Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Interest In Morsy - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interest In Morsy

#21 User is online   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

View Postmoondog, on 16 October 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

What gives the rumour legs is Slade who will know about Morsy, he'd need to be planning now for a budgeted January transfer spree

He could sign him on a 93 day loan with a view to a permanent.

I'm Sami's biggest fan, but I'm fed up of hearing DA whinge on about the debt, so let's bite the bullet if they can match our valuation. Also, after seeing his performance at Doncaster, I think we already have a budding replacement in the camp - Ollie Banks.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

I don't think you can swap Morsy for Banks. Completely different players for me.

#23 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Banks doesn't have the tackling ability, aggression or power to replace morsy.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#24 User is online   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 16 October 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I don't think you can swap Morsy for Banks. Completely different players for me.

Absolutely. Remember when first came, and PC played him there, he was awful.
The same can be said about Johnson when he was played there too.
Put em both 30 yard up the pitch, and that's where they are really effective.
Ryan and Morsy work so well together, when they are separated for whatever reason ( Huddersfield game!) it doesn't work!
Either would take some real replacing.
I suppose it depends how badly DA wants Championship football, coz we won't get there without this type of quality.

#25 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 16 October 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I thought the same until I saw the Doncaster performance.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#26 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Why does everyone think Morsy will pack his bags and leave if we get offered money? I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I can't see anyone leaving until the end of the season. Morsy has stated that he wanted at least another season in this division before he started to look elsewhere and Doyle is scoring goals so he is in no hurry. We don't really have to sell just yet - if this set of players got us to the play offs imagine their worth then - and that in itself would take a chunk off the debt.
Keep them all together, I'm sure that was why Cook did it in the first place - he knew he had some talent on his hands and knew they could go places

#27 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

I actually think that if we are still in and around the play offs come Jan we will strengthen rather than look to sell. DA will know we probably won't get a much better chance than building on current momentum.

If we somehow did get promoted where would that put us in the Championship in 5 years timetable?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#28 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostRadders, on 16 October 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Why does everyone think Morsy will pack his bags and leave if we get offered money? I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I can't see anyone leaving until the end of the season. Morsy has stated that he wanted at least another season in this division before he started to look elsewhere and Doyle is scoring goals so he is in no hurry. We don't really have to sell just yet - if this set of players got us to the play offs imagine their worth then - and that in itself would take a chunk off the debt.
Keep them all together, I'm sure that was why Cook did it in the first place - he knew he had some talent on his hands and knew they could go places

If someone offered you more money to do the same job somewhere else I'm sure you would leave.

At the end of the day that's the same situation for any footballer and i wouldn't blame him...

#29 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 16 October 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

Glass half full again, I see

Again? When people were widely tipping us for relegation before a ball was kicked I was one of the few forecasting better but if we lost both those 2 from our midfield and you don't think tgat would have a significant impact then I don't know what you have been watching.

#30 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

View Postplannerj, on 16 October 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

Sleep deprivation is a real problem! Have you tried counting sheep?

Debts have to be collected, doors have to be knocked on and people are usually in at strange hours.

#31 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

I'd be gutted if we sold Morsy for less than Cooper. He's not as easily replaced.

If someone wants him then I hope we make them spend big.

We are simply not the same player without him in the side.
Up the Blues

#32 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

Morsy is a better player than Cooper and on observations from L1 this season will easily make the step up to the Championship as a holding or box to box midfielder.

In Cooper the jury is out (not a regular starter for Leeds and may have to drop down again before he matures fully as a player).

I would hope for at least double what we got for Cooper, and think £1.5M would be a fair price.

#33 User is online   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 16 October 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Morsy is a better player than Cooper and on observations from L1 this season will easily make the step up to the Championship as a holding or box to box midfielder.

In Cooper the jury is out (not a regular starter for Leeds and may have to drop down again before he matures fully as a player).

I would hope for at least double what we got for Cooper, and think £1.5M would be a fair price.

I'd like us to put a cheeky loan offer in for cooper until the end of the season at some point
Here we go again!

#34 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 16 October 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

If you wanted double what we got for Cooper you're asking for 2mil ;)

#35 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostGoku, on 16 October 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

If you wanted double what we got for Cooper you're asking for 2mil ;)

Between 500k and 750k widely quoted (600k on Soccerbase) but i'll take your word for it!

So I either want more than double, or less (according to you).

#36 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 16 October 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

I think there will be some very disappointed people when we sell him. We'll probably accept an offer similar in size to that in the cooper deal.

Johnson goes back December, Morsy will probably go January and suddenly we might start to struggle. We need to get near that 50 points sooner rather than later

£1,000,000 for any of our players is a lot of money. Talk of £3,000,000 is daft. If we had offers of £1,000,000 each for Doyle and Morsy then both would go. And we go to next season with a reduced debt and a half decent players budget.
A new hope.

#37 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 16 October 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

I think there will be some very disappointed people when we sell him. We'll probably accept an offer similar in size to that in the cooper deal.

Johnson goes back December, Morsy will probably go January and suddenly we might start to struggle. We need to get near that 50 points sooner rather than later

If we accept 750k in Jan for morsy you won't see me at the proact for a long time I will spit the dummy out big time it takes a lifetime to find players like these you have to maximise your income by selling them for top dollar 2.5 million if they want him.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#38 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostRadders, on 16 October 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Imagine being Morsy, and your agent says Cardiff are in for you, and I can get you £15,000 a week plus win bonus and goals bonus of £2,000 and a promotion bonus of £500,000. Would you decide to stay in L1 for another 5 months to get experience?
A new hope.

#39 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 16 October 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

£1,000,000 for any of our players is a lot of money. Talk of £3,000,000 is daft. If we had offers of £1,000,000 each for Doyle and Morsy then both would go. And we go to next season with a reduced debt and a half decent players budget.

It's not daft why should the likes of Peterborough sell players for 5 million stop having a small town attitude morsy is our biggest asset as he is turning into a proper midfielder he will only get better.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#40 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

View Postbonnyman, on 16 October 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

If we accept 750k in Jan for morsy you won't see me at the proact for a long time I will spit the dummy out big time it takes a lifetime to find players like these you have to maximise your income by selling them for top dollar 2.5 million if they want him.

not a chance we would get £2,500,000 for him
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users