Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Info From The Agm - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Info From The Agm

#21 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostCartman, on 23 November 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

cheers

to be fair to DA, football supporters are one group who will demand someone else spends their own money to fund their enjoyment - the no ambition line is a load of nonsense, anyone who thinks we should be paying 8k a week to anyone with our set up at the moment is nuts! So I don't mind him having a go back at someone being stupid! Expect plenty of people to call this 'another attack on the fans' mind

What worries me is how much worse the football is at the moment than it was under Cook or Sheridan, yet we have the biggest budget we've ever had!

Allen has no ambition. That was clear when he pulled the rug on Cooky. There was no need to flog Doyle when we did. None.

He then employs the polar opposite, a man who will do as he's told without causing a fuss. Whose record is urine poor.

Where's the ambition there!? Getting a couple of quid out of a Dee-Dahs pocket is like wrestling a snickers out of SEBs hand.

**I've no problem with him pulling the plug, his money, he can do what he likes with it. But at least be honest, don't rip off 5k season ticket holders and ruin the clubs image at the same time Dave.

This post has been edited by KevinArnottsGoldenBoot: 23 November 2015 - 10:51 PM

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

We should be hoping for Portsmouth to win promotion then if we're due £200k for it.

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 23 November 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

Allen has no ambition. That was clear when he pulled the rug on Cooky. There was no need to flog Doyle when we did. None.

He then employs the polar opposite, a man who will do as he's told without causing a fuss. Whose record is urine poor.

Where's the ambition there!? Getting a couple of quid out of a Dee-Dahs pocket is like wrestling a snickers out of SEBs hand.

He has ambitions not to lose any more money than he's on track to at this rate.

I don't blame him for that.

The decisions that get us to this stage do concern me though.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 23 November 2015 - 10:50 PM

#23 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 23 November 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

I said nothing about 'Porkie Pies' but neither do I subscribe to the 'them up at big house knows best' attitude that many on here adopt. I, like many others, question information that comes out of the club, in very much the same way I question a great many things in life. Common sense really.

Common sense would suggest that when a player is offered four times his salary he's going to leave. Are you suggesting that the Chairman took him to the front door and booted him into the snow?
You're at liberty to disbelieve what you like, and after the incessant sniping that goes on here I'm not surprised, but come on, reality has to intrude sometime. Shame it has to wait for the AGM, but the truth has a way of wriggling out eventually.

#24 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

Part 4
Onto the midfield, he feels that the Herd, Morsy partnership is what he wants. It was asked how confident he was of keeping both players here in the long term. He answered honestly saying he wasn't. Still talking to Morsy re a new deal but it will be difficult if a bid comes in in January. We apparently turned down bids in the summer, but if a player who's out of contract in the summer gets touted by a Championship club who offer 600k the club is in a difficult position.
Regarding Herd, talking about a new deal and hope that he will show a bit of loyalty to the club and Saunders for taking a chance on him after such a long time out injured.
Feels the strikers at the club are quality, SEB was on the verge of a massive wages move to Hull Ciry when he broke his leg..if. He can get 20 goals this season and be a major asset to the club.
Simons is on fire at the moment and for a 19 yr old has a great future in the game. Armand is at Stevenage to basically listen and learn, my take is that he would probably be allowed to move there and it would need a major about turn from all concerned for him to have a future here, but that is my take on it. We tend not to leave anyone up at corners to catch the opposition on the break, and it's easier to defend a crowded box. The last time he left anyone up was at FCUM when he told Ariyibi to stay up and they scored form a corner when he would have been on the line!
We have some great youngsters at the club in Simons, mani Ariyibi, Banks, Raglan etc and these will really come to the fore in the next year to 18 months. We are also trying to buy a talented non league youngster for a fee I believe.
Right my take on it..
It was an informative evening, but it will need others to explain the lack of major profit over the last year for the answers given. I can understand the expense of running the club, but I'm still concerned given how well we've done over the last few years that major inroads haven't been made.
Saunders?, well he certainly talks a good game, and is far more believable than Cook, but until he delivers on the pitch then the jury will always be out, but I warmed to him tonight.
Once again apologies for any misquotes or incorrect figures. Oh and the buffet was very nice.. :D
Goodnight
East stand second class citizen.

#25 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

Where's the ambition there!? Getting a couple of quid out of a Dee-Dahs pocket is like wrestling a snickers out of SEBs hand. So he's not actually put close on 9 million of his own money into this club already then?

**I've no problem with him pulling the plug, his money, he can do what he likes with it. But at least be honest, don't rip off 5k season ticket holders and ruin the clubs image at the same time Dave.

#26 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Common sense would suggest that when a player is offered four times his salary he's going to leave. Are you suggesting that the Chairman took him to the front door and booted him into the snow?
You're at liberty to disbelieve what you like, and after the incessant sniping that goes on here I'm not surprised, but come on, reality has to intrude sometime. Shame it has to wait for the AGM, but the truth has a way of wriggling out eventually.

Doyle wanted to stay (although anyone would go for x4 salary)-wanted to at least see season out.
The club said he was going and where he was going to.
They 'had' to sell quickly and get money in.

That much is what I hear is the truth (not a lot different from DA version but not unite the same)

#27 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

We should be hoping for Portsmouth to win promotion then if we're due £200k for it.

He has ambitions not to lose any more money than he's on track to at this rate.

I don't blame him for that.

The decisions that get us to this stage do concern me though.

I'm not up to speed with acounts and all that business. But aren't their plenty of tax incentives to owning a football club? Aren't we paying interest every year to Allen, whilst the loan remains outstanding?

There's a reason wealthy people buy football clubs, i'm guessing it's not for the love of the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

#28 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:06 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 November 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Doyle wanted to stay (although anyone would go for x4 salary)-wanted to at least see season out.
That much is what I hear is the truth (not a lot different from DA version but not unite the same)

Doyle's agent rang Chris Turner about an hour before Cardiff actually made their bid to tell him they were on the way to Wales for talks

#29 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 23 November 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Doyle's agent rang Chris Turner about an hour before Cardiff actually made their bid to tell him they were on the way to Wales for talks

Yes that was mentioned, Doyle was telling Cook about the deal before the club even knew of Cardiff's approach apparently.
East stand second class citizen.

#30 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 November 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

are you saying that the 'Doyle phoned the manager and said he wanted to go' line is an outright lie then?

#31 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

He didn't pull the rug on Cookie. If anything it was the other way round, but Cook was always going as soon as a decent offer from a bigger club came in, and fair play to him.
There was no need to flog Doyle, but Doyle thought there was, 'cos he was looking at four times the salary. You can insist that a player fulfils his contract, but would you run the risk of a highly un-motivated influence in the dressing room and on the pitch, followed by him leaving for 'nowt at the end of the season?
Why does Dave Allen have to be ambitious to please you? He's already forked out 8 million to provide you with football you never do anything but abuse. If his only ambition is to get his money back he's still done more for this club than anybody else in its history.

#32 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

If Doyle didn't want the deal (unlikely) he'd have surely been within his rights to stay and see out his contract.

I don't believe the 'he didn't want to go' line for a minute.

#33 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Part 4
Onto the midfield, he feels that the Herd, Morsy partnership is what he wants. It was asked how confident he was of keeping both players here in the long term. He answered honestly saying he wasn't. Still talking to Morsy re a new deal but it will be difficult if a bid comes in in January. We apparently turned down bids in the summer, but if a player who's out of contract in the summer gets touted by a Championship club who offer 600k the club is in a difficult position.
Regarding Herd, talking about a new deal and hope that he will show a bit of loyalty to the club and Saunders for taking a chance on him after such a long time out injured.
Feels the strikers at the club are quality, SEB was on the verge of a massive wages move to Hull Ciry when he broke his leg..if. He can get 20 goals this season and be a major asset to the club.
Simons is on fire at the moment and for a 19 yr old has a great future in the game. Armand is at Stevenage to basically listen and learn, my take is that he would probably be allowed to move there and it would need a major about turn from all concerned for him to have a future here, but that is my take on it. We tend not to leave anyone up at corners to catch the opposition on the break, and it's easier to defend a crowded box. The last time he left anyone up was at FCUM when he told Ariyibi to stay up and they scored form a corner when he would have been on the line!
We have some great youngsters at the club in Simons, mani Ariyibi, Banks, Raglan etc and these will really come to the fore in the next year to 18 months. We are also trying to buy a talented non league youngster for a fee I believe.
Right my take on it..
It was an informative evening, but it will need others to explain the lack of major profit over the last year for the answers given. I can understand the expense of running the club, but I'm still concerned given how well we've done over the last few years that major inroads haven't been made.
Saunders?, well he certainly talks a good game, and is far more believable than Cook, but until he delivers on the pitch then the jury will always be out, but I warmed to him tonight.
Once again apologies for any misquotes or incorrect figures. Oh and the buffet was very nice.. :D
Goodnight

Well, he knows his footballers, and I sincerely hope that Herd gets up to Ryan standard. A few weeks ago I thought he was on an upward curve, but I've been less than impressed lately. Fingers crossed, I suppose - it's a long road back after his injuries, and at least we know he's done it in the past.

#34 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

If Doyle didn't want the deal (unlikely) he'd have surely been within his rights to stay and see out his contract.

I think he was probably very happy here, and so he should have been in the form he was in, and in that sense he didn't want to leave, but how could he possibly turn down an offer like that? No brainer, however much he was enjoying himself here.
I'll bet he's beginning to wonder, though.

#35 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:23 PM

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

Well, he knows his footballers, and I sincerely hope that Herd gets up to Ryan standard. A few weeks ago I thought he was on an upward curve, but I've been less than impressed lately. Fingers crossed, I suppose - it's a long road back after his injuries, and at least we know he's done it in the past.

HaHaHa!

Being injured has nothing to do with having a first touch like a barn door!!!

NURSE....

#36 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Part 4
Right my take on it..
Goodnight

He's used to speaking at events similar to these though isn't he. The question here is did he charge the club for another "after dinner speech"?
After all it's a night before a match day again.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#37 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

I think he was probably very happy here, and so he should have been in the form he was in, and in that sense he didn't want to leave, but how could he possibly turn down an offer like that? No brainer, however much he was enjoying himself here.
I'll bet he's beginning to wonder, though.

He's probably no happier now but he should be richer.

#38 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

I think it's pretty irrelevant though. When he has a year and a half left on his contract it is reasonable to ask him to see the season out, and assure him that you'll let him go in the summer. He would've been top scorer in all divisions barring a minor miracle.

As it is, we flogged him when we didn't need to, DA stumped up 15k for the seemingly unplayable harrison and we were left without a striker for the rest of the season.

It was an awful move, which undermined everything we had achieved and was kick in the shins for the fans. I kept going last season, to support the manager and a team who really overachieved. But I'll not throw any more money in Allens pocket this season. Rather go out for a meal or a few beers with the cash.,

#39 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

He didn't pull the rug on Cookie. If anything it was the other way round, but Cook was always going as soon as a decent offer from a bigger club came in, and fair play to him.
There was no need to flog Doyle, but Doyle thought there was, 'cos he was looking at four times the salary. You can insist that a player fulfils his contract, but would you run the risk of a highly un-motivated influence in the dressing room and on the pitch, followed by him leaving for 'nowt at the end of the season?
Why does Dave Allen have to be ambitious to please you? He's already forked out 8 million to provide you with football you never do anything but abuse. If his only ambition is to get his money back he's still done more for this club than anybody else in its history.

He had a season and a half left on his contract. Do try and keep up if you're going to trawl around looking for arguments, otherwise you look a bit silly.

#40 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

He's probably no happier now but he should be richer.

It helps.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users