Tommy's Save

#1 User is offline   TrueBlue Steve 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Following my beloved town!
    Trying to reduce me handicap at golf

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

The save in the first couple of minutes, fantastic agility from Tommy and a massive turning point, had that gone in, own goal, heads would have dropped, we would have probably lost and this board would have gone in melt down.

#2 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

sam hird appeared to have no intention of winning the header prior to that dave, more interested in putting the centre forward off
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#3 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostTrueBlue Steve, on 28 February 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

The save in the first couple of minutes, fantastic agility from Tommy and a massive turning point, had that gone in, own goal, heads would have dropped, we would have probably lost and this board would have gone in melt down.

Thought it was a bit of a "television save" myself. Tommy had plenty of time to save it, no great pace on the ball. Tommy I'm sure would have been disappointed if it had gone in.

#4 Guest_mikethespire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostFreddie, on 28 February 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Thought it was a bit of a "television save" myself. Tommy had plenty of time to save it, no great pace on the ball. Tommy I'm sure would have been disappointed if it had gone in.

Agreed. It was a real slow motion save and I thought he was going to come collect it from the cross. Quiet day for Tommy today thank god.

#5 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

View PostFreddie, on 28 February 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Disagree - from right behind the goal you could see Tommy was wrong - footed and going the wrong way because Hird didn't mean to head the ball - it hit his head and rebounded to Tommy's left as he was moving to the right. Tommy did well to adjust his balance, change direction, and just reach it in time.

#6 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

View Postsophocles, on 01 March 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

Disagree - from right behind the goal you could see Tommy was wrong - footed and going the wrong way because Hird didn't mean to head the ball - it hit his head and rebounded to Tommy's left as he was moving to the right. Tommy did well to adjust his balance, change direction, and just reach it in time.

The folk around me all thought that the whole incident was caused by Tommy's indecision in failing to deal with the ball in. Hey ho. This was a fine example of how quickly confidence can flood back.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#7 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Tbf to tommy....i would have been hard for him to come and claim that cleanly....what with our 2 CB'S and their attacker all focused on the ball ......big chance of things going wrong.....correct decision to stay back imo
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users