Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ex Spireite Signs For ..... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (342 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ex Spireite Signs For .....

#5021 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

View Postlindave, on 27 September 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

He gave us the runaround last New Years day at Solihull.

It probably wasn't difficult!

#5022 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:24 AM

Leon Clarke signed for Shrewsbury

#5023 User is offline   inkyblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:46 PM

Jamie Ward signed for Solihull
oh, Rodney , Rodney

#5024 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:46 PM

View Postinkyblue, on 02 October 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Jamie Ward signed for Solihull

Good signing. Think them and Dagenham will surprise a few this season.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#5025 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:36 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 02 October 2020 - 05:46 PM, said:

Good signing. Think them and Dagenham will surprise a few this season.

Agree about the Daggers

#5026 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:15 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 02 October 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

Agree about the Daggers

They looked at one point last season like they would go bust, losing money hand over fist and players leaving. Steady the ship and some astute signings.

Hoping we will be able to do something similar once COVID 19 has disappeared and more of the financial shackles are removed from the club which were left behind by the previous regime.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#5027 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

Hearing Town youth product Jordan Bowery is quickly bearing the brunt of on-line boo boys over at an MTFC who, according to Stelling, have only won four in over twenty (last season included, of course).

Can't fault the lad as someone we all knew lacked a genuine scoring touch has enjoyed a more than decent career. And if Radford was prepared to offer a couple of year well paid contract in these Covid hit times, well, swallow your pride and hold your nose and sign it.

Ought to have known his past might be an issue should the goals not come, mind.

By the way, believe it or not it seems they're touting Paul Cook as a possible replacement for their current boss. Okay, money talks - but would he really take so many steps backwards? Besides, he must know there'll be a plethora of much, much bigger outfits wanting a boss in a month or two...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#5028 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:53 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 03 October 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

Hearing Town youth product Jordan Bowery is quickly bearing the brunt of on-line boo boys over at an MTFC who, according to Stelling, have only won four in over twenty (last season included, of course).

Can't fault the lad as someone we all knew lacked a genuine scoring touch has enjoyed a more than decent career. And if Radford was prepared to offer a couple of year well paid contract in these Covid hit times, well, swallow your pride and hold your nose and sign it.

Ought to have known his past might be an issue should the goals not come, mind.

By the way, believe it or not it seems they're touting Paul Cook as a possible replacement for their current boss. Okay, money talks - but would he really take so many steps backwards? Besides, he must know there'll be a plethora of much, much bigger outfits wanting a boss in a month or two...

The expectancy levels at Mansfield are incredible, They seem to have completely forgotten who they are. I rather enjoy watching them implode every single week.

#5029 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

Let’s pray for the day of us going up from non league & Mansfailed coming the other way!!

#5030 User is online   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:28 PM

I don't like Mansfield.
These go to eleven.

#5031 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:11 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 03 October 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

Besides, he must know there'll be a plethora of much, much bigger outfits wanting a boss in a month or two...

Listened to an interview on Talksport with Cooky and he said pretty much the exact same thing. I expect he'll be in a managers chair before the year is out.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#5032 User is online   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:03 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 04 October 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Listened to an interview on Talksport with Cooky and he said pretty much the exact same thing. I expect he'll be in a managers chair before the year is out.

listened to football heaven on friday for the first time in ages, barnsley fans hoping for cookie if their manager does move on, that would seem more his level than bottom end of league 2

#5033 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:35 AM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 03 October 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

The expectancy levels at Mansfield are incredible, They seem to have completely forgotten who they are. I rather enjoy watching them implode every single week.

It's all fostered by a Radford 'living the life'.

The otherwise unobtainable blonde...the Portuguese pad...the helicopter...the reality show style stuff...

...the plaything football club.

But whilst it's easy to mock his ostentacious posturing he's certainly waved his wedge at that football club. Infact he must've poured at least as much as Allen down the pan since being there. For what, though? One promotion and a couple of flirtations with the L2 play offs?

Which only ever saw locals switch attention from their first team Forest on a painfully few occasions.

Twenty five years of looking down and laughing at our little neighbours came to an abrupt end three seasons ago. Dun't look like changing anytime soon, either. However for all our ex owner's many, many faults when it went well it went very well. As opposed to what must be the most expensive mid fourth division mediocrety in history at Field Mill...

PS: mate over the motorway tells me Craig Davies is still without a club after leaving them this summer. Worth a phone call, perhaps?

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 04 October 2020 - 10:40 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#5034 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 04 October 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

The otherwise unobtainable blonde...the Portuguese pad...the helicopter...the reality show style stuff...

But whilst it's easy to mock his ostentacious posturing he's certainly waved his wedge at that football club. Infact he must've poured at least as much as Allen down the pan since being there. For what, though? One promotion and a couple of flirtations with the L2 play offs?

Which only ever saw locals switch attention from their first team Forest on a painfully few occasions.

Twenty five years of looking down and laughing at our little neighbours came to an abrupt end three seasons ago. Dun't look like changing anytime soon, either. However for all our ex owner's many, many faults when it went well it went very well. As opposed to what must be the most expensive mid fourth division mediocrety in history at Field Mill...

PS: mate over the motorway tells me Craig Davies is still without a club after leaving them this summer. Worth a phone call, perhaps?

I agree with most of what you say, Chris, but not sure about the phone call as Craig has carried far too many injuries in recent times unless he's prepared to do a "pay as you play" deal.

Regarding the Radfords, I sometimes wonder how long the money will last. As you say, they seem to be "living the life" but it doesn't last forever and from what I've seen they do not appear to have accumulated as many millions as DA for instance.

#5035 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

If we can find an innovative mutually effective way of paying him then it's a good shout.

Unless I've misinterpreted, Pemberton's Deedah interviewer implied that Fondop is still on the radar anawl.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#5036 User is online   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:02 AM

View Postdim view, on 04 October 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

If we can find an innovative mutually effective way of paying him then it's a good shout.

Unless I've misinterpreted, Pemberton's Deedah interviewer implied that Fondop is still on the radar anawl.

my feeling is pembo will see how it goes before committing funds to any more players.

#5037 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2020 - 12:18 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 04 October 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

my feeling is pembo will see how it goes before committing funds to any more players.

Yet, he has said another signing is quite close whilst qualifying that by saying something like he wants to make sure that signing is right for us.

For me, the next two signings could be critical to our season so no point in rushing them. If he chooses to see how things go with what we already have I don't blame him. But, if he can pull off a couple of Ioan deals such as the lad from Liverpool to strengthen the defence and something similar up front then brilliant.

#5038 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2020 - 12:29 PM

View Postdim view, on 04 October 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

We could do far worse, we were on our aris scoring goals prior to his arrival and I'd offer that is the state we are in now.
God I hate this league.

#5039 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2020 - 12:52 PM

The manager is deluded also, he said in a pre match interview v Tranmere that there would have been 10 thousand at Field Mill if it hadn’t had been for Covid.
The fact that the s. hit hole doesn’t even hold 10 thousand made it even funnier.

#5040 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

I disagree, we can't afford any players who miss most games with injury. 2 goals in 19 appearances for them last season.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (342 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users