Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Fans Takeover Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fans Takeover Thread

#21 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

View Posth again, on 07 March 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

As a reason for investing 8 million quid and following it up with whatever handouts become necessary that prospectus isn't going to lure anybody.

It lured Dave Allen.

You never know, the new owners might employ a company CEO and finance director, you know, ones who might ask “where’s the money gone?” and who wouldn’t perhaps run rings around those high flying accountants you’ve been so critical of.

Maybe they could do that, run at break even while having a successful side? A bit like the sort of thing that happened in our first season before AW was outed and Turner brought in.

You remember Chris Turner don’t you? The bloke who was a finance disaster, the bloke who’s venture across the road collapsed owing local families lots of money, and the bloke you not only failed to condemn but publicly supported during his entire time at CFC
A new hope.

#22 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 07 March 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Same names keep being mentioned, coming from insiders at the club. Graham Smyth also mentioned the same names in a recent article in the DT. He went as far as asking Brian Deane for a comment, but ‘he remained tight lipped’.

Confidentiality agreements clearly mean nothing can be confirmed, but confidentiality agreements don’t stretch to those who could deny the rumours.

It’s all conjecture and deduction, but it’s how most stories break, and keeps the press and TV stations in work. And gives some purpose to our message board.

I wonder what the fan reaction would be to Reg Brearley taking over and replacing Jack Lester with Deane!

#23 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 07 March 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

I wonder what the fan reaction would be to Reg Brearley taking over and replacing Jack Lester with Deane!

Indifferent.

#24 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

View Postboot, on 07 March 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

My guess is that is what the deal will be - they get the skimmed milk and he gets the cream.
The suspicion is that this group is hand picked to do just that.

Well I keep referring to them as the 'consortium of convenience' because they seemed to magically materialise when it looked like the Chinese bid had gained traction. It might also refer to their attitude towards any issues some would prefer never saw the light of day, too.

But like you I'm only guessing, so to continue guessing I'll suggest this 'CoC' will be pretty much populated by the characters with strong South Yorkshire links already mentioned. Even if our old mate Ashley dubbed such a suggestion 'a load of rubbish'.

I'll further guess that the brushes with scandal at least some of those characters have had will only add to, rather than quell the suspicion and mistrust so widespread amongst supporters.

I'll also guess they'll invite an equally convenient local to join them in a bid to somehow legitimise their arrival. Possibly someone who's spent years coveting such a position, one they'd never be able to achieve under normal circumstances, and has already been willing to place egotism over integrity.

As for the takeover I'll guess it'll simply be a share purchase with further payments to address the huge debt. Which I guess would therefore mean the bloke to whom that debt is owed would retain significant influence.

So is that the kinda fundamental change everyone wants or just changing the deckchairs on the Titanic? I'll allow everyone to guess for themselves.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#25 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

View Posth again, on 07 March 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

The other bit of gloom I might have added is why now? The club's been for sale for years, so why the sudden interest in buying it now, when we've at least a 50/50 chance of going down, with all the oppotunities to lose money which that offers.
I appreciate that DA must have lowered the asking price because of the current mess, but to reflect the risk involved he'd have to almost give the club away.
Just can't see anybody with the long term interests of CFC at heart coming near the place. Still, we can dream.

Has the club been for sale for years?
Is it actually up for sale now?
Is it for sale just to certain people or groups?
How hard are we trying to sell?
Is it all lip service?
Only Dave and Ashley know as the other directors appear to live in a bubble with no contact with the outside world, as they don’t appear to know anything about anything happening or not happening at the club etc

#26 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

View Posthilly81, on 07 March 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Indifferent.

I don't believe the replacement of Jack with Brian Deane would be greeted with indifference but posters may disagree

#27 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 07 March 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

I don't believe the replacement of Jack with Brian Deane would be greeted with indifference but posters may disagree

I think it would go down like a shitt sandwich.
These go to eleven.

#28 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

Nothing against Deane, but Jack needs to be given 3-4 seasons.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#29 User is offline   stokey 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

Given the indifference at every p!$$ taking step of Our rinsing demise, and seeing how the present owner/regime can seem to get away with it with a limited whimper from fans, I can see exactly why he’s been also brought to write “indifference” in response to that question. What a travesty!!! Why don’t you just bang my Mrs on the way out?? These soft Silly people’ll even let me parade a Bentley in their faces, they’re so apathetic. The Dee Dahs must be killing themselves laughing at us. Disgraceful

#30 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:14 AM

View Poststokey, on 07 March 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Given the indifference at every p!$$ taking step of Our rinsing demise, and seeing how the present owner/regime can seem to get away with it with a limited whimper from fans, I can see exactly why he’s been also brought to write “indifference” in response to that question. What a travesty!!! Why don’t you just bang my Mrs on the way out?? These soft Silly people’ll even let me parade a Bentley in their faces, they’re so apathetic. The Dee Dahs must be killing themselves laughing at us. Disgraceful

Bang her where???

#31 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:19 AM

View Poststokey, on 07 March 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

What’s taking Warfey so long? He must be biting on a leather strap! :ninja:
頑張れ日本!!!

#32 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 06 March 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

sooner go bust and start again than more deedahs running club

That's Conference then.
God I hate this league.

#33 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:59 AM

That , and the club remaining in a crippling contrived financial arrangement between Dave Allen and puppet owners would be the final straw for me and I would hope the majority of Spireites.
AFC Chesterfield for me - let them have their shiny new stadium with nobody in it.

This post has been edited by boot: 08 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

#34 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc thats all

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

View Postboot, on 08 March 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

That , and the club remaining in a crippling contrived financial arrangement between Dave Allen and puppet owners would be the final straw for me and I would hope the majority of Spirites. AFC Chesterfield for me - let them have their shiny new stadium with nobody in it.

This whole affair might be a last throw of the dice hoping to lever a move by the Chinese to counter act this transparent strategy.

Boot please don’t get me wrong but majority of spireites please. Didn’t barabas always spell it that way?
Non league refs WOW

#35 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

View PostArmageddon, on 08 March 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

This whole affair might be a last throw of the dice hoping to lever a move by the Chinese to counter act this transparent strategy.

Boot please don’t get me wrong but majority of spireites please. Didn’t barabas always spell it that way?

Not my usual spelling mate - trust me I am a Spireite born and bred.

Previous post now corrected.

PS 'counteract' is all one word.

This post has been edited by boot: 08 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

#36 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:43 AM

View Postboot, on 08 March 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

That , and the club remaining in a crippling contrived financial arrangement between Dave Allen and puppet owners would be the final straw for me and I would hope the majority of Spireites.
AFC Chesterfield for me - let them have their shiny new stadium with nobody in it.

TOTALLY AGREE BOOT AFC CHESTERFIELD FOR ME TOO IF WE GO DOWN

#37 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 08 March 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

TOTALLY AGREE BOOT AFC CHESTERFIELD FOR ME TOO IF WE GO DOWN

Not necessarily if we go down Dave, but if the club is effectively still in the financial stranglehold of Dave Allen to the extent that the burden is crippling and there is no prospect of escaping it.
Would you want Dave Allen as your landlord with the arrogance and spite he seems capable of ? The club can never be stable whilst he has any influence on it. Just my opinion, but it doesn't look good - hope I am wrong.

#38 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

View Postboot, on 08 March 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Not necessarily if we go down Dave, but if the club is effectively still in the financial stranglehold of Dave Allen to the extent that the burden is crippling and there is no prospect of escaping it.
Would you want Dave Allen as your landlord with the arrogance and spite he seems capable of ? The club can never be stable whilst he has any influence on it. Just my opinion, but it doesn't look good - hope I am wrong.

totally agree

#39 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

View Postboot, on 08 March 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

DA is one of those characters who when he's on your side all well and good but cross him and that's it. During his first years with us, it appeared there was a plan and it was working - credit to him. then something went wrong and he appointed Dean Saunders, after what we'd enjoyed under cook, it was hard to take and people could see where we were going. People voices their opinion and that was it, DA turned. so I agree whilst ever he is around the club is in danger, what/who's coming next I don't really know but I do feel objective one has to be to see CFC and DA part company, then we deal with what's next but this situation is just not working for the interests of chesterfield football club.

#40 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Apparently Brearley tried to takeover Notts County also. Reading what they have to say it's horrendous and they set up a Campaign against them taking over it was that bad. Don't think we should underestimate how bad this new consortium could be for the club..

Rock and hard place springs to mind.

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users