Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Info From The Agm - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Info From The Agm

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

Part one...
Right then folks here's what I can remember, apologies to anyone I misquote or figures I get wrong..
This seasons budget is 2milion, up from 1.8m last season. This is around the 1/2 way mark in the division.
We do need to sell players to keep the debt down and maybe someone else can go into more detail why this seasons profit was so low.
The players wages went up last season by 20% contractually due to promotion, also they would go down by the same 20% if we got relegated. Also there would be an increase if we went up again!
The four players who left last season all requested to go, there's no way we can match Championship wages. Doyle himself phoned Cook at night to say he wanted to go to Cardiff. The club turned down two derisory bids around 175k then 300k from the same Championship club, my guess is PNE, before Cardiff came in on deadline day with an initial bid of 500k this then, with add ons rose to the million mark.
Doyle was on around 2k here and this went to around 8k at Cardiff. At this point there was a bit of verbal jousting from an attendee and DA regarding lack of ambition. This resulted in a bring me 9million quid and you can have the club exchange..
The training ground upgrade will cost around 250k to 350k so is on the back burner at the minute.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 23 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Part one...
Right then folks here's what I can remember, apologies to anyone I misquote or figures I get wrong..
This seasons budget is 2milion, up from 1.8m last season. This is around the 1/2 way mark in the division.
We do need to sell players to keep the debt down and maybe someone else can go into more detail why this seasons peofit was so low.
The players wages went up last season by 20% contractually due to promotion, also they would go down by the same 20% if we got relegated. Also there would be an increase if we went up again!
The four players who left last season all requested to go, there's no way we can match Championship wages. Doyle himself phoned Cook at night to say he wanted to go to Cardiff. The club turned down two derisory bids around 175k then 300k from the same Championship club, my guess is PNE, before Cardiff came in on deadline day with an initial bid of 500k this then, with add ons rose to the million mark.
Doyle was on around 2k here and this went to around 8k at Cardiff. At this point there was a bit of verbal jousting from an attendee and DA regarding lack of ambition. This resulted in a bring me 9million quid and you can have the club exchange..
The training ground upgrade will cost around 250k to 350k so is on the back burner at the minute.

Thanks for that Mr M.
If only....

#3 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

Cheers.

Wow, the budget has increased to 2m and look at the product on the pitch. Train wreck.

#4 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

Part one...
We do need to sell players to keep the debt down and maybe someone else can go into more detail why this seasons peofit was so low.

Well that got rid of the stupid business about a fire sale, if anybody actually believed the rubbish.

But moving on - - - -

#5 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

Was anything said about the product on the pitch this season?

#6 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

Part one...

We can't match Championship wages so in effect he is saying we will never go up.....

#7 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well that got rid of the stupid business about a fire sale, if anybody actually believed the rubbish.

But moving on - - - -

Does it? Just because someone says one thing doesn't make it true. I think we have to take a great many things in life with a pinch of salt.

#8 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

Part 2.
The club are on the verge of announcing a record sponsorship deal , but no further info at present.
There was some financial discussion regarding the Trust and the East Stand, but il let the ones who better understood this report on the same.
DA said that the top floor of the East stand should have been around 12/15 exec boxes bringing the club an extra 150k a season in rental alone, AND maybe a supporters bar over there!
The council loan, now amounting to 851k, was again discussed with DA once again making the offer that he would write off that amount is the council did the same. He then said how that area of the town had been rejuvenated by the clubs move. And the council themselves are taking 6% interest on the loan.
AC then talked about the mysterious 140k that had to be found this year, this was due to tax payment on directors loans, again I'll let someone with better knowledge explain better than I can.
The question was then asked about sell on deals for Clucas and Darikwa, we got a v good fee for Clucas but only a small sell on for him. Whereas we have a very good sell on clause for Darikwa, no actual percentages were mentioned.
We got compensation for Cook, but not as much as contracted but if he gets Pompey promoted to L1 whilst in charge we get a 200k bonus, and a better bonus if he gets them into the Championship whilst in charge. Towards the end of his time here Cook was apparently asking for a budget this season of 2.5m, which the club quite simply couldn't afford.
The banqueting recorded profit of around 250k for the club which is a fantastic effort.

View PostTyrion, on 23 November 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

Was anything said about the product on the pitch this season?

No it wasn't.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 23 November 2015 - 11:05 PM

#9 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 23 November 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

We can't match Championship wages so in effect he is saying we will never go up.....

Exactly..but you know what going up does not matter if you play with style and without fear and you entertain..unfortunately we have s bottle job manager who is so scared he defends a 1-0 lead after 15 minutes.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#10 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:36 PM

Part one...

cheers

to be fair to DA, football supporters are one group who will demand someone else spends their own money to fund their enjoyment - the no ambition line is a load of nonsense, anyone who thinks we should be paying 8k a week to anyone with our set up at the moment is nuts! So I don't mind him having a go back at someone being stupid! Expect plenty of people to call this 'another attack on the fans' mind

What worries me is how much worse the football is at the moment than it was under Cook or Sheridan, yet we have the biggest budget we've ever had!

#11 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 23 November 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Does it? Just because someone says one thing doesn't make it true. I think we have to take a great many things in life with a pinch of salt.

Wow. The Chairman's telling porkies at the AGM now. Sorry, but when the man in charge confirms what was obvious from the start I tend to believe him.

#12 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

Part 3
Now on to DS.
Been difficult to replace Darikwa, ONeil tried there but as yet that hasn't worked out.
Won't criticise Lee for recent errors saying he's the best keeper in the league.
Says MP Is the best fitness coach in the business, look at how few injuries were having this season, especially muscle injuries.
Still feels the defence is a work in progress, Wood brought in the give help and guidance, and feels that we are shipping silly goals rather than teams over running us. And these will soon iron themselves out.
Raglan is still very much one for the future and Wood will bring him along as well, doesn't feel centre halves mature until around 30 so Raglan has a great career in front of him.

#13 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:42 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 23 November 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

We can go up but we can't sustain it for very long is more accurate
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#14 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostCartman, on 23 November 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

What worries me is how much worse the football is at the moment than it was under Cook or Sheridan, yet we have the biggest budget we've ever had!

I'd guess though that every club in the leagues now have the biggest budget they've ever had though?

#15 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

View Posth again, on 23 November 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Wow. The Chairman's telling porkies at the AGM now. Sorry, but when the man in charge confirms what was obvious from the start I tend to believe him.

I said nothing about 'Porkie Pies' but neither do I subscribe to the 'them up at big house knows best' attitude that many on here adopt. I, like many others, question information that comes out of the club, in very much the same way I question a great many things in life. Common sense really.

#16 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Was actually gonna make a thread about this earlier today but forgot.

What is the case of Liam O'Neill? He looks, erm, a bit rubbish from what I've seen so far. Why did we sign him? Is he gonna come good?

I demand an answer damn it.

#17 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

View Postazul, on 23 November 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

We can go up but we can't sustain it for very long is more accurate

I only want one season i am not greedy...

#18 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 November 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

I'd guess though that every club in the leagues now have the biggest budget they've ever had though?

maybe, maybe not

but the product we are seeing for a 200k increase (after an increase last season due to promotion) doesn't sit right

#19 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Part 2.
The club are on the verge of announcing a record sponsorship deal , but no further info at present.
There was some financial discussion regarding the Trust and the East Stand, but il let the ones who better understood this report on the same.
DA said that the top floor of the East stand should have been around 12/15 exec boxes bringing the club an extra 150k a season in rental alone, AND maybe a supporters bar over there!
The council loan, now amounting to 851k, was again discussed with DA once again making the offer that he would write off that amount is the council did the same. He then said how that area of the town had been rejuvenated by the clubs move. And the council themselves are taking 6% interest on the loan.
AC then talked about the mysterious 140k that had to be found this year, this was due to tax payment on directors loans, again I'll let someone with better knowledge explain better than I can.
The question was then asked about sell on deals for Clucas and Darikwa, we got a v good fee for Clucas but only a small sell on for him. Whereas we have a very good sell on clause for Darikwa, no actual percentages were mentioned.
We got compensation for Cook, but not as much as contracted but if he gets Pompey promoted to L1 whilst in charge we get a 200k bonus, and a better bonus if he gets them into the Championship whilst in charge. Towards the end of his time here Cook was apparently asking for a budget this season of 2.5m, which the club quite simply afford.
The banqueting recorded profit of around 250k for the club which is a fantastic effort.

No it wasn't.

Thanks for your efforts, Mercury. Us idle so and so's don't deserve you.

#20 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Part 3
Now on to DS.
Been difficult to replace Darikwa, ONeil tried there but as yet that hasn't worked out.
Won't criticise Lee for recent errors saying he's the best keeper in the league.
Says MP Is the best fitness coach in the business, look at how few injuries were having this season, especially muscle injuries.
Still feels the defence is a work in progress, Wood brought in the give help and guidance, and feels that we are shipping silly goals rather than teams over running us. And these will soon iron themselves out.
Raglan is still very much one for the future and Wood will bring him along as well, doesn't feel centre halves mature until around 30 so Raglan has a great career in front of him.

Wood brought in to give help and guidance and to assist in Raglans development. I would have though Evo would have been ideal for that role???

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users