Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#1501 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostSomerset Spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Well, if I were in their shoes and felt aggrieved by what he said then I would feel I had no option BUT to respond. A public criticism requires either a public rebuttal or a public apology.

Yes, I'd agree - even though I've only half-followed this story (following it is a bit like cutting the heads off the Hydra) but I think this principle applies to the club as well and it strikes me that unless CT was sure of his footing, he wouldn't come back with such a robust statement.

This post has been edited by Phil V 72: 24 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#1502 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

The gyms garbage according to a few people I know who've used it,
Hardly any Dumbbells etc

How many do you need?

#1503 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 May 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

How many do you need?

Poor selection I should've said, think they said they went up to about 18kg lol
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#1504 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 May 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

How many do you need?

48s or bust

#1505 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

question regarding paying money back for the Paris trip

I've read a few times that the parents made the decision to cancel this trip due to security fears

If this is true then surely we're all being a bit harsh condemning the PPP for slow refunds as they probably would not be refunded by the travel company, and if parents made the decision to cancel then perhaps they are being a bit unreasonable expecting full refunds - in fact it would explain some of the losses if parents are being paid back in full when the PPP won't be able to claim a refund from the travel company

If you book a holiday and cancel it yourself you are unlikely to be refunded in full

Apologies if I'm off the mark here and there are obviously a load of other problems over the road but just want to understand everything that is being leveled at the 'questionable enterprise'

#1506 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

Who was the travel company?

#1507 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

question regarding paying money back for the Paris trip

I've read a few times that the parents made the decision to cancel this trip due to security fears

If this is true then surely we're all being a bit harsh condemning the PPP for slow refunds as they probably would not be refunded by the travel company, and if parents made the decision to cancel then perhaps they are being a bit unreasonable expecting full refunds - in fact it would explain some of the losses if parents are being paid back in full when the PPP won't be able to claim a refund from the travel company

Apologies if I'm off the mark here

Yes you are a little way off the mark.
The money tied into this tour had been moved for some parents no less than 3 times before, from cancelled tours to Wales,, MIC and the psg tour that was cancelled last September due October.
The parents money had been held in credit in some cases for years.
The DC has an obligation to pay those parents back when their money has been distributed elsewhere, when it was paid in faith for a tour CFC development didn't provide 3 times in a row.

Plus the 'security fears' were raised by the club in an email, not by the parents themselves. No other schools or clubs that have been researched are known to have cancelled over this even the ones going to closer areas.

Hope that clears a few things up for you.

#1508 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 24 May 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Yes you are a little way off the mark.
The money tied into this tour had been moved for some parents no less than 3 times before, from cancelled tours to Wales,, MIC and the psg tour that was cancelled last September due October.
The parents money had been held in credit in some cases for years.
The DC has an obligation to pay those parents back when their money has been distributed elsewhere, when it was paid in faith for a tour CFC development didn't provide 3 times in a row.

Plus the 'security fears' were raised by the club in an email, not by the parents themselves. No other schools or clubs that have been researched are known to have cancelled over this even the ones going to closer areas.

Hope that clears a few things up for you.

sure I read the decision to cancel was taken and ratified by the parents

fair enough in the monies being tied up, but I can still see why refunds might take time given that if travel company was paid for the trip they would not refund the money on cancellation

does all seem pretty murky to me though, lots more questions than answers

#1509 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

sure I read the decision to cancel was taken and ratified by the parents

fair enough in the monies being tied up, but I can still see why refunds might take time given that if travel company was paid for the trip they would not refund the money on cancellation

does all seem pretty murky to me though, lots more questions than answers

Yes, the decision was made ultimately to cancel the tour in a meeting with parents, a week AFTER the DC emailed parents to say they had concerns
As far as parents were concerned the trip was going ahead as planned until they received that email from DC first

#1510 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 24 May 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yes, the decision was made ultimately to cancel the tour in a meeting with parents, a week AFTER the DC emailed parents to say they had concerns
As far as parents were concerned the trip was going ahead as planned until they received that email from DC first

I think the email is immaterial really, in fact it seems a good thing to highlight concerns

It doesn't look like the cancellation was forced on the parents - DC made them aware of concerns, parents decided to cancel - sorry, just cannot see anything wrong with that as a process

unless you are saying that the DC wanted the trip cancelled so they could potentially keep the money, which also doesn't seem the case as they are slowly paying it back apparently

The trip cancellation and speed of refunds due to money having been paid to a travel company that wouldn't have been refunded looks like the least of the DCs issues to be honest

More worried about how they have managed to lose so much money and be 77k in the hole, even if they pay back 35 families £650 that's only just over 20 grand, how have they managed to lose the rest?

This post has been edited by Cartman: 24 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

#1511 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 23 May 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Should i have heard of 'Oxford Academy'?

View Postdim view, on 24 May 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Why would Oxford be selected as a 'partner' when Chesterfield College does the same thing?

It might be worth a parent asking about, or for a copy of the Oxford Syllabus. It could make for entertaining reading.

CT says he sees it as "a young person going to University. The thing is, they should be studying higher than the BTEC level 3 - equivalent to A-Levels, remember - he says 'graduates' of the academy will leave with in summer.

I asked my missus to ask her colleagues about the syllabus (she's an international school teacher). She and her colleagues are aware of the University of Cambridge international exams (IGCSE's and A-levels), but not an Oxford Syllabus. It could be somewhere, but possibly very small. Oxford University Press produces GCSE resource and text books for different exam boards.

Another ruse from CT, perhaps? How many overseas parents would be dazzled by the IA that is a separate legal entity to CFC, but does have a link to the name of a very historic and prestigious educational institute?

#1512 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

do they say the BTEC is equivalent to 3 A levels an all?

can't see that being correct

#1513 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:26 PM

I think universitys are taking in more btec students than they previously had , i believe an increase of 16 % .It does say equivelant to 3 A levels but i believe its the banding of the btec and they are worth between 1 and 3
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#1514 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

CT himself says this, from the article already linked:

In the next six weeks, a number of players/students will be leaving the PPP, at the end of their two-year course.
These players/students will be leaving with a BTEC Level 3 in Sport, which is equivalent to three ‘A’ Levels.
From July 1, over 40 players/students from various countries will be based at the CFC Village.

#1515 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

I don't do 'Facebook', but I'm told by someone who does that folk on there are challenging Turner's statement.

Infact at least one parent owed money is apparently claiming they've yet to receive what's due.

Is this true?

To be fair Turner did say twenty five had been refunded whilst it's been suggested there were more than that, which would explain the discrepancy.

Can't help feeling it's just another clumsy attempt at spin if that's the case, though.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1516 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

I think the email is immaterial really, in fact it seems a good thing to highlight concerns

It doesn't look like the cancellation was forced on the parents - DC made them aware of concerns, parents decided to cancel - sorry, just cannot see anything wrong with that as a process

unless you are saying that the DC wanted the trip cancelled so they could potentially keep the money, which also doesn't seem the case as they are slowly paying it back apparently

The trip cancellation and speed of refunds due to money having been paid to a travel company that wouldn't have been refunded looks like the least of the DCs issues to be honest

More worried about how they have managed to lose so much money and be 77k in the hole, even if they pay back 35 families £650 that's only just over 20 grand, how have they managed to lose the rest?

The £77k debt is from the previous accounting period.

Therefore the approx £23k owed for the PSG is in fact further to that figure.

#1517 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

A level 3 BTEC is worth the same ucas points as 3 'A' levels.

#1518 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

It might be worth a parent asking about, or for a copy of the Oxford Syllabus. It could make for entertaining reading.

CT says he sees it as "a young person going to University. The thing is, they should be studying higher than the BTEC level 3 - equivalent to A-Levels, remember - he says 'graduates' of the academy will leave with in summer.

I asked my missus to ask her colleagues about the syllabus (she's an international school teacher). She and her colleagues are aware of the University of Cambridge international exams (IGCSE's and A-levels), but not an Oxford Syllabus. It could be somewhere, but possibly very small. Oxford University Press produces GCSE resource and text books for different exam boards.

Another ruse from CT, perhaps? How many overseas parents would be dazzled by the IA that is a separate legal entity to CFC, but does have a link to the name of a very historic and prestigious educational institute?

Oxford Academy is most definitely a state run secondary school just outside the city.

I fail to see any possible link ?

#1519 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

The gyms garbage according to a few people I know who've used it,
Hardly any Dumbbells etc

Off the top of my head I can't remember but I'm sure it's more than 18kg.Ther are other resistance machines and barbells for the bigger muscle groups.18k dumbells would be enough for the smaller muscle groups like biceps/triceps.delts etc if you isolate the muscle properly and use correct form unless someone's a tight tshirt roid head

This post has been edited by Rodney's Moustache: 24 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

#1520 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 22 May 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

D1SM.CO.UK appears to be the latest business venture of Dennis Patrick Bingham / William Henry Bonney who recently publicly stated he had severed all links with the DC/PPP.

Worryingly this latest businesses website is advertising football training camps for this summer with a photograph taken outside the Proact of a former scholar of the Genova International School of Soccer in full DC/PPP kit complete with CFC badge.

Does this mean there are actually still links between this character and the DC/PPP or is this a case of deliberate misrepresentation ?

Would anyone at the DC/PPP or CFC 2001 Ltd care to reply and clarify this situation ?

William Henry Bonney was the real name of Billy the Kid.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users