Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Netherlands V England - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Netherlands V England Bad on all fronts

#21 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostToddhopper., on 23 March 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Too many retrograde morons follow England. Many of them actually still think we have an Empire & should be an all white nation. Ukippers on steroids if you like.

The idea that UKIPPERS or indeed England football fans think Britain should be an all white nation is a ridiculous statement. Are you sure it's not you whose on steroids?

#22 User is online   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:57 PM

Watched it sound off and only in parts but seemed a deserved win. Plenty of changes, should have had a pen and good goal. Pickford is a top keeper who I’d start in Russia and as for Henderson...easy target because of what he does. Goes through games comfortably allowing other attacking players to do that whilst he lets things just tick over. He was targeted in the same way initially by Liverpool fans but is now a vital part of their side.

#23 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

View PostJonB, on 23 March 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Watched it sound off and only in parts but seemed a deserved win. Plenty of changes, should have had a pen and good goal. Pickford is a top keeper who I’d start in Russia and as for Henderson...easy target because of what he does. Goes through games comfortably allowing other attacking players to do that whilst he lets things just tick over. He was targeted in the same way initially by Liverpool fans but is now a vital part of their side.

Is Shelvey injured? From what I've seen of him this season, he's as good as we've got in the middle of the park.

#24 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:42 AM

Nice comfortable win, should've had one or two more, happy with the performance tbh

#25 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

Play like that and we should do well.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#26 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:18 AM

Shock horror a negative thread about England. Thought we were in total control personally , how that wasn’t a penalty I’ll never know. Good win.

#27 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:32 AM

View Postdtp, on 23 March 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

I agree it is less than exciting yet the commentator, at half time, was trying to tell us this performance is encouraging for fans????

Now the pundits are doing their best to talk it up.

All I want to know, though, is there a new rule that says not more than one attacking (pardon the pun) player is allowed in the opposition's penalty area at any one time?

Let’s be honest, you’re probably not best watching any England games moving forward.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#28 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 24 March 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

Let’s be honest, you’re probably not best watching any England games moving forward.

If we threw players forwards we'd get countered by Promes + Depay. We played it right and ppl still whinge. I don't get it

#29 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostGoku, on 24 March 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

If we threw players forwards we'd get countered by Promes + Depay. We played it right and ppl still whinge. I don't get it

Agreed.

We won...

Clean sheet...

Brilliantly taken goal....

Looked good at the back and going forward..

Last time won in Amsterdam was something like 1969....

Players still to come back, like Kane etc. And the likes of Ali didn’t start

We’re not going to win the World Cup, but hopefully we can get to the QF stage - on social media and people I talk to etc. after England games, it seems to be the same ones that moan every single game, therefore I’d recommend these people not watching it in future...

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 24 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

#30 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

I think part of the issue is way too many false dawns, yes they did ok yesterday against a Dutch side that's. A million miles away from its former glories, but a win is a win. But how many times have we seen great qualifying campaigns against the minnows followed by a decent friendly result or two which completely fails to carry in to major tournaments where we embarress ourselves the first time we meet anyone half decent?
East stand second class citizen.

#31 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 March 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

I think part of the issue is way too many false dawns, yes they did ok yesterday against a Dutch side that's. A million miles away from its former glories, but a win is a win. But how many times have we seen great qualifying campaigns against the minnows followed by a decent friendly result or two which completely fails to carry in to major tournaments where we embarress ourselves the first time we meet anyone half decent?

You see then, we know what is likely to happen like you say - But some people still watch it and moan.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 24 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

#32 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

View PostGoku, on 24 March 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Nice comfortable win, should've had one or two more, happy with the performance tbh

Perhaps, an improved performance in the second half but I do struggle with this sideways and backwards, lack of penetration, style of international football.

Similarly, when I see players, like Rose who earn cica £100k a week, clearing the penalty area with crosses which trouble nothing but the opposite touchline it does frustrate me.

#33 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

View Postdtp, on 24 March 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Perhaps, an improved performance in the second half but I do struggle with this sideways and backwards, lack of penetration, style of international football.

Similarly, when I see players, like Rose who earn cica £100k a week, clearing the penalty area with crosses which trouble nothing but the opposite touchline it does frustrate me.

You call it sideways and backwards but they’ll call it keeping possession. We’ve been crying out for England to keep the ball more and they start to do it and people moan. It’s why we will never be successful , fans over here want fast frantic football , they’d rather watch a derek Niven than someone with real technical ability. Shame.

#34 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

I thought the movement was very good last night in the build up play. Lacked some cutting edge and defence still always likely to concede, we won't get away with it against better teams.

#35 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:15 AM

Thought it was a decent game tbh. Some good interplay and much to hope for. Maguire looks solid at the back and hopefully his brother will improve to a similar standard.

#36 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:17 AM

We won the game like a decent side would. Comfortable. Few alarms.

What's Dutch football come to though when Ryan Babbel is up front?

#37 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 March 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

We won the game like a decent side would. Comfortable. Few alarms.

What's Dutch football come to though when Ryan Babbel is up front?

Sub coming on though, not a starter.

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 24 March 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Sub coming on though, not a starter.

He's cack.

#39 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 March 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

He's cack.

31 now, but never been a goal scorer really.

#40 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

View PostBluekent, on 24 March 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

You call it sideways and backwards but they’ll call it keeping possession. We’ve been crying out for England to keep the ball more and they start to do it and people moan. It’s why we will never be successful , fans over here want fast frantic football , they’d rather watch a derek Niven than someone with real technical ability. Shame.

Well said. Fed up of sides like Spain having the ball for 80% and dominating games, it’s great to see us try and impose ourselves on a team away from home and not give them a noteworthy kick all game by retaining the ball. Not the greatest Dutch side, but no mugs by any means to go over there and dominate start to finish is a good effort.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users