• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wtf

#1 User is offline   spi1985 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

The side that started vs Sheffield utd is by far our best side and system, maybe clucus for Roberts on current form, so what the eff is he doing.
Forget the past, managers are judged on current performances, like many posts have already said, win or lose our attacking mentality is enjoyable to watch, the last 30 minutes at Doncaster was the most entertainment I've had at a football match for a long time, and although we lost I felt I'd got my money's worth, today I felt robbed, it felt like a mid table league 2 clash, we will not play a worse side all year and we never threatened once.
Cast our minds back to last year after Mansfield beat us and cook hit the panic button changing the side and system every week,we struggled and got 3 points out of 18. Luckily we was in an unbelievably hopeless league, if this starts happening in this division I'm afraid the bottom 4 will be swallowing us up.

And before all you die hard optimists start, no I don't want cook sacked, no I don't think wholesale changes are needed etc etc I'm just effed off that we have a cracking opportunity to fight for a play off spot for the first time in 7/8 years and Cooks going to eff it up tinkering again.

Today was horrific!

#2 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

No problem with your post at all. I agree with the majority of it.

#3 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

View Postspi1985, on 25 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

The side that started vs Sheffield utd is by far our best side and system, maybe clucus for Roberts on current form, so what the eff is he doing.
Forget the past, managers are judged on current performances, like many posts have already said, win or lose our attacking mentality is enjoyable to watch, the last 30 minutes at Doncaster was the most entertainment I've had at a football match for a long time, and although we lost I felt I'd got my money's worth, today I felt robbed, it felt like a mid table league 2 clash, we will not play a worse side all year and we never threatened once.
Cast our minds back to last year after Mansfield beat us and cook hit the panic button changing the side and system every week,we struggled and got 3 points out of 18. Luckily we was in an unbelievably hopeless league, if this starts happening in this division I'm afraid the bottom 4 will be swallowing us up.

And before all you die hard optimists start, no I don't want cook sacked, no I don't think wholesale changes are needed etc etc I'm just effed off that we have a cracking opportunity to fight for a play off spot for the first time in 7/8 years and Cooks going to eff it up tinkering again.

Today was horrific!

Spot on.

#4 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

Today was horrific!

Can't argue much with that.
lindave

#5 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Today was horrific!

Agree with most of this. Today was my first game of the season and I was really looking forward to our free flowing attacking football but it never happened. Horrific is a bit harsh as I thought we deserved a point overall. Clucas header and volley first half and Roberts chance at the death were all good chances that probably should have been taken.

#6 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Today was horrific!

We had enough chances first half and, if we had gone ahead, we would probably have gone on to enjoy a comfortable away win. The gulf in passing and movement between us and walsall was massive to say the least. The game was more even in the second half and it looked like we would end up with a comfortable point, so it was a major shock when walsall scored. I need to see film of the goal as I want sure at the time who was at fault. It may not have been Evatt but he gives me real cause for concern. The goal gave them a lift and for five minutes or so they looked like they might actually score again! But instead they settled for time wasting to see the game out. Gobern had a good game, a player to bring on when you want to see out a game but maybe not such a good choice to start a game you fancy you will win. It was, as others have remarked, a complete nonsense not to play Johnson.
The worst side I have seen this season is Rochdale, and they are flying. Funny old game. Good support from the thousand on the away end.

#7 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

We aren't a play-off team, we weren't at the start of the season, we weren't after 8 games and we still aren't now
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#8 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

He's only 'tinkering' because we are in the middle of a poor run.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#9 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 25 October 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

We aren't a play-off team, we weren't at the start of the season, we weren't after 8 games and we still aren't now

I'd disagree - we looked every inch a play off team at the start of the season. In fact we looked every inch a play off team up to and including Sheff Utd. In fact there have only been Oldham and MK Dons who have looked anything like as good a footballing side as we were.
I thought the team that turned out agaisnt the urinals was about as balanced as it gets. Jay looked better than he has and had an assist in the first goal. Unfortunately he was bound to go off when Tommy Lee was dismissed but for me I would have started exactly the same side at Bristol. Now - we didn't really deserve to lose at Bristol but I was surprised Cook changed the team. I seem to remember him going on at length about players playing for their shirt, players might well be excused for not believing that anymore.
I like Cook - I like his approach and the way he plays football. But to be honest I much prefer walking out of the ground saying, "We played well today and should have had 6 rather than losing 1-0." To walking out of the ground thinking - "Well that was a right pile of cack! - why did I bother!"
Give me football any day of the week. I've seen enough dross to last me more than one life time

#10 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

Look at the teams we have in this league and we have a mid range budget if we finish mid table isn't that good. I am a little concerned we do not get pulled into the struggle at the bottom because I am not sure we have a team of fighters. Our own sucess early on probably got us sussed Doyle scoring got him noticed and now teams are aware of him. This points to teams doing their homework on us. Seems to me we havent got a plan B and squad depth to worry anyone. Lee isnt really covered Evatt and Pizza have no further cover who covers Right back Doyle similarly if he goes off where pretty stuffed. Cook needs to get them to regroup and start playing the way we can. Would anyone seriously think midtable finish wouldnt be good?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#11 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostRadders, on 26 October 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

I'd disagree - we looked every inch a play off team at the start of the season. In fact we looked every inch a play off team up to and including Sheff Utd. In fact there have only been Oldham and MK Dons who have looked anything like as good a footballing side as we were.
I thought the team that turned out agaisnt the urinals was about as balanced as it gets. Jay looked better than he has and had an assist in the first goal. Unfortunately he was bound to go off when Tommy Lee was dismissed but for me I would have started exactly the same side at Bristol. Now - we didn't really deserve to lose at Bristol but I was surprised Cook changed the team. I seem to remember him going on at length about players playing for their shirt, players might well be excused for not believing that anymore.
I like Cook - I like his approach and the way he plays football. But to be honest I much prefer walking out of the ground saying, "We played well today and should have had 6 rather than losing 1-0." To walking out of the ground thinking - "Well that was a right pile of cack! - why did I bother!"
Give me football any day of the week. I've seen enough dross to last me more than one life time

The goals against column and lack of clean sheets has been an issue all season and it's why I say we're not a play-off team.

I agree about entertainment but there is a glass ceiling when you have a poor defensive record
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#12 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostRadders, on 26 October 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

I agree with this. Up to the beginning of this week we have looked every inch a play-off team. It's been terrific football something to be proud of. The last thirty minutes at Preston was some of the best football I have seen from a Chesterfield side for years. I'm just concerned Cook is going to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

#13 User is offline   The informer 

• Mr Grumpy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc, West Ham fc,

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 26 October 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Look at the teams we have in this league and we have a mid range budget if we finish mid table isn't that good. I am a little concerned we do not get pulled into the struggle at the bottom because I am not sure we have a team of fighters. Our own sucess early on probably got us sussed Doyle scoring got him noticed and now teams are aware of him. This points to teams doing their homework on us. Seems to me we havent got a plan B and squad depth to worry anyone. Lee isnt really covered Evatt and Pizza have no further cover who covers Right back Doyle similarly if he goes off where pretty stuffed. Cook needs to get them to regroup and start playing the way we can. Would anyone seriously think midtable finish wouldnt be good?
Perhaps Doyle thinks there is no one to challenge his position since Nandy went out on loan and therefore no need to put as much effort in, the solution to this would be to put him on the bench and play Clucas as our striker.

#14 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostThe informer, on 26 October 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Perhaps Doyle thinks there is no one to challenge his position since Nandy went out on loan and therefore no need to put as much effort in, the solution to this would be to put him on the bench and play Clucas as our striker.

Doyle's not been getting the service since Johnson was benched. Against Oldham he was fantastic and a contender for motm. So in summary two average away performances were the team has looked average at best (and our two worst showings as a team of the season) and no Johnson (seems a bit of a coincidence if you ask me).

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 26 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

#notapennymore

#15 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostThe informer, on 26 October 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Is this a joke ?

#16 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

View Postboot, on 26 October 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

Is this a joke ?

It is in my book, but sadly not!
#notapennymore

#17 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 26 October 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

The goals against column and lack of clean sheets has been an issue all season and it's why I say we're not a play-off team.

I agree about entertainment but there is a glass ceiling when you have a poor defensive record

Spot on and this is backed up on another thread as to how Notts County are third. Generally, they don't concede goals and are defensively tight and organised. No flash football and might be difficult to watch but if you don't concede many you don't lose many. Not sure if I would want to see it week in week out but they are third and we are faltering somewhat.

#18 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 26 October 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Spot on and this is backed up on another thread as to how Notts County are third. Generally, they don't concede goals and are defensively tight and organised. No flash football and might be difficult to watch but if you don't concede many you don't lose many. Not sure if I would want to see it week in week out but they are third and we are faltering somewhat.

Losing 1-0 is the same as losing 3-2 in my book. Well not really, the latter is a likely to be a lot more entertaining.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users