Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chris Turner Speaks - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chris Turner Speaks crowds of 18000 needed to break even....

#21 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 30 July 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I thought it was a good interview but this is also the bit I found surprising. He said that this is the first year we'll not have to increase the debt (understandably given the player sales) but he didn't indicate that it would be reducing either. The accounts will make fascinating reading for sure. Certainly having to find c.£2m of saleable assets per year is not a sustainable business model.

It is surely apparent after all these years that CT is far from his comfort zone on accounting matters. The interview in my opinion throws up several questions which an accountant would take in his stride, but which CT struggles with.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#22 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

It is surely apparent after all these years that CT is far from his comfort zone on accounting matters. The interview in my opinion throws up several questions which an accountant would take in his stride, but which CT struggles with.

He's not in charge of the club accounts is he surely?

#23 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

Dave In Footie Heaven said:

1438247244[/url]' post='1133292']
Kin'ell how do you have debts coming out of the woodwork that you arn't aware of. Unbelievable really.

Agree with that comment

#24 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 30 July 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

He said that a few weeks after the sale of Cooper. Make no mistake, the club is trading at a huge loss, only made sustainable by selling players.

Including/excluding player sales.

Theses massive trading losses only seem to have occurred since our move away from Saltergate and in particular the last few 2 or 3 years

Does anyone have an idea why that is?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#25 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

azul said:

1438248030[/url]' post='1133307']
Theses massive trading losses only seem to have occurred since our move away from Saltergate and in particular the last few 2 or 3 years

Does anyone have an idea why that is?

Poor business model? Lack of monitoring/KPI? Lack of accountability? Weak leadership? Poor skill sets in key areas?Overestimating the size of the business?

we still made losses at Saltergate.
A new hope.

#26 User is offline   BozaSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

Basically were never going to get the debt any lower

#27 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 30 July 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Poor business model? Lack of monitoring/KPI? Lack of accountability? Weak leadership? Poor skill sets in key areas?Overestimating the size of the business?

we still made losses at Saltergate.

Well unless you include the DB era or the reckless spending of Cox, not of these magnitudes

We have sold over 2.5M of players in a year and Turner invaded a simple question about debt reduction, opting for a statement saying well the chairman hasn't had to put money in the year. At this stage of the financial year you'd expect them to have a very good idea. Perhaps he wants to keep all the good news back for the AGM thus increasing the sense of euphoria

This post has been edited by azul: 30 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

#28 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

View Postazul, on 30 July 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

We have sold over 2.5M of players in a year and Turner invaded a simple question about debt reduction, opting for a statement saying well the chairman hasn't had to put money in the year.

the most obvious contradiction was that he said the budget is the same as last year, but he also said DS had more money to spend on better players, having bided his time.

There was also the statement that the Development school is an independent company. Are they paying wages to players who turn out for the CFC first team?. Does any money go out of CFC into the Development School company, or t'other way?.

#29 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

the most obvious contradiction was that he said the budget is the same as last year, but he also said DS had more money to spend on better players, having bided his time.

There was also the statement that the Development school is an independent company. Are they paying wages to players who turn out for the CFC first team?. Does any money go out of CFC into the Development School company, or t'other way?.

If the development school is the further education college course (Btec or vocational) then it will be funded by grants not the club.
These college courses are everywhere now and have generally nothing to do with the club (apart from some club kit).
It's basically selling the dream for a few misguided boys (and parents) for a few more years.....

#30 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

There was a lack of clarity over these points. I suspect that he was saying that the basic budget had remained the same as last year but has now been increased as a result of the outgoings, not entirely clear though. Agree with you about the DS confusion too, he didn't help clear that up!

Overall a very positive interview and credit to him for trying to keep us as well informed as possible.

#31 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 30 July 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

If the development school is the further education college course (Btec or vocational) then it will be funded by grants not the club.
These college courses are everywhere now and have generally nothing to do with the club (apart from some club kit).
It's basically selling the dream for a few misguided boys (and parents) for a few more years.....

I don't believe that Jake Orrell is interested in further education, or that his mam and dad are paying for him to Play for CFC.

#32 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 30 July 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

Kin'ell how do you have debts coming out of the woodwork that you arn't aware of. Unbelievable really.

Past promises with documents to substantiate the claims which were not disclosed on sale, still makes Chesterfield FC accountable.

One was something made over 10 years ago which was due payment this year.

Payment now but court proceedings to happen so I'm being informed.

#33 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

I don't believe that Jake Orrell is interested in further education, or that his mam and dad are paying for him to Play for CFC.

Development squad or development school?
(ie. College education course 'linked' with the club)?

#34 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

I'm hearing worrying things over the Development Centre and certain unpaid monies...

#35 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'm hearing worrying things over the Development Centre and certain unpaid monies...

Who ownes/runs the developement squad.
God I hate this league.

#36 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

azul said:

1438250872[/url]' post='1133329']
Well unless you include the DB era or the reckless spending of Cox, not of these magnitudes

We have sold over 2.5M of players in a year and Turner invaded a simple question about debt reduction, opting for a statement saying well the chairman hasn't had to put money in the year. At this stage of the financial year you'd expect them to have a very good idea. Perhaps he wants to keep all the good news back for the AGM thus increasing the sense of euphoria

Yes, your right. My views on the clubs finances, based on what 3 or 4 folk tell me is well documented here. My chum from boza included.

I would also say that the Clucas fee would be included in this years accounts, so that might explain why CT was cautious.

Goku said:

1438252440[/url]' post='1133347']

....yep.

Who's the director of this venture?
A new hope.

#37 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

If the development centre goes tits up, they'll be no place to hide for CT after what he said yesterday about it being his big idea and how he had to force it through in the teeth of opposition at the club.

#38 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:51 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

He claimed 3 players have emerged from this development centre.....

Ovonwigun (which amazed me as I though he came straight from Brentford), Miles and he thought someone else had that he couldn't remember (tut)

#39 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

View Postazul, on 30 July 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

He claimed 3 players have emerged from this development centre.....

Ovonwigun (which amazed me as I though he came straight from Brentford), Miles and he thought someone else had that he couldn't remember (tut)

I was playing FIFA whilst I was listening to his interview so I missed a few bits - did he honestly say this? Also quoting Wright as some sort of success is very amusing although sadly I must be a c**ktease and not go into precisely why.

#40 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

View Postazul, on 30 July 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

If the development centre goes tits up, they'll be no place to hide for CT after what he said yesterday about it being his big idea and how he had to force it through in the teeth of opposition at the club.

I know nowt about it, but if it is independent of CFC and it goes tits up, then he doesn't have to hide. He's a director of a private venture that's failed - unless of course CFC has lent money to the DC.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users