Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#1901 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 June 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

All the fans doing, eh? Nothing to do with the actions of 'the club'? I think you've got that bang the wrong way around.

Like everything that is microscopically scrutinised on here, apologies as it wasn't meant to be that way round, my point was we have a them & us situation, created by whoever anyone wants to blame and personally I think it is not healthy.

Z

"You've never had it so good!!!"

#1902 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostZorro, on 29 June 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Like everything that is microscopically scrutinised on here, apologies as it wasn't meant to be that way round, my point was we have a them & us situation, created by whoever anyone wants to blame and personally I think it is not healthy.

Z

It certainly isn't, a poisonous relationship that developed at Wednesday which seems to be going the same way in all respects............

Can someone find the olive branch...............

God I hate this league.

#1903 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostZorro, on 29 June 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Z

Z I agree it's not healthy and most of what you say. Good luck when you meet Turnipe you will need it! I firmly believe it's his and the other Sheff Lads fault that we have come to this. It's up to them to make the first move. I would listen and cut them some slack depending on what that first move was. Please let us know what happens when you meet him.
#notapennymore

#1904 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 29 June 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Z I agree it's not healthy and most of what you say. Good luck when you meet Turnipe you will need it! I firmly believe it's his and the other Sheff Lads fault that we have come to this. It's up to them to make the first move. I would listen and cut them some slack depending on what that first move was. Please let us know what happens when you meet him.

Zorro maybe a pseudonym to most Bobs Board members but is known by the CFC board.

I understand that the meeting with Team Ernie and CT has been cancelled due to events that unfolded late last night. I am sure Nikki or Sarah will respond to the Charity game as soon as they can but where a well organised & well supported fund raising event for a true CFC legend should have been followed by fantastic PR for both Team Ernie & CFC, sadly the Moss family were let down through lack of communication, and once again CFC did not come out smelling of roses.

Ashley Carson has also contacted me and is willing to be in attendance with any meeting I arrange with CT, so in answer to who makes the first move, Ashley has been following my comments and has offered to meet.

Z

#1905 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostZorro, on 29 June 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

Zorro maybe a pseudonym to most Bobs Board members but is known by the CFC board.

I understand that the meeting with Team Ernie and CT has been cancelled due to events that unfolded late last night. I am sure Nikki or Sarah will respond to the Charity game as soon as they can but where a well organised & well supported fund raising event for a true CFC legend should have been followed by fantastic PR for both Team Ernie & CFC, sadly the Moss family were let down through lack of communication, and once again CFC did not come out smelling of roses.

Ashley Carson has also contacted me and is willing to be in attendance with any meeting I arrange with CT, so in answer to who makes the first move, Ashley has been following my comments and has offered to meet.

Z

I find it quite amusing they don't trust Turnipe to meet you on his own he obviously needs some help! Seriously good luck let us all know how you get on and let's hope there is some positive news to come out of the meeting.
#notapennymore

#1906 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostZorro, on 29 June 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

Z

Hi Z.

Could you please ask them what the mechanism is for formally getting an item on the agenda for the AGM?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#1907 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 29 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

I find it quite amusing they don't trust Turnipe to meet you on his own he obviously needs some help! Seriously good luck let us all know how you get on and let's hope there is some positive news to come out of the meeting.

I find it quite amusing that you think I would need Ashley present in a meeting with CT

Z

#1908 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostZorro, on 29 June 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

I find it quite amusing that you think I would need Ashley present in a meeting with CT

Z

Tell me why you think it's funny?
#notapennymore

#1909 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Z

He's not saying you need him present he's saying that Turner needs him present! Probably to slap him when he says something stupid (again!)
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#1910 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Z

That isn't what he said ! - He finds the fact that AC has to 'babysit' Turner amusing

#1911 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Z

Ha sorry Z I misread! Don't let them off the hook!
#notapennymore

#1912 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

You're missing the point, neither have asked for the other to be present. CT will meet me anytime on his own and so will Ashley Carson.
I don't need to meet an audience of CFC members to ask direct questions. I do not have an agenda, I want answers to questions that I wish to ask.

Z

#1913 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

"Ashley Carson has also contacted me and is willing to be in attendance with any meeting I arrange with CT"

Sorry if I missed the point but your post above suggested to me that Carson wants to be there. I'm not sure who you are but clearly are able to have some dialogue with those running the club day to day. I hope you get satisfactory answers to your questions. Once again Good Luck!
#notapennymore

#1914 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

Can you ask Turner what level of incompetence his boss puts up with given the those who've left the club and those still employed?

#1915 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

I'd add my name to the list of those hoping our friend 'Z' can elicit some sort of 'truth and reconciliation' from the CEO and/or Ashley Carson.

But here's the problem.

An open minded Nigel Goodlad spent time in the company of Turner and Sutcliffe some months ago only to later discover much of what they'd asserted was inaccurate.

The pair have since made a number of statements which have proven contradictory and misleading.

Infact even Turner's claims relating to some sort of approval from the Oxford Academy failed to stand up to examination.

And of course we've witnessed a succession of parents, sponsors and employees - whom they accused of conspiring against PPP - challenge their version of events.

Isn't the Leeds based part of their enterprise now defunct, too?

So much for the 'business as usual/minor hiccups/easily recruit new staff' picture former non league player Sutcliffe attempted to paint.

Bottom line? I don't believe a word emanating from the directors of PPP or their faceless spokesman.

PS: I understand the Club, Turner himself or someone working on his behalf has threatened legal action against someone who's made comments on social media. That might not be such a bad thing. Because that 'someone's' brief can then not only demand access to both the CFC and PPP books - the whole books, but every communication and transaction associated with the case. If those figures were exposed to public scrutiny we might finally discover what the hell's been going on at our football club.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1916 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:22 PM

View PostZorro, on 29 June 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

You're missing the point, neither have asked for the other to be present. CT will meet me anytime on his own and so will Ashley Carson.
I don't need to meet an audience of CFC members to ask direct questions. I do not have an agenda, I want answers to questions that I wish to ask.

Z

I cannot see the fans being given any specific info on the business. Why would they leave themselves open to increased recriminations.

I can't see any bridges being built but at least you're tryin.

I admire your efforts but I fear you will only end up putting the fans concerns forward and maybe a bland statement from the club.

Good luck and thankyou in your endeavours.
God I hate this league.

#1917 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 30 June 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

I cannot see the fans being given any specific info on the business. Why would they leave themselves open to increased recriminations.

I can't see any bridges being built but at least you're tryin.

I admire your efforts but I fear you will only end up putting the fans concerns forward and maybe a bland statement from the club.

Good luck and thankyou in your endeavours.

I think you may be surprised Dave, the club don't want this as much as the fans.
I truly believe that there will be an outcome from all of this.

Z

#1918 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think you may be surprised Dave, the club don't want this as much as the fans.
I truly believe that there will be an outcome from all of this.

Z

An 'outcome', 'Z'?

The 'outcome' I believe most want to see is the questions asked at the very beginning of this whole sorry saga being fully answered.

Of course there's a very simple way of doing this: the two directors of PPP allowing scrutiny of their full, unedited accounts.

I know for a fact folk capable of undertaking such an exercise are ready and willing to do so.

Until then it'll always be their word against others'.

#1919 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 02 July 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

An 'outcome', 'Z'?

The 'outcome' I believe most want to see is the questions asked at the very beginning of this whole sorry saga being fully answered.

Of course there's a very simple way of doing this: the two directors of PPP allowing scrutiny of their full, unedited accounts.

I know for a fact folk capable of undertaking such an exercise are ready and willing to do so.

Until then it'll always be their word against others'.

we have learned one important fact from Zorro....

Zorro believes that CT was 'naive' in his dealings with LS and he presumably believes it because CT told him. So that's going to be CT's defence.

The key to this is not PPP's accounts, it's CFC's. IF they show that we have not made a loss and that 70% of our transfer income has been used to pay off debt, then people will tolerate (again) CT being naïve. Whether he has allegedly not pulled his weight or put his savings into PPP will be forgotten.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#1920 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

View Postdim view, on 02 July 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Whether he has allegedly not put his savings into PPP will be forgotten.

Don't agree, Dave.

Whilstever there's a suspicion money paid to such as Spire Lotto, for example, has found it's way into PPP accounts - and from there who knows where - I'm not prepared to spend a penny more at the Proact than necessary.

Of course Turner's stated that isn't the case and there's absolutely no evidence in the public domain disproving his assertion.

However given how accurate other claims have been I'm not prepared to take the chance.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users