Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: New Full Strength Team Regulations - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Full Strength Team Regulations

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 March 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Apparently the last straw was Huddersfield fielding a weakened side v Birmingham last season, after the Terriers had secured a play off spot.
Birmingham won, saving themselves from relegation at the expense of Blackburn, who were non too happy.

But as we have nearly all suggested, can’t see how it can be properly policed.

Just don't see how in cannot be policed

If there aren't 10 outfield players from the previous squad then the club will have to explain why using medical certificates or other documentation - that seems simple to me. If FL want to enforce properly they could and I suspect we won't be seeing that much of what Huddersfield did or even more obviously what Swindon did a few years back.

The clubs agreed to it apparently willingly as they obviously see an issue - unlike the EFL Trophy ruling that was originally put in place as a condition of sponsorship
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

View Postazul, on 22 March 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Just don't see how in cannot be policed

If there aren't 10 outfield players from the previous squad then the club will have to explain why using medical certificates or other documentation - that seems simple to me. If FL want to enforce properly they could and I suspect we won't be seeing that much of what Huddersfield did or even more obviously what Swindon did a few years back.

The clubs agreed to it apparently willingly as they obviously see an issue - unlike the EFL Trophy ruling that was originally put in place as a condition of sponsorship

For starters it seems reasonably easy to circumvent what they are trying to achieve, and, apparently, comply with the rules.
Drop out of the squad say seven players, your best players. You would still have 10 outfield players on the team sheet from the last match. Bring in reserves and kids to populate the seven vacant spots.

That is, if ‘Team Sheet’ includes the subs bench. I can’t see it not being so.

Then there is the ‘hamstring injury’, ‘stomach strain’, ‘knock’ as used regularly by Premier League managers when withdrawing their players from International friendly squads. A medical certificate should be easy to produce.

Will be interesting how it plays out. Not long now.

#23 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

For starters it seems reasonably easy to circumvent what they are trying to achieve, and, apparently, comply with the rules.
Drop out of the squad say seven players, your best players. You would still have 10 outfield players on the team sheet from the last match. Bring in reserves and kids to populate the seven vacant spots.

That is, if ‘Team Sheet’ includes the subs bench. I can’t see it not being so.

Then there is the ‘hamstring injury’, ‘stomach strain’, ‘knock’ as used regularly by Premier League managers when withdrawing their players from International friendly squads. A medical certificate should be easy to produce.

Will be interesting how it plays out. Not long now.

Yes, I agree, it should be stricter but at least it'll stop a whole squad being swapped out

It has to include subs bench, otherwise 10 outfield players would mean, no changes from the last match.

The submitted team sheet includes up to 18 players in league match so I think it is self explantory anyway

The club doctor would have to provide false medical certificates, I'm sure it happens but I wouldn't want that doctor to attend me

This post has been edited by azul: 22 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#24 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Postazul, on 22 March 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

The club doctor would have to provide false medical certificates, I'm sure it happens but I wouldn't want that doctor to attend me

Knowing our history on paperwork, just be thankful we will not be in this position and even more thankful we don't have a player by the name of Bentley I'm not sure what the FA would do with a MOT Certificate
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users