night. I had been talking to both Nikki & Sarah regarding all of the points and all of the points that needed questioning.

I am not going into all the details and questions raised or the answers I received, but I did communicate with Nikki after the meeting.

I went onto to talk about several other issues, not for a full disclosure but as a starting point for future meetings.

On Tuesday night I met Nigel and showed my face, we had a very long chat over things that we the fans have serious concerns over.

I promise you all, I will get to the bottom of every issue that the fans need raising.

As I have mentioned before, I have no agenda and I will not be part of a lynch mob, but if I unearth anything that is illegal and damaging to CFC, I will follow everything through to the end.

There are 3 areas of concerns where discussions need clarity.

1). The Football Club - CT
2). The PPP - LS
3). The Community Trust - JC

Unfortunately many people have classed our CEO as head of all 3. From the outside he looks as though he is the captain of the ship and is tarnished with anything bad relating to all 3.
The 3 listed areas are NOT run by our CEO, he is only responsible for Chesterfield Football Club and is employed for the day to day running of the club.

I know several members of the board can argue against that reasoning as I was the person that raised the issue of CT being a director of the DC at a shareholders meeting a few years ago.

I hope you can all bear with me until the results come out.
I will suggest that a meeting with the club and their delegates is held with a few delegates of the 'forum' members so that a full and constructive meeting is held.

I am in daily communication with the club and directors and I will make sure that we are all satisfied with an aim towards and end result.

Issues that we have and they think have gone away will be brought back up until it is finally put to bed.

Sorry I have posted this content in the charity thread.

Z

P.S. 'Both' was a true gentleman at the opening of Moss & Miller and it was a privilege to be there.
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#250 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 01 July 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Best Ernie memory was when he scored an over head kick against Wrexham to win 2-0 in the promotion 1970 in front of 16,379. The kop was packed, I will never forget that night. That was when the Kop was the Kop. Good luck to Ernie and rest of your family.

That was the second goal after one from Tom Fenoughty and it was a vital victory on the way to promotion

Also the overhead kick Ernie scored at Millmoor on Boxing Day the following season in a 2-1 victory

I remember that day also for death of the very young runner Lilian Board from cancer

She was I suppose the Jessica Ennis Hill of the day and her death has always stuck with me for some reason

#251 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

This is where I am too Nigel and agree 100% with your words.

On Tuesday I took the bull by the horns and visited the club and had a very intense meeting with CT for a few hours. I did not make an appointment but CT was very willing to accept me and talk about the whole issue.

The crux of my meeting was mainly for the charity game and to help Nikki & Sarah. An hour into the meeting Nick Johnson joined us and it was agreed that a statement would be released from the club itemising the figures that I had previously been supplied on the Monday night. I had been talking to both Nikki & Sarah regarding all of the points and all of the points that needed questioning.

I am not going into all the details and questions raised or the answers I received, but I did communicate with Nikki after the meeting.

I went onto to talk about several other issues, not for a full disclosure but as a starting point for future meetings.

On Tuesday night I met Nigel and showed my face, we had a very long chat over things that we the fans have serious concerns over.

I promise you all, I will get to the bottom of every issue that the fans need raising.

As I have mentioned before, I have no agenda and I will not be part of a lynch mob, but if I unearth anything that is illegal and damaging to CFC, I will follow everything through to the end.

There are 3 areas of concerns where discussions need clarity.

1). The Football Club - CT
2). The PPP - LS
3). The Community Trust - JC

Unfortunately many people have classed our CEO as head of all 3. From the outside he looks as though he is the captain of the ship and is tarnished with anything bad relating to all 3.
The 3 listed areas are NOT run by our CEO, he is only responsible for Chesterfield Football Club and is employed for the day to day running of the club.

I know several members of the board can argue against that reasoning as I was the person that raised the issue of CT being a director of the DC at a shareholders meeting a few years ago.

I hope you can all bear with me until the results come out.
I will suggest that a meeting with the club and their delegates is held with a few delegates of the 'forum' members so that a full and constructive meeting is held.

I am in daily communication with the club and directors and I will make sure that we are all satisfied with an aim towards and end result.

Issues that we have and they think have gone away will be brought back up until it is finally put to bed.

Sorry I have posted this content in the charity thread.

Z

P.S. 'Both' was a true gentleman at the opening of Moss & Miller and it was a privilege to be there.

Well done sir.

How was CT's demeanour? Did he exude confidence, clarity and truthfulness?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#252 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 01 July 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well done sir.

How was CT's demeanour? Did he exude confidence, clarity and truthfulness?

The only confidence CT showed me was for the forthcoming season on the pitch.

I had very clear and truthful answers but I came away disappointed that he did not believe the club had done anything wrong with the delay in finalising the figures. I will admit there was no chance that anything could have been sorted in the first week due to other activities in the offices, but internal holidays was the excuse/reason for the delay, but must add that the lady concerned had sorted within 90 minutes after her return to work.
Although CT or the club had not apologised for the delay, I have received 2 messages of apology for the timescale.

Z

P.S. I know my messages may not please everybody, but do you have to hide behind the keyboard and dish out reds?

#253 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

I had very clear and truthful answers but I came away disappointed that he did not believe the club had done anything wrong with the delay in finalising the figures. I will admit there was no chance that anything could have been sorted in the first week due to other activities in the offices, but internal holidays was the excuse/reason for the delay, but must add that the lady concerned had sorted within 90 minutes after her return to work.
Although CT or the club had not apologised for the delay, I have received 2 messages of apology for the timescale.

Z

P.S. I know my messages may not please everybody, but do you have to hide behind the keyboard and dish out reds?

I'm afraid the red and green votes were the most pointless and annoying feature ever added to this board.

#254 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 01 July 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm afraid the red and green votes were the most pointless and annoying feature ever added to this board.

Possibly but a long way behind RPL
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#255 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Z

Thanks. Body language can be a good indicator.
No reds from me
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#256 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Let's be clear here.

1) Chris Turner is employed as the CEO of CFC 2001 Ltd. He is not a director of the business.

2) Chris Turner together with Liam Sutcliffe formed a business, CFC Football Development School Ltd on 17/10/12. As of today, records at Companies House show that both are still directors of the business.

3) Chris Turner together with Liam Sutcliffe formed another business, CFC International Football Academy Ltd on 21/01/16. Records at Companies House show that Turner resigned from the board on 26/05/16.

Turner might not be involved in the day to day running of the development schools, but he did choose his business partner. He's a director of the business and this sleeping partner rubbish never holds up. There are clear undertakings when an individual becomes a director of a business.

4) Turner's only involvement in the Trust is that he was recently appointed as a trustee.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 01 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

#257 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 July 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

Let's be clear here.

1) Chris Turner is employed as the CEO of CFC 2001 Ltd. He is not a director of the business.

2) Chris Turner together with Liam Sutcliffe formed a business, CFC Football Development School Ltd on 17/10/12. As of today, records at Companies House show that both are still directors of the business.

3) Chris Turner together with Liam Sutcliffe formed another business, CFC International Football Academy Ltd on 21/01/16. Records at Companies House show that Turner resigned from the board on 26/05/16.

Turner might not be involved in the day to day running of the development schools, but he did choose his business partner. He's a director of the business and this sleeping partner rubbish never holds up. There are clear undertakings when an individual becomes a director of a business.

4) Turner's only involvement in the Trust is that he was recently appointed as a trustee.

No one can argue with your summary Mike and CT is banged to rights through Companies House as a registered director and a resigned director. You choose to believe that CT chose LS, whereas I choose to believe LS approached CT and CT through naivety signed his name on documents to give the Development School some credibility.

You can't hang a guy for being a bad judge of character, as far as we may know, the venture was formed with the best interests of CFC at heart.

Having said that, I will do whatever I can to get to the bottom of it and hopefully please the fans, especially you.

Z

#258 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

Requesting a big 'Z' cut onto Chris Turner's shirt with a rapier at the end of all this please Zorro

#259 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

No one can argue with your summary Mike and CT is banged to rights through Companies House as a registered director and a resigned director. You choose to believe that CT chose LS, whereas I choose to believe LS approached CT and CT through naivety signed his name on documents to give the Development School some credibility.

You can't hang a guy for being a bad judge of character, as far as we may know, the venture was formed with the best interests of CFC at heart.

Having said that, I will do whatever I can to get to the bottom of it and hopefully please the fans, especially you.

Z

CT seems to me to have been hounded by being misled throughout his career in football administration. Wrong un's play on his naivety. Whilst I'm enormously grateful to you Zed for starting this process, I'm sorry to say I don't believe a word he says. I endorse your plan though, to try to get things resolved quickly so that the atmosphere at the Proact doesn't become toxic during matches.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#260 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

Z

First of all a big pat on the back for your efforts, 'Z'.

However it seems we're already seeing Turner's story unravel, in terms of his apparent denial of involvement with the Development School and the claim he's simply some naïve victim doing his best for the Club.

This is the same Chris Turner who was equally 'naive' when fronting a failed bid for Wednesday, spending months and an unknown amount of CFC money embracing Alnassar, doing the same with Bingham and peddling false excuses and platitudes to the media regarding PPP.

And of course there's nothing stopping Turner totally divorcing himself from his and Sutcliffe's enterprise or even demanding the former non league player's exit.

I'm more than happy to take part in another face-to-face but I fear it'll only end in yet more questions and contradictions than answers.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users