Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Roberts Hamstring - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roberts Hamstring

#21 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 October 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Morsy has had a running coach to change the way he runs

Not exactly. There's a guy chases him with a meat cleaver. Not very scientific but quite effective.

#22 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

How did he look today?
Don't know full extent of his injury but surely wasn't necessary to take him-a further weeks rest and rehab would have perhaps been a better long term thing?

#23 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

Wasn't on for long so can't really say. Missed our best chance of the match, one-on-one with the keeper in the last minute and snatched at it horribly, must've put it five yards wide.

#24 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostGoku, on 25 October 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Wasn't on for long so can't really say. Missed our best chance of the match, one-on-one with the keeper in the last minute and snatched at it horribly, must've put it five yards wide.

:unsure: Well perhaps not quite 5 yards.Had more time than he thought and all he had to do was hit the target. :blink:
Many a good tune

#25 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

Harping back to hamstring injuries (my favourite topic)!

Interesting events at Everton in the last week.

Martinez is a qualified physio and has always said that soft tissue injuries shouldn't really happen nowadays in football (as has Mourinho also).
He was horrified to see that in last 18 months Everton have had 20 instances of hamstring strains! He has caused some conflict by getting rid of the medical staff and conditioning coaches!

#26 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 12 January 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

Martinez is a qualified physio and has always said that soft tissue injuries shouldn't really happen nowadays in football (as has Mourinho also).
He was horrified to see that in last 18 months Everton have had 20 instances of hamstring strains! He has caused some conflict by getting rid of the medical staff and conditioning coaches!

Ok did anyone else s@@t it when they saw this thread lol or was it just me :lol:

#27 User is offline   The Rev. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Writer; Football: Boxing: Supporting the Spireites.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 13 January 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

Ok did anyone else s@@t it when they saw this thread lol or was it just me :lol:

No PC, you are not alone :blush:

#28 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

Can we expect no more hamstring strains at Everton then? It will be interesting to see what happens in the next six months.

#29 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

Roberts, and the team in general seem to be getting a lot less hamstring strains. Results of a new fitness/conditioning regime?
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#30 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

I know that at least one of them has been using a running coach.

#31 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 13 January 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

I know that at least one of them has been using a running coach.

Samy Morsy is someone said.

#32 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 13 January 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Samy Morsy is someone said.

Yep, there was a story on the club website about how Morsy off his own back found and used the running coach. Be interesting to know whether the club have used him in a wider capacity since. Going along the same lines as Dave Brailsfords "Marginal Gains" thing that he used with British Cycling and Team Sky something like that would be useful.

#33 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 13 January 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

No, I swore. Damn you CPS.

#34 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

This is an occasion when dragging up an old thread is *not* right :)

#35 User is offline   jr1cfc 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

CPS My son who is 13 has just said after Sunday's game that his left hamstring hurts when he walks, he did tear his right hamstring last year and Cfc physio looked after him but I can't for the life of me remember what the early stage treatment was
Before he couldn't bend his leg and he was eventually out for about 3 months this time he said it doesn't hurt when he bends it so hoping it's not as bad as before and just need resting as he's got some big games coming up
Would an ice bath help?

#36 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

View Postjr1cfc, on 13 January 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

CPS My son who is 13 has just said after Sunday's game that his left hamstring hurts when he walks, he did tear his right hamstring last year and Cfc physio looked after him but I can't for the life of me remember what the early stage treatment was
Before he couldn't bend his leg and he was eventually out for about 3 months this time he said it doesn't hurt when he bends it so hoping it's not as bad as before and just need resting as he's got some big games coming up
Would an ice bath help?

An ice bath would always help after a game if he gets sore or achey a day or 2 after.

The last injury is more concerning though-at 13 hamstring injuries aren't common (the muscles at that age have more natural elasticity and are less liable to tear). Knee problems are a lot more common at that age in boys.
3 months is a very long time out for a hamstring injury! Possible misdiagnosis - bending the leg isn't always a problem with hammies-straightening it can be as it stretches the muscles.(if that makes sense). Is he a big lad /big quads?

View Postjack, on 13 January 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

No, I swore. Damn you CPS.

Sorry People's Champ and Jack! 🙌
(Was reading about it and thought may be of a little interest to someone)

#37 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 13 January 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

An ice bath would always help after a game if he gets sore or achey a day or 2 after.

The last injury is more concerning though-at 13 hamstring injuries aren't common (the muscles at that age have more natural elasticity and are less liable to tear). Knee problems are a lot more common at that age in boys.
3 months is a very long time out for a hamstring injury! Possible misdiagnosis - bending the leg isn't always a problem with hammies-straightening it can be as it stretches the muscles.(if that makes sense). Is he a big lad /big quads?

I remember my knees being a nightmare around that age! Osgood-Schlatter Disease used to cripple me! Knees have never been brilliant since.

#38 User is offline   jr1cfc 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:10 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 13 January 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

He was only 12 at the time, Think it was only 3 months as he tried to play in a cup final and that set him back again
He has grown loads in the last 9 months ie from 5.5 boots to now needing size 10 and we thought that might have had something to do with it he is also very quick and as soon as he did it I thought of Jamie ward
Just a bit worried that he will make it worse if he plays this weekend as not sure if he's torn it or wether it's just tight
Once they have repaired are they stronger than before?although this is his other leg this time

He was only 12 at the time, Think it was only 3 months as he tried to play in a cup final and that set him back again
He has grown loads in the last 9 months ie from 5.5 boots to now needing size 10 and we thought that might have had something to do with it he is also very quick and as soon as he did it I thought of Jamie ward
Just a bit worried that he will make it worse if he plays this weekend as not sure if he's torn it or wether it's just tight
Once they have repaired are they stronger than before?although this is his other leg this time

#39 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

View Postjr1cfc, on 13 January 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Wow that's some growth (and would almost certainly have something to do with it)-if his foot size growth is similar to his height growth then there is a big extra strain on the muscles -particularly the longer muscles like hammies/quads/calf muscles.
Hopefully wont be torn at all but you will know better if its what's called DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness)- the ache we all get the day or 2 after exercise.
What he will ned to do is afte a match and training cool down sufficiently (something most of us could do better) and do more stretching after (called developmental stretching).

Once a muscle has had a tear it will always be weaker -certainly not stronger. The muscle repairs itself in the quickest way possible-this results in scar tissue. That's why massage is important in rehab-to reduce the scar tissue and 'straighten' out the fibres in the direction they should be.
After today and a cold bath test him out tomorrow on grass with a very gentle jog and some light stretching (once warm)

#40 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 13 January 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Wow that's some growth (and would almost certainly have something to do with it)-if his foot size growth is similar to his height growth then there is a big extra strain on the muscles -particularly the longer muscles like hammies/quads/calf muscles.
Hopefully wont be torn at all but you will know better if its what's called DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness)- the ache we all get the day or 2 after exercise.
What he will ned to do is afte a match and training cool down sufficiently (something most of us could do better) and do more stretching after (called developmental stretching).

Once a muscle has had a tear it will always be weaker -certainly not stronger. The muscle repairs itself in the quickest way possible-this results in scar tissue. That's why massage is important in rehab-to reduce the scar tissue and 'straighten' out the fibres in the direction they should be.
After today and a cold bath test him out tomorrow on grass with a very gentle jog and some light stretching (once warm)

what are your thoughts on foam rolling for leg/lower back DOMS? Seeing as this is now the "ask CPS" thread. Worth a purchase?

This post has been edited by Goku: 13 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users