Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Would Have Liked To See Us Go For The Jugular - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Would Have Liked To See Us Go For The Jugular

#1 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

Thought we played well for last 25 mins of first half but for me the game was really over as a contest once Fleetwood went down to 10 men.

Second half was a formality but I would have liked us to have stepped up the tempo and given them a real hiding. Not only would it improve the goal difference but would have helped destroy Fleetwoods confidence.

We ended up keeping loads of possession but not really making many chances until the last 10 mins when they were knackered.

I'm not bemoaning the performance but Fleetwood were very poor and I think we ought to have kept up the intensity of our play rather than star playing endless sideways passes. Should have really hit them for six.

Darikwa my MOM. Played with power and a confidence that was his best performance for months.

#2 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

View Postpaulwardle, on 28 February 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Thought we played well for last 25 mins of first half but for me the game was really over as a contest once Fleetwood went down to 10 men.

Second half was a formality but I would have liked us to have stepped up the tempo and given them a real hiding. Not only would it improve the goal difference but would have helped destroy Fleetwoods confidence.

We ended up keeping loads of possession but not really making many chances until the last 10 mins when they were knackered.

I'm not bemoaning the performance but Fleetwood were very poor and I think we ought to have kept up the intensity of our play rather than star playing endless sideways passes. Should have really hit them for six.

Darikwa my MOM. Played with power and a confidence that was his best performance for months.

Tbh with a bit more clinical finishing that could easily have run out a 4,5-0 victory, but ultimately after the recent blip the most important thing was the three points and I thought we achieved that without too much fuss, in fact with a lot more style than most of us would have accepted, given recent struggles..so hey ho..I'm happy!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 01 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#3 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 March 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Tbh with a bit more clinical finishing that could easily have run out a 4,5-0 victory, but ultimately after the recent blip the most important thing was the three points and I thought we archived that without too much fuss, in fact with a lot more style than most of us would have accepted, given recent struggles..so hey ho..I'm happy!

Three sitters missed and the same number of decent chances gone begging

Could easily have been 5 but like you happy with 3
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#4 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

We created enough chances to score at least 7 - Hird had a good header cleared off the line, Roberts put a good chance straight at the keeper, and Harrison and Lavery missed another 3 or 4 between them.

#5 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

Give over.....we were a team on a massive downer, totally devoid of any confidence and that showed for the 1st 20 minutes or so.....but as we grew into the game and then got the 1st goal it was like the cloud lifted and we were back.....back to the neat quick passing we have seen so much of......second half they sat back more understandably which is something we have struggled to breakdown all season....but still made chances and eventually another goal.....harrison really should have added to the tally but didn't sadly as goal will do him good......all in all a crackin confidence booster going into a very tough tues game against a team who lost unexpectedly on satdi and will be looking to bounce back.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#6 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 March 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Tbh with a bit more clinical finishing that could easily have run out a 4,5-0 victory, but ultimately after the recent blip the most important thing was the three points and I thought we achieved that without too much fuss, in fact with a lot more style than most of us would have accepted, given recent struggles..so hey ho..I'm happy!

Three point more important. After being reduced to ten men Fleetwood were finished as an attacking force. In fact the back were able to play the game as if it were a practice match. I don't think Evatt has had an easier game in his whole career.

#7 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Tbf the 3rd goal gained us a place in the table anyway.

#8 User is offline   The informer 

• Mr Grumpy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc, West Ham fc,

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

[quote name='valemadness' timestamp='1425204350' post='1091377']
Tbf the 3rd goal gained us a place in the table anyway.
[/quote It just goes to show that we don't really need a target man up front, The last 3 game we have been hoofing the ball out of defence trying to find armand and it did not work, Cookie went back to basics giving us football that we have become used to and it paid off. It is nice to see that we now have a player with pace in Bolly.Harrison looks like he is one for development and looked a bit lethargic today. Overall though this was a good performance with TD outstanding.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users