• You cannot reply to this topic

Breakfast

#41 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:00 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 September 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

I’ve written off any possibility of there being spectators at games this season.

Waiting for the club now to come up with ways of getting cash in to their coffers.

‘The’ Arsenal are having no fans in all season (apparently)

#42 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:05 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 September 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

‘The’ Arsenal are having no fans in all season (apparently)

They won’t be. Nor will anyone else.

#43 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:13 PM

I see the EFL are hoping for a £250M bailout from the Prem.

That’ll be £230M to the Championship, £15M to L1 and £5M to L2

Sounds a bit chaotic with flying pigs everywhere

https://www.bbc.co.u...otball/54284737
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#44 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:32 PM

View PostItchwagon, on 24 September 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

The problem across all leagues, and all sports, with all this get fans back misses the one vital point of how supporters actually safely get there and back. Once in the ground I'm sure social distancing is adequate, even at pie and beer time, but that is not enough - it's the safe transport of getting supporters, in and out, be it 3000 or 30000, or any number in between travelling to and from - public transport, especially at final whistle, would that support train/coach loads of supporters, car travel with mates, will everyone mask up, are you leaving a mate behind if they don't have a mask etc. We've all seen people scrumming to get onto buses around the ground, at the end of game, all been on trains with supporters going to and from other games, let alone town ones, and until a satisfactory solution comes up for that it ain't going to proceed very quickly. Even with 1000 attending, are you staggering time to arrive or leave, who's controlling numbers onto buses, and how do you identify someone who's last bus is at say 5.30pm compared to someone on a regular route - everyone wants to get on way home, or back to their local asap.
Put forward ideas of control for the dispersion of fans after the final whistle and you may stand a chance- but clubs won't want that responsibility, and in the meantime everyone will go on about financial implications and want supporters back asap.

Not sure I agree, traditionally we get a bumper gate on boxing day when there is no public transport

#45 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:49 PM

Just watched it-J Croot came across well

#46 User is offline   Half Full 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:05 AM

View Postmoondog, on 24 September 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

He did, but it transpired that was a quote and we got it done (removing from the stands not the pitch) for a fraction of that

Judging by the TV pictures they missed some bits!

#47 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:12 AM

View PostItchwagon, on 24 September 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

The problem across all leagues, and all sports, with all this get fans back misses the one vital point of how supporters actually safely get there and back. Once in the ground I'm sure social distancing is adequate, even at pie and beer time, but that is not enough - it's the safe transport of getting supporters, in and out, be it 3000 or 30000, or any number in between travelling to and from - public transport, especially at final whistle, would that support train/coach loads of supporters, car travel with mates, will everyone mask up, are you leaving a mate behind if they don't have a mask etc. We've all seen people scrumming to get onto buses around the ground, at the end of game, all been on trains with supporters going to and from other games, let alone town ones, and until a satisfactory solution comes up for that it ain't going to proceed very quickly. Even with 1000 attending, are you staggering time to arrive or leave, who's controlling numbers onto buses, and how do you identify someone who's last bus is at say 5.30pm compared to someone on a regular route - everyone wants to get on way home, or back to their local asap.
Put forward ideas of control for the dispersion of fans after the final whistle and you may stand a chance- but clubs won't want that responsibility, and in the meantime everyone will go on about financial implications and want supporters back asap.

I think the reason clubs won’t want that responsibility is because it isn’t their responsibility.
Coming into and out of the ground is something the club can control, once fans are off site the clubs responsibility ends. You can’t monitor bus queues, public transport etc. Same as with people going to supermarkets etc
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#48 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:19 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 25 September 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

I think the reason clubs won’t want that responsibility is because it isn’t their responsibility.
Coming into and out of the ground is something the club can control, once fans are off site the clubs responsibility ends. You can’t monitor bus queues, public transport etc. Same as with people going to supermarkets etc

Although a completely different situation, wasn’t the issue of a clubs responsibility what saw Leeds and West Yorkshire police butt heads a few years ago?

Leeds argued that they shouldn’t have to pay for policing Leeds city centre and surrounding areas on a match day and that their responsibility ended at the footprint of the stadium.

The police argued that if Leeds weren’t holding a match at their stadium, there would be no requirement to police Leeds city centre and surrounding areas with the number of officers on duty as there are thousands of fans coming into the city that otherwise wouldn’t.

Although completely different, I suppose it is similar in some ways.

No idea of the outcome of the spat between the two parties.

#49 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered somewhere but why can’t we stream the home games?
JRID

#50 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:56 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 25 September 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered somewhere but why can’t we stream the home games?

Im in Snowdonia for the first game (fingers crossed) but I would be willing to pay, what, 15 quid to watch a streamed home game. Its just a case of getting it set up.

I'm sure with some good marketing there would be a viable streaming audience.

#51 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

Well the game is shown in the concourse so it should be possible

I’d pay to watch
JRID

#52 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:06 PM

With just a week to go before the first game someone somewhere has got to start making some decisions
Have passport will travel

#53 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:23 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 25 September 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

With just a week to go before the first game someone somewhere has got to start making some decisions

I'm sure someone at the club is reading this as we speak, maybe a short statement as to what is being considered AND what the hurdles are would be helpful to fans.

This is an ever changing set of circumstance from day to day, the club have done very well with their communications so far and with it being Friday that may delay things until Monday.

Streaming games live over the internet for a fee will obviously need negotiations and that streaming service are in the position of strength when it comes to how much IT WILL COST THE CLUB to make this happen.

The clock is ticking but we have 10 days to make this happen and it's not beyond the bounds of reason that registering and logging on can be done Saturday.

to make this happen

The clock is ticking but registering and logging on can be done last minute so including today we have 10 days before the game

God I hate this league.

#54 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:42 PM

We seem miles behind some in this league with this. Quite a few have been streaming friendlies for a month. We’ve obviously not prepared as well for this or we’d be on the ball for the game tomorrow

#55 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:52 PM

View PostCFC91, on 25 September 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

We seem miles behind some in this league with this. Quite a few have been streaming friendlies for a month. We’ve obviously not prepared as well for this or we’d be on the ball for the game tomorrow

I mentioned this solution way back in June & we should have had these options with solutions in the back pocket, ready to implement & go live when it was given the go-ahead.

I know there was the takeover being finalised back then, but the COVID situation was in full effect, a streaming 'plan' should have been thought of months ago & not left until the last minute - I hope i'm wrong & that we haven't waited & waited until someone provided guidance.

I'm hoping a plan is already in place & we can hit the green light to offer a streaming service almost immediately.

#56 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:26 PM

It seems increasingly clear the forthcoming season, like so much else at the Club, has been completely neglected for many months.

Not gonna re-open questions about how those who were part of that past can be part of the future, but it comes as no surprise we're behind others.

Streaming may be one of the few avenues of income open to Town for the foreseeable.

I'd suggest a few asses are kicked to maximise that opportunity...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#57 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:46 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 25 September 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

I mentioned this solution way back in June & we should have had these options with solutions in the back pocket, ready to implement & go live when it was given the go-ahead.

I know there was the takeover being finalised back then, but the COVID situation was in full effect, a streaming 'plan' should have been thought of months ago & not left until the last minute - I hope i'm wrong & that we haven't waited & waited until someone provided guidance.

I'm hoping a plan is already in place & we can hit the green light to offer a streaming service almost immediately.

Given away fans were never going to be admitted at our games and that there'd have been a modest market from Town fans unable to attend in person too, it would be disappointing to learn we're not close to being ready to go.

#58 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:46 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 25 September 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

It seems increasingly clear the forthcoming season, like so much else at the Club, has been completely neglected for many months.

Not gonna re-open questions about how those who were part of that past can be part of the future, but it comes as no surprise we're behind others.

Streaming may be one of the few avenues of income open to Town for the foreseeable.

I'd suggest a few asses are kicked to maximise that opportunity...

At least we have a person well integrated with the club that has an it company ready to help with any potential IT stumbling blocks....

#59 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:57 PM

As I said on the other thread, I would think setting up the financial/payment/subscription side of things and linking it securely to whatever platform we use to stream the event would take the most effort.

Let’s face it our CEO was gob smacked about something many people on here were talking about for weeks and weeks. Add the fact, as far as I can see no decision has been made by the NL about whether the season is actually starting one week tomorrow.

Hardly surprising if we aren’t ready to stream and take in revenue

This post has been edited by azul: 25 September 2020 - 06:04 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#60 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:21 PM

**** me just get someone live streaming on Facebook from a screen In the concourse if need be
JRID

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users