Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Vote With Our Feet - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vote With Our Feet

#41 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

serious question do you think things will improve with lower gate receipts

Absolutely, it's obvious from what came out of the AGM, that DA thinks DS is wonderful.
How else do the fans tell him he is not?
He doesn't listen to the fans, so we have to act in a way he understands.....£££££££££££

#42 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 26 November 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

your right, there has been much worse, but has there ever been such a contrast between seasons?

Last seasons playing style and supporter optimism is unrecognisable from this season.

AND - its self inflicted by financial mismanagement, not by outside pressures such as ITV digital, or crooks raping the club.

That is why there is the current negativity in the fan base.

The season after Cox? from some of the best performances ever to the shambles that went on for years afterwards.
Not excusing what I'm seeing just having a point of view. People don't want to go? no problem. Those that do don't need patronising.
Also in the unlikely event of a third round FA cup tie at home to premiership opposition, will there be the usual outpouring of "I cant get a ticket" from long standing stay a ways? Just a thought...

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostSpire-ite, on 26 November 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Absolutely, it's obvious from what came out of the AGM, that DA thinks DS is wonderful.
He doesn't listen to the fans, so we have to act in a way he understands.....£££££££££££

How can you say he understands ££ when the club appears to be haemorrhaging money from all over the place off the field

#44 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

View Postazul, on 26 November 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

You lot vote with your feet then, looks like I'll be on my own and looking forward to it

I feel like I've thrown another £13 down the drain given the impending hammering we are about to recieve. I'm hoping for at least one shot on goal though!!!
If only....

#45 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostSpire-ite, on 26 November 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

.its a good job he doesn't listen to fans really nobody wanted js or pc and look how they turned out

#46 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

.its a good job he doesn't listen to fans really nobody wanted js or pc and look how they turned out

Such simplistic logic.

#47 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 26 November 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

I feel like I've thrown another £13 down the drain given the impending hammering we are about to recieve. I'm hoping for at least one shot on goal though!!!

sit in the cheap seats it might make the pain less

#48 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:20 PM

View Posttomjoad, on 26 November 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Well I'm a season ticket holder and a supporter of my club, which I will continue to support by going to watch them play.
Yes its poor but its been worse, some folk just love to moan!

I wish these dickless wonders would just not turn up, rather than telling us about it

It is almost like a fashion statement
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#49 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

View Posttwistedspire, on 26 November 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

I am a season ticket holder for over 20 years and I have stood and more recently sat and watched some horrible dire football over the years.

I have attended games after having no sleep the day before through work, I have turned up with huge hangovers and the last home game was the first time ever I have almost nodded off. Now I'm not an 80 year old who needs my afternoon nap & I'd not had a skin full of ale the night before. The match was that terrible that I couldn't stay awake.

The results have been poor, but the worst thing is (as has been said by many on here) is that the matches are as dull as dishwater, there is no entertainment whatsoever.

I will be there on saturday, merely because I enjoy the social pre & post match and because I have a season ticket.

However, I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING A TICKET FOR THE FA CUP GAME. The first home game I will have missed in 4 year.

It is the best way to let the club know that we, THE FANS, are not happy.

I can't blame anyone for taking the same action, but I couldn't / wouldn't contemplate missing any Town match if I could help it.The bulk of a struggling Club's dependance, is on fans attending matches giving both their finnancial and vocal backing. I know our big mate Tom Holland would love to have the opportunity to attend any match after his severe stroke( he's making a slow and steady progress). It's 8 weeks since he had the stroke and now he's eventually showing good signs of improvement he still has a very long way to go. We're not sure how much he can take in,but we keep him up to date with Blues news which he still seems to enjoy, especknows fans ask about him at the matches. I know if he was back to normal he would be saying "we'll be all rate", he was never negative about the club he loves and supported for nigh on 60 yrs.
We've had many dark days over the 50yrs I've supported the club, but I've never turned my back on the Team. Money is hard to come by these days, but I'd hope that those who truely care about the club, will still keep following the club through thick and thin. Like you say, most of us are attending games just for the social side of it, when we can meet up with our mates and since Tom's do,I think its even more important to meet up each Saturday / Tuesday have a laugh.It's not the same without him,but at least we can keep in the know when we've been to the match.
lindave

#50 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

View Postazul, on 26 November 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

I wish these dickless wonders would just not turn up, rather than telling us about it

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd just love it if the club gave out a voucher, just in case by some miracle we get through to the third round and draw a cracker

#51 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

View Postlindave, on 26 November 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

I can't blame anyone for taking the same action, but I couldn't / wouldn't contemplate missing any Town match if I could help it.The bulk of a struggling Club's dependance, is on fans attending matches giving both their finnancial and vocal backing. I know our big mate Tom Holland would love to have the opportunity to attend any match after his severe stroke( he's making a slow and steady progress). It's 8 weeks since he had the stroke and now he's eventually showing good signs of improvement he still has a very long way to go. We're not sure how much he can take in,but we keep him up to date with Blues news which he still seems to enjoy, especknows fans ask about him at the matches. I know if he was back to normal he would be saying "we'll be all rate", he was never negative about the club he loves and supported for nigh on 60 yrs.
We've had many dark days over the 50yrs I've supported the club, but I've never turned my back on the Team. Money is hard to come by these days, but I'd hope that those who truely care about the club, will still keep following the club through thick and thin. Like you say, most of us are attending games just for the social side of it, when we can meet up with our mates and since Tom's do,I think its even more important to meet up each Saturday / Tuesday have a laugh.It's not the same without him,but at least we can keep in the know when we've been to the match.

Well said!

#52 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

serious question do you think things will improve with lower gate receipts

No, but I think it's marginal. The difference being finishing 23rd instead of 24th. I fully expect us to go down this season I'm sorry to say.
If the club believe this is just a blip, that all the fans like a moan but will put up with any only pap and keep coming then what action will they take? None
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#53 User is offline   renton laidlaw 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your mate I hope he makes a full recovery,but you say yourself you meet up have a laugh have a good chat and then go to the game for the high spirits to continue.Fully endorse that brilliant. But the fun stops as soon as you walk through them turnstiles at the moment and when you sometimes pay for three adults it ain't cheap.Dave Allen made his money in the entertainment business,at this moment there's not much of that going off.If his hare got court on the first bend at owlerton he would replace it. If his roulette wheels started to pay out on a certain number everytime he would replace it.So what makes football any different.He knows whatever happens there will be fans turning up because they love the club. Finally the worse thing about all this he was within touching distance of fulfilling his 5 year plan. How sad for all of us

#54 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

View Postrenton laidlaw, on 26 November 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

I'm sorry to hear about your mate I hope he makes a full recovery,but you say yourself you meet up have a laugh have a good chat and then go to the game for the high spirits to continue.Fully endorse that brilliant. But the fun stops as soon as you walk through them turnstiles at the moment and when you sometimes pay for three adults it ain't cheap.Dave Allen made his money in the entertainment business,at this moment there's not much of that going off.If his hare got court on the first bend at owlerton he would replace it. If his roulette wheels started to pay out on a certain number everytime he would replace it.So what makes football any different.He knows whatever happens there will be fans turning up because they love the club. Finally the worse thing about all this he was within touching distance of fulfilling his 5 year plan. How sad for all of us

We were in touching distance if you had a twelve foot arm

#55 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

You're just making things up now. Are you seriously comparing the initial comments made on Cook's appointment to those made when Saunders was announced?

#56 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

No cojones

#57 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

Classy as usual

#58 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 26 November 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

No, but I think it's marginal. The difference being finishing 23rd instead of 24th. I fully expect us to go down this season I'm sorry to say.
If the club believe this is just a blip, that all the fans like a moan but will put up with any only pap and keep coming then what action will they take? None

lol utter tripe cause the club don't believe we will put up with any old tripe but its been three months the club are asking for patients

#59 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

lol utter tripe cause the club don't believe we will put up with any old tripe but its been three months the club are asking for patients

Medical trials?

#60 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 26 November 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

But how else would a club see that the product on the pitch was substandard if not by supporters not coming?
As for patience, DS has apparently the best budget ever by any CFC manager. Why should fans be patient, why shouldnt they expect good football if this be the case?
IMO Morsy will go in Jan, several of the playing staff don't have the best injury records and the conditions are starting to get more challenging. We are in a mess
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users