Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Streaming Confirmed - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Streaming Confirmed

#21 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:16 AM

Suggestion to Wealdstone (and ourselves ahead of a week on Tuesday): run some kind of test event/replay of an old game or summat one night this week, so we can all make sure we can get it working on whatever device we’re planning to use.

That way we can resolve any issues before the live event. Speaking from experience when I sometimes used to use a foreign vpn to fool ifollow into thinking I was in Holland so I could watch some of our away games when we were in league 2, there’s nothing worse than faffing about at 2.55 on a Saturday and coming up against all sorts of technical issues then missing the first 20 minutes.

With the ifollow service it was never possible to mirror it to your big tv screen, you had to watch it on iPad or iPhone, hope with this though that provided you have a smart tv you can just put it directly on the tv by accessing the cfc website, provided you have a browser.

This would be something worth checking for everyone as some of the older smart TVs never had browsers for general internet use, they just had the apps like YouTube etc

This post has been edited by PontePete: 27 September 2020 - 10:19 AM

Hater of all things Scab!

#22 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 September 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

It's probably a bit early to ask this but does "streaming" only mean you can watch it on a tablet, pic, phone etc or can u watch on an internet connected TV.?

As said you can cast it with a modern TV and right computer or just connect an HDMI cable if your devices have them

If you have a Smart TV with a web browser and it is connected to the internet you should just be able to use that in the normal way. Never tried it because you wouldhave to enter details with your remote control rather than a keyboard. Might try it beforehand.

Whether it will look good on a big TV is another consideration if the stream is low definition
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#23 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:23 AM

View Postazul, on 27 September 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

Sounds like it is down to the club and hopefully no third party to skim a percentage of the revenue

Wonder if they'll be commentary or an attempt to synch the dulced tones of Elastic FM

£10 a game ‘au naturale’ sound.
£8 a game for Big Al.

#24 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:32 AM

View PostPontePete, on 27 September 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

Suggestion to Wealdstone (and ourselves ahead of a week on Tuesday): run some kind of test event/replay of an old game or summat one night this week, so we can all make sure we can get it working on whatever device we’re planning to use.

That way we can resolve any issues before the live event. Speaking from experience when I sometimes used to use a foreign vpn to fool ifollow into thinking I was in Holland so I could watch some of our away games when we were in league 2, there’s nothing worse than faffing about at 2.55 on a Saturday and coming up against all sorts of technical issues then missing the first 20 minutes.

With the ifollow service it was never possible to mirror it to your big tv screen, you had to watch it on iPad or iPhone, hope with this though that provided you have a smart tv you can just put it directly on the tv by accessing the cfc website, provided you have a browser.

This would be something worth checking for everyone as some of the older smart TVs never had browsers for general internet use, they just had the apps like YouTube etc

I doubt that they would really be that bothered if a small minority of people have problems setting it up cos all their concern is getting the payment. Not being nasty by the way but all their gonna want to do is make sure that they get a stream out of the club with the least amount of expense whilst maximising their income.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#25 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

The availability of the Paywall and it's connectivity will presumably be the biggest technical headache?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#26 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 27 September 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

I doubt that they would really be that bothered if a small minority of people have problems setting it up cos all their concern is getting the payment. Not being nasty by the way but all their gonna want to do is make sure that they get a stream out of the club with the least amount of expense whilst maximising their income.

Yes but how many returning punters will they get for the next game if the service is gash, or has teething problems?

#27 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:40 AM

View Postazul, on 27 September 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

As said you can cast it with a modern TV and right computer or just connect an HDMI cable if your devices have them

If you have a Smart TV with a web browser and it is connected to the internet you should just be able to use that in the normal way. Never tried it because you wouldhave to enter details with your remote control rather than a keyboard. Might try it beforehand.

Whether it will look good on a big TV is another consideration if the stream is low definition

At long last managed to sort mirroring on my Panasonic tv from my iPhone, watched numerous vids this morning trying to connect until I found out via YouTube that you need to download the Panasonic mirroring app for £4.99 to enable it to work and have to alter a couple of settings on the tv.
Crystal clear picture from phone pics and videos but like you say whether that will be the case on a streamed picture then I'll have to wait and see.
East stand second class citizen.

#28 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:48 AM

View Postazul, on 27 September 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

Just re read your post and..Doh..yes my tv has a web browser!
Why the hell would someone neg this post..lol

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 27 September 2020 - 11:01 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#29 User is online   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostPontePete, on 27 September 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

Yes but how many returning punters will they get for the next game if the service is gash, or has teething problems?

This is where the streaming "season ticket" comes in...
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#30 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:59 AM

Well having read all the above, my best option is to wait for the 'Green Un'!
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#31 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:12 AM

I use smart tv cast app downloadable from Google play. Works well..fairly simple to set up

#32 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 September 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

You’ll be fine mate, once you’ve cracked it once, you’ll have no problem. I’m more than happy to help if you need it with setting up

#33 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:18 AM

Is there an income opportunity here for the club to show the live streaming in the lounges and sell tickets for fans to attend and include food. Possibly for home games as well with the curtains shut.
Wealdstone are selling 60 tickets for their social club at £10 each to include a free pint but state the curtains will be shut
Have passport will travel

#34 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:33 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 September 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

Just re read your post and..Doh..yes my tv has a web browser!
Why the hell would someone neg this post..lol

Because there’s some strange folk about!! I’ve addressed the balance

They need to remove the like/dislike buttons........unless it’s Warfey 😂😂

#35 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:38 AM

To be hoped there’s no goals in the last five minutes, or you’ll have to look in the stop press.

#36 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:19 PM

It may be streamed directly to You Tube because that is the most common and well known streaming service I reckon

I have streamed Derbyshire cricket matches this summer on You Tube without any real problems

#37 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 27 September 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

This is where the streaming "season ticket" comes in...

They'll do it match by match in case of an about turn on admitting people to games.

View Postwhittman, on 27 September 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

It may be streamed directly to You Tube because that is the most common and well known streaming service I reckon

I have streamed Derbyshire cricket matches this summer on You Tube without any real problems

That won't happen with paid for content.

#38 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:23 PM

You will then have to hope that the Sheffield teams haven't both lost or you will be waiting longer for it to arrive lol

#39 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 27 September 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Is there an income opportunity here for the club to show the live streaming in the lounges and sell tickets for fans to attend and include food. Possibly for home games as well with the curtains shut.
Wealdstone are selling 60 tickets for their social club at £10 each to include a free pint but state the curtains will be shut

This.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#40 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:44 PM

View PostPontePete, on 27 September 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

You’ll be fine mate, once you’ve cracked it once, you’ll have no problem. I’m more than happy to help if you need it with setting up

Thanks for the offer, my first route will be to see if the grandkids can earn their Christmas apple and lump of coal.
Cheers.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic