Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Greetings From Tropical Scotland - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Greetings From Tropical Scotland Get in there!!

#1 User is offline   Jackolt 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hello fellow Spireites, due to limited finances and booking our first holiday since my operation without anticipating a rearranged Bradford fixture, I am now in a freezing cold caravan in Nairn, North East Scotland.

Fortunately we managed to follow the whole game by BBC Football text updates. Fantastic result - given we live in exile just north of Bradford anyway (when we're not sunning ourselves in Scotland) and the first game I saw after my heart Op was Bradford City at the Proact, where I saw them cheat their way to a very undeserved victory.

It was in the end a wonderful night. Strangely, given we were walking around in a blizzard on the beach in sub zero temperatures only this afternoon. Yes, the night became idyllically tropical around 9.50pm, with the gentle fragrances of summer intermingling with the lilting sound of Hawaiian guitars on the warm breeze.

Must come up here more often!

#2 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostJackolt, on 31 March 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Hello fellow Spireites, due to limited finances and booking our first holiday since my operation without anticipating a rearranged Bradford fixture, I am now in a freezing cold caravan in Nairn, North East Scotland.

Fortunately we managed to follow the whole game by BBC Football text updates. Fantastic result - given we live in exile just north of Bradford anyway (when we're not sunning ourselves in Scotland) and the first game I saw after my heart Op was Bradford City at the Proact, where I saw them cheat their way to a very undeserved victory.

It was in the end a wonderful night. Strangely, given we were walking around in a blizzard on the beach in sub zero temperatures only this afternoon. Yes, the night became idyllically tropical around 9.50pm, with the gentle fragrances of summer intermingling with the lilting sound of Hawaiian guitars on the warm breeze.

Enjoy!
I've been grudgingly cynical ths season.
However, we are in the mix. Big time.
Play offs are possible.
COYB
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#3 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostJackolt, on 31 March 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Hope your not expecting to get through Checkpoint Yorkshire without a full cavity search after that result.
God I hate this league.

#4 User is offline   Jackolt 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

Don't worry Dave I've long learnt the art of appearing like a Yorkshireman by acting mean, tight bothered and self opinionated, whilst speaking in my best North East Derbyshire accent which most of them aren't bright enough to distinguish from a Yorkshire accent. On the occasions I manage to get any of them drunk I confuse them greatly by saying, "yes, I just love God's own county... Derbyshire" 😎😎

PS: I didn't say "tight bothered" (morality spell checker I assume) but you probably know what I really said!

#5 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostJackolt, on 01 April 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Don't worry Dave I've long learnt the art of appearing like a Yorkshireman by acting mean, tight bothered and self opinionated, whilst speaking in my best North East Derbyshire accent which most of them aren't bright enough to distinguish from a Yorkshire accent. On the occasions I manage to get any of them drunk I confuse them greatly by saying, "yes, I just love God's own county... Derbyshire" 😎😎

PS: I didn't say "tight bothered" (morality spell checker I assume) but you probably know what I really said!

We haven't got a mention on Look North yet, lol.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users