Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: 2012 Relgation Season - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2012 Relgation Season Davis Moussa etc...

#21 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

Says a lot when James Hurst would probably get in this team, and he was god awful at right back (bar his debut at Orient) but at least he was one.

Frank Moussa would stroll in to our midfield, as would Grounds into that lcb position. Davis I reckon would get in too alongside Morsy.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#22 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostJonB, on 25 November 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Team that lost 1-0 at home to the Blunts on Nov 26th 2011 which is the season in question...

G Fleming
N Trotman
S Ford
S Griffiths
M Allott
(86) L Johnson
(88) T Obadeyi
A Mendy
J Bowery
A Talbot
(87) L Clarke

D Whitaker
D Mattis
(86) C Westcarr
(87) J Lester
(88) D Morgan

Soccerbase is your answer for all these sorts of questions.....

Literal shivers down my spine

#23 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

View Posth again, on 25 November 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

You're quite right - the supply chain is broken. Might not be so bad if the midfield was offering more protection to the defence, but it's failing on both counts.
Basically, Sammy's on his own. The others - no cover for the defence and very little creativity, coupled with Gardner's tendency to lose the ball more than pass it.
And we're now seeing what last season's defence would have been like without Morsy and Ryan in front of them, despite the fact that Evatt is now fitter and more commanding.

Have just watched the highlights on Player and we created chances but not much clear cut. Donny were easily the better side based on those clips and the times we gave the ball away was shocking.
In general: 10 teams have scored fewer goals than us (2 of them are in play off spots), and 3 the same number, so we are mid table on that front - indicating that a reasonable number of the chances created are being taken.
However, only four teams have conceded more goals, so we are strong relegation candidates on that front. It suggests that we don't defend as a team / the midfield doesn't protect the defence adequately, or defenders simply make too many mistakes / aren't good enough.
Midfield isnt looking great in its attacking role but the stats suggest its defensive role is its main problem.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 25 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

#24 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 25 November 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Greg Fleming

Defender Neal Trotman

Defender/Centre back Simon Ford

Defender/Forward Drew Talbot

Defender/Left back Scott Griffiths

Midfielder Lee Johnson

Midfielder Alex Mendy

Midfielder/Forward Mark Allott

Forward Tope Obadeyi

Forward Leon Clarke

Forward Jordan Bowery

tbh - they are both poor teams

Argument settled......

Three players stand out and one of them is already in this seasons team and one of the others has as many pro's and Con's as Armand. so Leon clarke it is then.

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:42 PM

I left a lot early that season as well.

#26 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostJonB, on 25 November 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Griffiths was ok in League 2 but not league 1 but thats old ground we dont need to be covering. Clarke you never know what you are going to get so its a gamble whoever signs him at whatever level. Bowery will split opinion on here but i would have him in this current side. Aside from that the defence, Drew aside, and keeper give you nightmares!

No gamble whatsoever signing Clarke at L1 level as he has been prolific at every L1 club he has been at since us.

#27 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 25 November 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Says a lot when James Hurst would probably get in this team, and he was god awful at right back (bar his debut at Orient) but at least he was one.

James Hurst is currently with Guisley Athletic so think that may be pushing it to suggest he is a league full back!

Frank Moussa would stroll in to our midfield, as would Grounds into that lcb position. Davis I reckon would get in too alongside Morsy.

Thing is there you have picked three players who are now playing regular championship football i believe so not a surprise they would get in our team. They would probably get in most League 1 sides! They were three decent loan signings alongside a lot of muck that season!

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 25 November 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

No gamble whatsoever signing Clarke at L1 level as he has been prolific at every L1 club he has been at since us.

The gamble is how long he decides to stick around for and what sort of influence he seems to have....must be something not right for him to have had the amount of clubs he has had. That said if you look at his record post us bar the spell at Coventry that got him the move to Wolves and a brief spell at Scunny he didnt score that many at the 6 clubs he has had since us.

#29 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostJonB, on 25 November 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

The gamble is how long he decides to stick around for and what sort of influence he seems to have....must be something not right for him to have had the amount of clubs he has had. That said if you look at his record post us bar the spell at Coventry that got him the move to Wolves and a brief spell at Scunny he didnt score that many at the 6 clubs he has had since us.

43 in 63 league 1 games since leaving us? Not bad...

#30 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

Bizarrely scored about 8 goals for Torquay earlier this season - their top scorer.

#31 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 25 November 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

43 in 63 league 1 games since leaving us? Not bad...

43 in 89 by the looks of it to me....just over 1 in two but based heavily on two good spells rather than consistently.

#32 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostJonB, on 25 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

43 in 89 by the looks of it to me....just over 1 in two but based heavily on two good spells rather than consistently.

League 1 games were Scunny, Cov, Crawley and Bury.

Actually 44 in 66. Still not bad....

#33 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 25 November 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

League 1 games were Scunny, Cov, Crawley and Bury.

Actually 44 in 66. Still not bad....

Charlton as well who he joined after his spell with us. He came on as sub for them in their 4-0 win at our place later that season as they cantered to winning the league i think.

I actually think its something inbetween our figures but cant be bothered to add it up again. I also think its not just goal scoring but something else with him. For so many managers to sack him off on loan then permanently suggests an issue and he needs serious handling. Also he scored the majority of those 40 odd in one very good spell with Coventry which skews the figure somewhat as far as the overall total at the other clubs. For example he never scored for Charlton.

This post has been edited by JonB: 25 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

#34 User is offline   BozaSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

I forgot how bad that starting 11 looked from 2012 and I've been slagging this seasons side 🙈

#35 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

View Posth again, on 25 November 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

You're quite right - the supply chain is broken. Might not be so bad if the midfield was offering more protection to the defence, but it's failing on both counts.
Basically, Sammy's on his own. The others - no cover for the defence and very little creativity, coupled with Gardner's tendency to lose the ball more than pass it.
And we're now seeing what last season's defence would have been like without Morsy and Ryan in front of them, despite the fact that Evatt is now fitter and more commanding.

Except, last season we had an exceptional RB, Wood wasn't in the team, and PC preferred not to play Jones after he got stupidly sent off.

View PostJonB, on 25 November 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Griffiths was ok in League 2 but not league 1 but thats old ground we dont need to be covering. Clarke you never know what you are going to get so its a gamble whoever signs him at whatever level. Bowery will split opinion on here but i would have him in this current side. Aside from that the defence, Drew aside, and keeper give you nightmares!

JohnB - I would have preferred Bowery on loan than Wood.

#36 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 25 November 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Argument settled......

Three players stand out and one of them is already in this seasons team and one of the others has as many pro's and Con's as Armand. so Leon clarke it is then.

But, if you are referring to Talbot as a stand-out player he wasn't playing full-back then and he is struggling to play full-back now.

Must say though, I'd take an in form Mark Allott into our midfield now!

#37 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:17 AM

View Postdtp, on 27 November 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

JohnB - I would have preferred Bowery on loan than Wood.

Fixed that for you.... :rolleyes:

Didnt Cook try to get Bowery on loan at one point last season i think it was and they wanted us to pay a massive chunk of his £6k a week wages....cant see that having changed much so was never going to happen

#38 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

Tope Obadeyi. Up there with worst i've seen!
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#39 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 27 November 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

But an unbelievably fast fella. I can remember him knocking the ball past somebody in our own half and absolutely bombing past him down the wing; and then he ended up shooting basically from the byline instead of squaring it to Sir Jack for a tap in.

This post has been edited by ArcticSpireite: 27 November 2015 - 03:13 PM

Happiness is like a cake. Have too much; and you get sick of it.

#40 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 27 November 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

But was doing surprisingly ok for Kilmarnock in the Scottish Prem a few months back (Ive not checked lately)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users