Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Please Please Please Mr Allen - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please Please Please Mr Allen

#21 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 25 November 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

He goes to games surely he can see the rubbish for himself????

AC mentioned that DA had attended the Wlasall game and was pleased with the 'result'(No mention of performance). It's no surpirse he refrained from talking about 442 attacking football in his recenet interview with the Chesterfield Post as them days are long gone!!!
If only....

#22 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 26 November 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

AC mentioned that DA had attended the Wlasall game and was pleased with the 'result'(No mention of performance). It's no surpirse he refrained from talking about 442 attacking football in his recenet interview with the Chesterfield Post as them days are long gone!!!

he(DA)was at FC United as well, so that's two wins he's seen.
The pride of Derbyshire

#23 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

View PostHumpalumpa, on 26 November 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

he(DA)was at FC United as well, so that's two wins he's seen.

At least the performance there was pretty decent and we actually committed men forward and took the game to them.

I’ve a genuine dilemma at the minute as I want to support the club but feel that Dean Saunders is totally the wrong choice.
If only....

#24 User is offline   Half Full 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:59 AM

Just listened to the Chesterfield Post interview with DA following the AGM. He never struck me as someone who would believe in it but apparently the ground has good Feng Shui. Could it be the form this season is down to the Feng Shui being disturbed. Before embarking on any mass protest perhaps we should ensure the toilet seats are all down at kick off and realign the dug outs. It may also be the case that use of long balls up field is linked to following ley lines. Sounds like we need Barabas to work with Saunders to harness the powers correctly.

#25 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 25 November 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Having listened to Dave Allen’s recent interview with the Chesterfield Post, he came across as bullish as ever and no doubt he feels his appointment of Dean Saunders as manager to be the right one. I suppose given his previous 2 appointments it’s fair to say he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

That said, when Saunders was appointed, I did feel wave of disappointment hit me. His sides had never displayed the sort of style we have become accustomed too and it was as though the club had decided to give up on being the ‘Barcelona of the lower leagues’ instead adopting dinosaur tactics.

The contrast between last season and this is so vast it’s almost un-recognisable. The football is dire despite the manager enjoying a superior budget compared to his predecessors. Whilst I was initially sceptical of Paul Cook getting the top job as he was a relative unknown, having seen his Accrington side I felt that with the right backing and time he had the potential to be good. His achievements were nothing short of phenomenal so maybe we’ve been spoilt and it’s our turn to be the mediocre side. Now don’t get me wrong, I can accept losing matches but I want to see us play with a certain swagger. At the moment we are playing a brand football that is hardly going to appeal to the ‘stay aways’. I don’t mind setting up defensively away from home as it should be up to the home side to set the tempo but we seem to be employing the same negative tactics at home as we do away. It’s not like the opposition are anything special so it’s all the more frustrating.

Maybe Saunders proves the majority of us all wrong and Dave Allen right but I think this will all end in disaster and we are simply playing a waiting game whereby Dave Allen eventually realises his stubbornness is costing him even more money.

View PostSkywalker, on 26 November 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

At least the performance there was pretty decent and we actually committed men forward and took the game to them.

I’ve a genuine dilemma at the minute as I want to support the club but feel that Dean Saunders is totally the wrong choice.

Agree with pretty much every word, my friend.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#26 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 25 November 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Having listened to Dave Allen’s recent interview with the Chesterfield Post, he came across as bullish as ever and no doubt he feels his appointment of Dean Saunders as manager to be the right one. I suppose given his previous 2 appointments it’s fair to say he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

That said, when Saunders was appointed, I did feel wave of disappointment hit me. His sides had never displayed the sort of style we have become accustomed too and it was as though the club had decided to give up on being the ‘Barcelona of the lower leagues’ instead adopting dinosaur tactics.

The contrast between last season and this is so vast it’s almost un-recognisable. The football is dire despite the manager enjoying a superior budget compared to his predecessors. Whilst I was initially sceptical of Paul Cook getting the top job as he was a relative unknown, having seen his Accrington side I felt that with the right backing and time he had the potential to be good. His achievements were nothing short of phenomenal so maybe we’ve been spoilt and it’s our turn to be the mediocre side. Now don’t get me wrong, I can accept losing matches but I want to see us play with a certain swagger. At the moment we are playing a brand football that is hardly going to appeal to the ‘stay aways’. I don’t mind setting up defensively away from home as it should be up to the home side to set the tempo but we seem to be employing the same negative tactics at home as we do away. It’s not like the opposition are anything special so it’s all the more frustrating.

Maybe Saunders proves the majority of us all wrong and Dave Allen right but I think this will all end in disaster and we are simply playing a waiting game whereby Dave Allen eventually realises his stubbornness is costing him even more money.

The interview left me wondering why I exist in a parallel universe, called reality.

#27 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

During the 90s & early 2000s it was common to see the same old lags popping up time and time again at lower league clubs. They had uninspiring previous, their football was bog standard percentage stuff, they often proved that having been a good pro player had no bearing on their managerial ability, but they still kept on getting appointed.
Then younger, inexperienced, less well known managers started to do well, play decent football, and the deanosaurs started to become extinct.
Maybe we could start marketing the Proact as a heritage centre. 'Come and See Football as it used to be Played'

#28 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 27 November 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

The interview left me wondering why I exist in a parallel universe, called reality.

To most people Mike, the current situation at the club is an area for great concern but the owner doesn't appear to be overly concerned - baffling!!
If only....

#29 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 27 November 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

To most people Mike, the current situation at the club is an area for great concern but the owner doesn't appear to be overly concerned - baffling!!

And neither do the shareholders.
What do you think DA should do right now? Sack the management? It would surely cost the club a lot of money to replace Saunders, Carey, Crossley and Purchase early into their contracts. It's not as if we are adrift at the bottom at this moment in time.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 27 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

#30 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 27 November 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

The owner isn't concerned because he is quite willing to go down to division 2 cos it's cheaper. If he can keep most of the fan base he's happy.

#31 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 27 November 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

And neither do the shareholders.
What do you think DA should do right now? Sack the management? It would surely cost the club a lot of money to replace Saunders, Carey, Crossley and Purchase early into their contracts. It's not as if we are adrift at the bottom at this moment in time.

You keep having a dig at the share holders...many of us arnt multi millionaire businessmen, we're fans who gained shares from doing all we could and maybe donating a couple of hundred pounds or so in the aftermath of the Darren Brown era when the club was on the verge of extinction. We helped form CFSS and tried to keep the club alive. If this really bugs you then approach the club and see what little investment it would take to become a shareholder, or failing that, remind me this time next year and come along with me to the meeting!
East stand second class citizen.

#32 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 November 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

You keep having a dig at the share holders...many of us arnt multi millionaire businessmen, we're fans who gained shares from doing all we could and maybe donating a couple of hundred pounds or so in the aftermath of the Darren Brown era when the club was on the verge of extinction. We helped form CFSS and tried to keep the club alive. If this really bugs you then approach the club and see what little investment it would take to become a shareholder, or failing that, remind me this time next year and come along with me to the meeting!

While a good number of posters on here have been in meltdown about performances under Saunders, and demanding a revolution, I pointed out that shareholders appeared not to have raised any concerns at the agm about on-the-field matters. I was surprised about that but it was more of an observation than a dig at them.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 27 November 2015 - 11:56 PM

#33 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 November 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

Absolutely sums the current situation!! Well said! We are well and truly in Dave allens hands! Can't believe he is happy with wots happining ! But he still employs the TURNIP! Enough sed
#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users