• You cannot reply to this topic

Town V Torquay bbc radio devon

#41 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

View Postlindave, on 14 September 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Great to see Weston bounce back after last weeks fracas, my motm, made 2 mistakes whole game but his tackling and back tracking was awesome. The whole team especially the defence were awesone without the hinderence of Gerrard. Tom made a sound return and caused prblems and Scott was back to his predatory best. Shezza was in full voice today and back to his old self rollicking certain players, which has to be a good sigm that our season could be beginning to take a turn for the better.
Kop choir did a splendid job geeing up the crowd and we certainly played our part today. Hoppe shezza strengthens the side next week so that we can kickstart our promotion push.
Just seen our winner again on BT sport and they keep giving us a mention. Rectum and Sutton look shocking 0-0.

The crowd were my MOM - thought they were brilliant and I didn't hear any heckling. Even no jeers from behind me when Weir came on.

Weston had his best game in a town shirt that I can remember. Made a few mistakes but kept going all the game. Player wise, though, I'd choose Evans as MOM - he's had a poor start to the season but as captain today I thought he was very good.

Rowley might come in for criticism for not tackling but he never stopped and showed more creativity than Mandeville. Yarney, Maguire and Smith played their parts whilst Denton did well in the first 50 minutes but was dead on his feet after then, however, Fulop made sure their defence had no rest after coming on for Tom. Boden had his best game this season too.

So, a long way to go, but let's hope that getting the monkey off our back is the start of the big improvement required.

#42 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Agree, Evans was superb for the first time this season. Playing in his correct position and making some match saving tackles at the end. Harsh on Fondop not starting, but Denton got us higher up the pitch and brings the best out of Boden. Could see the difference when Fondop came on and we couldn’t keep it in their half.

#43 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:32 PM

View PostGoku, on 14 September 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

love to but ive not had an erection for 5 days

https://www.bing.com...1243E&FORM=VIRE
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#44 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:27 PM

Another aside to the match wasn't it good to see Coddington going through the motions of trying to waste time in the second half something we have seen opposition keepers do this season

Also when Boden was subbed and he slowly walked three quarters the width of the pitch to go off when the referee should have made him leave the pitch on the east stand side

One of the Torquay defenders was going mad at the referee as Boden slowly walked off

Its nice to have the boot on the other foot for once long may it continue

#45 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

View Postwhittman, on 14 September 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

Another aside to the match wasn't it good to see Coddington going through the motions of trying to waste time in the second half something we have seen opposition keepers do this season

Also when Boden was subbed and he slowly walked three quarters the width of the pitch to go off when the referee should have made him leave the pitch on the east stand side

One of the Torquay defenders was going mad at the referee as Boden slowly walked off

Its nice to have the boot on the other foot for once long may it continue

Sorry to be a minority of one, as usual, but I hate time wasting,and it isn't any more acceptable when we do it. I'd rather we won fair and square, and the referee stamped some authority on the game.

The defence grew in confidence throughout the game and ended up as just about adequate. The way Loz decked their left winger, and took the ball as well was worth the price of admission - one of the best tackles I've seen for years.

This post has been edited by h again: 14 September 2019 - 07:01 PM

#46 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

View Posth again, on 14 September 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Sorry to be a minority of one, as usual, but I hate time wasting,and it isn't any more acceptable when we do it. I'd rather we won fair and square, and the referee stamped some authority on the game.

Wake up. Were non league and we have to be street smart. Other teams do it, it's called seeing the game out. I've just watched Man City lose to a Norwich team that was trying to time waste so why shouldn't we?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#47 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

The defence grew in confidence throughout the game and ended up as just about adequate. The way Loz decked their left winger, and took the ball as well was worth the price of admission - one of the best tackles I've seen for years.

We did win fair and square, soft lad

#48 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:09 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 14 September 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Agree, Evans was superb for the first time this season. Playing in his correct position and making some match saving tackles at the end. Harsh on Fondop not starting, but Denton got us higher up the pitch and brings the best out of Boden. Could see the difference when Fondop came on and we couldn’t keep it in their half.

Yes but we ought to work on getting a midfield that gets us higher up the field

#49 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:12 PM

So taking your point to the extreme we keep playing to marquis of queensbury rules fail to win matches and finally get relegated

What planet are you on

#50 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

Just listened to Shez's after match interview and he pretty much confirms what is being said on these boards.

However, he mentioned he thought we should have had a nailed on penalty in the second half. The only one I can think of was when Rowley went down in the box. Can anybody throw any light on Shez's claim?

Considering how brilliant the crowd were today is it not a little disappointing that these boards get behind the team when they win with 3 pages of posts yet when we lose it can get to around 10 pages worth?

This post has been edited by dtp: 14 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

#51 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:12 PM

View Postdtp, on 14 September 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

Considering how brilliant the crowd were today is it not a little disappointing that these boards get behind the team when they win with 3 pages of posts yet when we lose it can get to around 10 pages worth?

This is our first win in eleven games, when we win, I dunno around seven in a row then I'd say it's fair to compare.

#52 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

<br />Just listened to Shez's after match interview and he pretty much confirms what is being said on these boards.<br /><br />However, he mentioned he thought we should have had a bailed on penalty in the second half. The only one I can think of was when Rowley went down in the box. Can anybody throw any light on Shez's claim?<br /><br />Considering how brilliant the crowd were today is it not a little disappointing that these boards get behind the team when they win with 3 pages of posts yet when we lose it can get to around 10 pages worth?<br />
<br /><br /><br />
Yes I thought we should have had a penalty when Rowley was brought down
I also thought the referee was too whistle happy
Have passport will travel

#53 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

How about responding in a "fair and square" manner on the Sheridan out thread when some of your points have been completely proven wrong and you haven't had the decency to hold your hands up?
East stand second class citizen.

#54 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

For the first time this season they actually put in a real shift today and worked for each other and deserved the victory the return of Denton seemed to lift everyone he is actually a bit of a cult figure here now

So in the interest of fairness

Well played lads 👍

#55 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

View Postdtp, on 14 September 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

The crowd were my MOM - thought they were brilliant and I didn't hear any heckling. Even no jeers from behind me when Weir came on.

Weston had his best game in a town shirt that I can remember. Made a few mistakes but kept going all the game. Player wise, though, I'd choose Evans as MOM - he's had a poor start to the season but as captain today I thought he was very good.

Rowley might come in for criticism for not tackling but he never stopped and showed more creativity than Mandeville. Yarney, Maguire and Smith played their parts whilst Denton did well in the first 50 minutes but was dead on his feet after then, however, Fulop made sure their defence had no rest after coming on for Tom. Boden had his best game this season too.

So, a long way to go, but let's hope that getting the monkey off our back is the start of the big improvement required.

The thing with Weston is though, that he can have a great game one week and be rubbish the following week. Consistency is a problem for him.

#56 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

He didn't really have a great game, a decent game but not a great game. And I can't remember many if any great performances, maybe they were in away games

#57 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:00 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 14 September 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

He didn't really have a great game, a decent game but not a great game. And I can't remember many if any great performances, maybe they were in away games

That's 'cos you don't observe his defensive work, which often takes place well away from the ball.

One thing I'd question after today is Mandeville's fitness. He was dead on his feet in the ten minutes prior to his substitution. I'm concerned that his lack of stamina is the real reason why he failed to make the grade in the league. Let's hope it is a barrier that he can overcome.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#58 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:01 AM

100 % better today. The effort was there for the whole of the match which is all I ask. Weston deservedly got MOM and got a great reception in the lounge.

#59 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:04 AM

View PostRudeboy spireite, on 14 September 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Yes a win

Where are you sat now?

#60 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:12 AM

Just listened to Shez's after match interview and he pretty much confirms what is being said on these boards.

However, he mentioned he thought we should have had a nailed on penalty in the second half. The only one I can think of was when Rowley went down in the box. Can anybody throw any light on Shez's claim?

Amazingly the ref’s assessor when challenged after the game informed us that he didn’t need to see a video the Rowley trip was a pen.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users