Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Derbyshire Times Latest - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire Times Latest

#9261 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:33 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 30 September 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

Seems like a raw nerve was touched when defensive worries was mentioned. He must know they are cr*p. Otherwise he wouldn't mention Rhys Williams an upcoming CB and he also mentioned going to S Weds to see what they've got.

It was me who asked the question, this was after I also asked who was going to score the goals. He referred to me as Mr negative as a result. He did come and shake my hand at the end. I did feel he genuinely wants to do a good job for us. He realises he needs to strengthen but also wants to give the youngsters a chance to shine.
Have passport will travel

#9262 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:48 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 September 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

Yep.

Anyone turning up at Coalville v Alfreton with ID showing an NG, DE or S postcode will be refused entry!

Why would you need ID?

Absolutely farcical.

#9263 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:22 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 30 September 2020 - 10:33 PM, said:

It was me who asked the question, this was after I also asked who was going to score the goals. He referred to me as Mr negative as a result. He did come and shake my hand at the end. I did feel he genuinely wants to do a good job for us. He realises he needs to strengthen but also wants to give the youngsters a chance to shine.

Well done mate for having the testicles to ask a question that most fans want answered, knowing he wouldn't like it.

Let's just hope we don't have the worst defensive record this season.

#9264 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:36 AM

He must want Covid again 😂

#9265 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:48 AM

There are two opposing sets of stats arn't there. One set that says for the last few seasons we have got off to terrible starts, implying that we have no decent players; and one set that implies that the same players are decent under Pemberton. I can understand his reaction and his accusation of negativity, it's only natural.

Which set carries most weight?

My money is on him maintaining his momentum, based on his sound analysis that players wern't fit or committed enough before, and my sound analysis that we'll do much better from the top down now that Carson and Warner have left.

Given his fair share of luck of course.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#9266 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:55 AM

View Postdim view, on 01 October 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

There are two opposing sets of stats arn't there. One set that says for the last few seasons we have got off to terrible starts, implying that we have no decent players; and one set that implies that the same players are decent under Pemberton. I can understand his reaction and his accusation of negativity, it's only natural.

My money is on him maintaining his momentum, based on his sound analysis that players wern't fit or committed enough before, and my sound analysis that we'll do much better from the top down now that Carson and Warner have left.

God help us if we are relying on luck

#9267 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:06 AM

View Postdim view, on 01 October 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

fair. i think the concern is that he has had an opportunity to reshape the squad, a limited one admittedly but has chosen to pretty much go with players we had from last season and the pre-season programme, again limited as it has been has shown no real improvement in terms of conceeding more goals than we're scoring which includes 2 blanks to lower league opposition. now i'm happy to be hopeful that the pieces may fall into place and hope they will but as it stands, yet again no department of our squad fills me with confidence at this stage... here's hoping.

#9268 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:24 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 01 October 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

fair. i think the concern is that he has had an opportunity to reshape the squad, a limited one admittedly but has chosen to pretty much go with players we had from last season and the pre-season programme, again limited as it has been has shown no real improvement in terms of conceeding more goals than we're scoring which includes 2 blanks to lower league opposition. now i'm happy to be hopeful that the pieces may fall into place and hope they will but as it stands, yet again no department of our squad fills me with confidence at this stage... here's hoping.

The rescue package is crucial int it.
IF it provides sufficient grant funds to stop the haemorraging of cash from our bank account then it gives us an incredible opportunity compared to most other clubs in our league, given our resources. (It will also urine Carson off big time).
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#9269 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:52 AM

View Postdim view, on 01 October 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

The rescue package is crucial int it.
If it provides sufficient grant funds to stop the haemorraging of cash from our bank account then it gives us an incredible opportunity compared to most other clubs in our league, given our resources. (It will also urine Carson off big time).

I am very interested to see how this financial package from the government is going to be divvied up, is it going to leave the big(ger) clubs in this division with the bigger crowds at a financial advantage like we would be under normal circumstances before Covid? (Granted financial superiority hasn’t counted for much in recent seasons, but some would say that’s because it’s not been used wisely by the likes of Sheridan)

Or will it be a leveller?

Being completely selfish of course, I hope it’s the former and when there is an opportunity to strengthen even if it’s with loans, we’ve got more financial clout than many of the others in our division to attract the right players
Hater of all things Scab!

#9270 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:06 AM

View PostPontePete, on 01 October 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

I am very interested to see how this financial package from the government is going to be divvied up, is it going to leave the big(ger) clubs in this division with the bigger crowds at a financial advantage like we would be under normal circumstances before Covid? (Granted financial superiority hasn’t counted for much in recent seasons, but some would say that’s because it’s not been used wisely by the likes of Sheridan)

Or will it be a leveller?

Being completely selfish of course, I hope it’s the former and when there is an opportunity to strengthen even if it’s with loans, we’ve got more financial clout than many of the others in our division to attract the right players

Unfortunately bigger crowds in a stadium and for an organisation with a structure set for the league have probably been a disadvantage in prior seasons - and one of the reasons we have been bleeding cash. Now bigger slice of the grant because we have more crowds and higher costs might put us on a level footing with the Solihulls of this world....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#9271 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:24 AM

John Pemberton's passion for Chesterfield is there for all to see as he answers fans' questions - what we made of Q&A event
https://www.derbyshi...a-event-2989220

#9272 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:54 PM

Chesterfield "close" to adding to squad as John Pemberton confirms interest in Liverpool star Rhys Williams
https://www.derbyshi...illiams-2989671

#9273 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:17 PM

"He is not a million miles away hopefully" - Chesterfield team news ahead of Wealdstone clash
https://www.derbyshi...e-clash-2989869

#9274 User is offline   SocraticCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostGreenie78, on 01 October 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Chesterfield "close" to adding to squad as John Pemberton confirms interest in Liverpool star Rhys Williams

I take it the grant from the Govt. may open a few doors financially for us.

#9275 User is offline   Greenie78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:11 PM

Why John Pemberton has big selection headache for Chesterfield's match at Wealdstone
https://www.derbyshi...ldstone-2990000

#9276 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:20 PM

View PostGreenie78, on 01 October 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Seems to be highly rated by some. https://www.liverpoo...n-dijk-18230858
Liverpool included, having given him a new four year contract.
Certainly a boost if we could bring him in. Hopefully no ‘Brooks’ type misfortunes.

#9277 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:37 PM

View PostPaul Fisher, on 30 September 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

That’s a great article. I’m trying not to make glib comments about him not having to worry about football if he signed for Town, but Kee is clearly better off out of football. I’m sure it’s not an easy life, mentally, whatever the level, for many players. Good luck to him.
These go to eleven.

#9278 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:39 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 30 September 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

Seems like a raw nerve was touched when defensive worries was mentioned. He must know they are cr*p. Otherwise he wouldn't mention Rhys Williams an upcoming CB and he also mentioned going to S Weds to see what they've got.

Is that the extent of our scouting network? Going to local pro clubs to “see what they’ve got”? Apologies if I have misunderstood.
These go to eleven.

#9279 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:03 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 01 October 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Is that the extent of our scouting network? Going to local pro clubs to “see what they’ve got”? Apologies if I have misunderstood.

Presumably it’s the policy and scouting infrastructure he’s inherited? You’d like to think it will change substantially, especially if we survive the current crisis,

#9280 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:08 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 01 October 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

Seems to be highly rated by some. https://www.liverpoo...n-dijk-18230858
Liverpool included, having given him a new four year contract.
Certainly a boost if we could bring him in. Hopefully no ‘Brooks’ type misfortunes.

We have to hope Pembo gets lucky and can have this kid for the season. No brainer to bench Evans and put him in straight away. Seems like a sort of Sid Nelson type player. Anyone remember him.

Share this topic:

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users