Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Has The Well Run Dry? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has The Well Run Dry?

#1 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:13 PM

Roundabout this time, in the lead up to the season opener, we see a signing or two - often a loanee. As there's been little or no 'chatter' on the subject of incomings, can we assume that our finances have bottomed out? We go with what we've got.

#2 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:25 PM

View Posthardgums, on 29 September 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

Roundabout this time, in the lead up to the season opener, we see a signing or two - often a loanee. As there's been little or no 'chatter' on the subject of incomings, can we assume that our finances have bottomed out? We go with what we've got.

Do you really need to ask?

#3 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:34 PM

View Posthardgums, on 29 September 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

You appear not to have noticed that Uncle Dave (and his wallet) have gone. No matchday spectators = no income.

#4 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:41 PM

I’d be happy if the club survives financially at the end of the season. We just don’t have the funding to be able to compete with Notts County, Stockport and Hartlepool of this division.

Fingers crossed it’s not third time unlucky in this division.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#5 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:02 PM

Yes the wells run dry and the tin is empty .

#6 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:16 PM

Was there ever a well?

#7 User is offline   spireite nick 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:50 PM

Genuinely shocked that anyone thinks there might be money put aside for new incomings.

We have lost the vast majority of our income with no confirmation of when it may return. How on earth could we be considering committing to further expenses when we've got no idea how we're going to pay the squad we currently have.

#8 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:02 PM

View Postspireite nick, on 29 September 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

Genuinely shocked that anyone thinks there might be money put aside for new incomings.

We have lost the vast majority of our income with no confirmation of when it may return. How on earth could we be considering committing to further expenses when we've got no idea how we're going to pay the squad we currently have.

Well said.

I would like to think they manage their own finances differently, but I doubt it.

This post has been edited by Blue5: 29 September 2020 - 08:03 PM

#9 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

The club has no match day income for the foreseeable future and people are still asking if we’re going to be making any signings.

There is no hope for some. This isn’t football manager. This is a business in the middle of a global pandemic precariously close to the edge of going bust, like many other clubs.

If we go with what we’ve got and make it to the end of the season we’ll do a lot better than some clubs. Hard to see there being 24 clubs in the league come the end of the season unless something changes
Up the Blues

#10 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:31 PM

View PostDMU Blue, on 29 September 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

The club has no match day income for the foreseeable future and people are still asking if we’re going to be making any signings.

There is no hope for some. This isn’t football manager. This is a business in the middle of a global pandemic precariously close to the edge of going bust, like many other clubs.

If we go with what we’ve got and make it to the end of the season we’ll do a lot better than some clubs. Hard to see there being 24 clubs in the league come the end of the season unless something changes

There only 23 today.

#11 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 29 September 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

There only 23 today.

So I thought but Macclesfield's games have seemingly only been postponed as it stands!

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 29 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

#12 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:40 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 29 September 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

So I thought but Macclesfield's games have seemingly only been postponed as it stands!

First 3 games postponed but they will officially be gone on the 12th - or so I've read.

Edit: just seen other thread to confirm.

I will be surprised if anyone gets relegated unless the league gets the £20million it needs

This post has been edited by Trigger: 30 September 2020 - 04:43 AM

Here we go again!

#13 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:13 AM

Exactly that. It doesn't necessarily matter where we finish if other clubs go bust, we just need to survive. That goes for us fans too.

#14 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:29 AM

View PostTrigger, on 30 September 2020 - 04:40 AM, said:

First 3 games postponed but they will officially be gone on the 12th - or so I've read.

Edit: just seen other thread to confirm.

I will be surprised if anyone gets relegated unless the league gets the £20million it needs

Some reports saying a government support deal has been agreed, but no full details as yet.
Talking of Macclesfield, I see they signed six new players in September.

#15 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:59 AM

View Postspireite nick, on 29 September 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

Exactly. Same people moaning about lack of signings probably be same people asking why we are still losing money when the accounts come out next year.

I do however think there is an argument that the budget we do have hasn't been spent as wisely as it could.

Fingers crossed some of the local FL/PL side fancy doing us a favour for free!! If we are hosting ShefF U23's the very least we should ask is for a couple of decent youngsters

#16 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:50 AM

So new season and same players (pretty much)

Either Pembo needs to be a much much better manager than Sheridan (I think he is - he finished last season well-but so did Sheridan the previous season),

The opposition needs to be substantially worse (who knows)

Or we need to have improved skills massively (not likely) or become much fitter And faster individually (Possible).

With a small squad avoiding injuries is a must this year and hopefully they have addressed this in pre season this time

#17 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:05 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 30 September 2020 - 07:50 AM, said:

So new season and same players (pretty much)

Either Pembo needs to be a much much better manager than Sheridan (I think he is - he finished last season well-but so did Sheridan the previous season),

The opposition needs to be substantially worse (who knows)

Or we need to have improved skills massively (not likely) or become much fitter And faster individually (Possible).

With a small squad avoiding injuries is a must this year and hopefully they have addressed this in pre season this time

Were playing Saturday/Tuesday pretty much throughout too so we need to be fit.

#18 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:06 AM

View PostCFC91, on 30 September 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

Exactly. Same people moaning about lack of signings probably be same people asking why we are still losing money when the accounts come out next year.

I do however think there is an argument that the budget we do have hasn't been spent as wisely as it could.

Fingers crossed some of the local FL/PL side fancy doing us a favour for free!! If we are hosting ShefF U23's the very least we should ask is for a couple of decent youngsters

This. Oh, and nobody (certainly not me) is moaning about a 'lack' of signings. Simple question - has the well run dry? Simple answer - yes!

#19 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

View Posthardgums, on 30 September 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

This. Oh, and nobody (certainly not me) is moaning about a 'lack' of signings. Simple question - has the well run dry? Simple answer - yes!

Wel and truly it has. Mine Goodwin said at the Q&A there was budget for one signings, a LWB I think

You could argue we still need a CB and Striker though - but we’ve squandered that money on last years failures

#20 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:02 PM

View PostCFC91, on 30 September 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

A good question for the Q and A tonight i think. ' Bearing in mind we host their U 23s can we have a couple of freebies please ? '

This post has been edited by Bowzer spirey: 30 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users