Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Info From The Agm - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Info From The Agm

#41 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:50 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

He's probably no happier now but he should be richer.

Considering (a bit like SEB) Doyle could break his leg at any point, I am not sure he would choose to see out a contract worth a further £122k when he could sign one worth a guaranteed £1.3m.
Peter Whiteley

#42 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 23 November 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

I think it's pretty irrelevant though. When he has a year and a half left on his contract it is reasonable to ask him to see the season out, and assure him that you'll let him go in the summer. He would've been top scorer in all divisions barring a minor miracle.

Perhaps for balance you should repeat the statistic that came out tonight about Doyle's scoring record immediately prior to him being sold, and let people know that we found out tonight that PC was going to drop him because of poor form.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#43 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:56 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 23 November 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Considering (a bit like SEB) Doyle could break his leg at any point, I am not sure he would choose to see out a contract worth a further £122k when he could sign one worth a guaranteed £1.3m.

He was contracted to the end of this season, not last season. And it isn't his choice whether to honour his contract.

I'm not saying we should have kept him until this season ends, but we damn well should have kept him until the end of what was probably our best season ever. At the very, very, very least he should have been replaced with quality, not a player for 15k who's barely played a game for us.

#44 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 November 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

Perhaps for balance you should repeat the statistic that came out tonight about Doyle's scoring record immediately prior to him being sold, and let people know that we found out tonight that PC was going to drop him because of poor form.

Really? Says who?

The bloke who sold him!?

I've got a lovely beachfront property in Birmingham for sale. PM me for details.

#45 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:09 AM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 23 November 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

He was contracted to the end of this season, not last season. And it isn't his choice whether to honour his contract.

Yes there were 17 months left on his contract but the one at Cardiff was worth ten times the existing one. Which clubs have managed to keep players who have made it clear they want to leave?

You have to be a big club in the top flight to keep a player whose head has been turned which is why Sterling is still at Liverpool.
Peter Whiteley

#46 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:13 AM

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

It helps.

Thank you Mr Mercury for your time and a good reflection of the key points that were discussed and I'm sure that others will 'fill in the gaps' on some of the more detailed financial discussion in particular.

You mentioned the food and no-one thanked the club at the meeting, including me, but it was a nice touch for anyone who had gone from work and not had the chance to eat; for those that know me I'm not good when hungry!

There was a question regarding expenditure of £1.9m I think it was, that the accountant answered by giving an indication of the larger amounts that comprised this amount and it became clear to me that there is a lot of expenditure that, when added together, makes a big dent in the budget.

On the question of ambition Dave Allen was very clear that if someone walks in tomorrow with a cash offer of £9m they would be able to buy the club presumably after the appropriate checks have been carried out. He also said that he was putting in a further £300k this month to support the wage bill.

The £140k that was mentioned on here by Ashley Carson as 'coming out of the woodwork' was in the main money owed to HMRC; this was in respect of the tax that had been deducted from the 2.5% interest paid to directors on loans but hadn't been sent to HMRC. I can't remember what made up the remainder but the total amount of 'unexpected' expenditure had risen to around £225k since it was first mentioned on here. Reference was made to the difference in the amount of interest payments to directors (2.5%) and that paid to the Borough Council (6%); the loan to A&S Leisure it is at a rate of 5%.

It was he first time that I had heard Dean Saunders speak live and I think it went quite well for him but there were very few questions; however, he expanded and moved onto general football stuff at the club in his replies. He stated that Chris Herd had been geeing players up in training today to encourage a positive reaction tomorrow, Sam Morsy is a fantastic professional and gives his all for the club and they are trying to develop an ethos whereby youngsters coming through to the reserves, reserves coming into the first team will all know what is expected of them and therefore the transition will be easier for them.

I enjoyed it more than I thought that I would although it was quite subdued at times. I certainly never expected Dave Allen to be quoting Dean Fidler from the FC Utd. of Manchester programme!

Cheers, Paul.

#47 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:37 AM

View Postforevablue, on 24 November 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

Thank you Mr Mercury for your time and a good reflection of the key points that were discussed and I'm sure that others will 'fill in the gaps' on some of the more detailed financial discussion in particular.

You mentioned the food and no-one thanked the club at the meeting, including me, but it was a nice touch for anyone who had gone from work and not had the chance to eat; for those that know me I'm not good when hungry!

There was a question regarding expenditure of £1.9m I think it was, that the accountant answered by giving an indication of the larger amounts that comprised this amount and it became clear to me that there is a lot of expenditure that, when added together, makes a big dent in the budget.

On the question of ambition Dave Allen was very clear that if someone walks in tomorrow with a cash offer of £9m they would be able to buy the club presumably after the appropriate checks have been carried out. He also said that he was putting in a further £300k this month to support the wage bill.

The £140k that was mentioned on here by Ashley Carson as 'coming out of the woodwork' was in the main money owed to HMRC; this was in respect of the tax that had been deducted from the 2.5% interest paid to directors on loans but hadn't been sent to HMRC. I can't remember what made up the remainder but the total amount of 'unexpected' expenditure had risen to around £225k since it was first mentioned on here. Reference was made to the difference in the amount of interest payments to directors (2.5%) and that paid to the Borough Council (6%); the loan to A&S Leisure it is at a rate of 5%.

It was he first time that I had heard Dean Saunders speak live and I think it went quite well for him but there were very few questions; however, he expanded and moved onto general football stuff at the club in his replies. He stated that Chris Herd had been geeing players up in training today to encourage a positive reaction tomorrow, Sam Morsy is a fantastic professional and gives his all for the club and they are trying to develop an ethos whereby youngsters coming through to the reserves, reserves coming into the first team will all know what is expected of them and therefore the transition will be easier for them.

I enjoyed it more than I thought that I would although it was quite subdued at times. I certainly never expected Dave Allen to be quoting Dean Fidler from the FC Utd. of Manchester programme!

Cheers, Paul.

That seems to suggest there is no money in the bank and there is a cash flow problem. How can this be when we have just sold £2M worth of players. I realise there will be stage payments involved but it doesn't bode well for next year's figures

Can we assume DA now wants £9.3M from one of us, hopefully KevinArnottsGoldenBoot
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#48 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:55 AM

View Postazul, on 24 November 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:

That seems to suggest there is no money in the bank and there is a cash flow problem. How can this be when we have just sold £2M worth of players. I realise there will be stage payments involved but it doesn't bode well for next year's figures

Can we assume DA now wants £9.3M from one of us, hopefully KevinArnottsGoldenBoot

It's very disturbing, all these payments go on to what we owe him. How on earth can we be falling 300k short for just paying wages in a month?
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#49 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:57 AM

Don't worry we are going to win the FA cup

#50 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 24 November 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

Don't worry we are going to win the FA cup

Better not, that would add another million to the debt :o
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#51 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

I'm not melting myself down for a Yorkshireman, on principle.

#52 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 November 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

What a complete and utter lie...drop him for who exactly?
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#53 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 24 November 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

Armand of course.

In summary then, football aside, the business has been utterly mismanaged with little to no control over spending or any understanding of the wider variables involved in running what is now a large company.

All things a decent CEO would keep in check.

#54 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:43 AM

I hope herd shows us no loyalty and goes elsewhere.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#55 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 24 November 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

I'm not melting myself down for a Yorkshireman, on principle.

You are RPL and I claim my £10

#56 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 24 November 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

I agree, I thought CTs comments re Doyles slow down in scoring and the possibility of him being dropped were not only unfair on Doyle ignoring his massive work rate but also said to try to justify the sale! Sadly you can't comment and ask everything in the time allotted. I thought CT let himself down there.
East stand second class citizen.

#57 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:01 AM

CT should stick to his area of expertise;the financials.

#58 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 November 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Armand of course.

In summary then, football aside, the business has been utterly mismanaged with little to no control over spending or any understanding of the wider variables involved in running what is now a large company.

All things a decent CEO would keep in check.

Why, do you think the football side of things is not being utterly mismanaged?

#59 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:06 AM

Mr Mercury said:

1448318426[/url]' post='1162722']
Part 3
Now on to DS.
Been difficult to replace Darikwa, ONeil tried there but as yet that hasn't worked out.
Won't criticise Lee for recent errors saying he's the best keeper in the league.
Says MP Is the best fitness coach in the business, look at how few injuries were having this season, especially muscle injuries.
Still feels the defence is a work in progress, Wood brought in the give help and guidance, and feels that we are shipping silly goals rather than teams over running us. And these will soon iron themselves out.
Raglan is still very much one for the future and Wood will bring him along as well, doesn't feel centre halves mature until around 30 so Raglan has a great career in front of him.

So Charlie got to wait to he's 30 - amazing

#60 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

View Postspireitewolf, on 24 November 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

So Charlie got to wait to he's 30 - amazing

That's not what was said.
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic