• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Board Rules

#1 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:47 PM

I am sure no one posts on here without reading the guidelines. You will know that despite not being an official Club message board that we are underwritten by the CFSS and consider our position to be analogous to an official forum.

We are generally supportive of the Club but recognise that the history of the Society means we have a governance role.

What we cannot be is a medium that allows indiscriminate abuse or comments that are libelous. it is rare that actions needs taking but describing individuals as crooks, liars or shysters will have repercussions.

So far today I believe there have only been warnings rather than bans. However it takes much more time to hand out warnings and impose checks than it does to ban users! For that reason patience might wear thin.

None of the moderators wants to increase the voluntary input by getting into debates about their actions. I expect there are other forums out there if you are too unhappy.
Peter Whiteley

#2 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

Close the board down then! What's the point if u as a moderator suck up to them!!
#notapennymore

#3 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:04 AM

It does not take more time to warn users, that's a lie. It's the exact same amount of time, you still need to click the ban/warn button and you still need to write a PM out explaining why it was done. Your time ain't that precious.

You're not analogous to an official forum, the club officially cut ties with this forum years ago hence why the Bridge Inn stepped in to provide funding.

If you're not willing to get into debates about your actions maybe you and your pals should consider your positions as moderator because as I presume a bunch of decent human beings you should be willing to discuss your actions as a minimum. We're all humans, dialogue should be encouraged, your like it or lump it approach is distasteful, ugly and not conducive to open discussion which is pretty much the point of a forum.

Feel free to have your patience worn thin by this post.

This post has been edited by Goku: 11 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

#4 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostGoku, on 11 February 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

It does not take more time to warn users, that's a lie. It's the exact same amount of time, you still need to click the ban/warn button and you still need to write a PM out explaining why it was done. Your time ain't that precious.

You're not analogous to an official forum, the club officially cut ties with this forum years ago hence why the Bridge Inn stepped in to provide funding.

If you're not willing to get into debates about your actions maybe you and your pals should consider your positions as moderator because as I presume a bunch of decent human beings you should be willing to discuss your actions as a minimum. We're all humans, dialogue should be encouraged, your like it or lump it approach is distasteful and ugly.

Well said! I smell a rat!
#notapennymore

#5 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:13 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 10 February 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

We are generally supportive of the Club but recognise that the history of the Society means we have a governance role.

Genuine question - what does this mean, exactly?
頑張れ日本!!!

#6 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

But a certain someone at the club has proved time and time again they're a liar.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 11 February 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

re 2001 presumably, DB etc.

#8 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:42 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 11 February 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

But a certain someone at the club has proved time and time again they're a liar.

There's fact, libel and invasion of privacy.
I;m sure a more temperate approach to debate is not within reason. It's either the sun or daily mail folks

#9 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 11 February 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

It means that the Mods policy is to encourage posters to scrutinise the actions of anyone in the CFC hierarchy....which is exactly what Chris S has been allowed to do.
The rules of the board are easy to understand and any reasonable, mature, point of view can be expressed without repercussions.
Carry on the good work Pete.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#10 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostGoku, on 11 February 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

If you're not willing to get into debates about your actions maybe you and your pals should consider your positions as moderator because as I presume a bunch of decent human beings you should be willing to discuss your actions as a minimum. We're all humans, dialogue should be encouraged, your like it or lump it approach is distasteful, ugly and not conducive to open discussion which is pretty much the point of a forum.

Feel free to have your patience worn thin by this post.

Re your first point, I read it that he meant the time consuming part was imposing checks on somebody who has been warned, rather than just banning somebody who will then take up no time at all.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#11 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 10 February 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

I am sure no one posts on here without reading the guidelines. You will know that despite not being an official Club message board that we are underwritten by the CFSS and consider our position to be analogous to an official forum.

What we cannot be is a medium that allows indiscriminate abuse or comments that are libelous. it is rare that actions needs taking but describing individuals as crooks, liars or shysters will have repercussions.

So far today I believe there have only been warnings rather than bans. However it takes much more time to hand out warnings and impose checks than it does to ban users! For that reason patience might wear thin.

None of the moderators wants to increase the voluntary input by getting into debates about their actions. I expect there are other forums out there if you are too unhappy.

Not that i am unhappy i come on every now and again and read what i want and post what i want but you cannot close your account and leave...... trapped.com.....

#12 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:25 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 11 February 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Re your first point, I read it that he meant the time consuming part was imposing checks on somebody who has been warned, rather than just banning somebody who will then take up no time at all.

Thats how i read it.....ban someone is simple and then no further work, to warn someone and then have it so their posts are checked prior to posting is far more time consuming.

#13 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostDema Reborn, on 11 February 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Not that i am unhappy i come on every now and again and read what i want and post what i want but you cannot close your account and leave...... trapped.com.....

dontlogon.com

#14 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

If you want to leave just go, no need to close your account just stop using it and the board.

#15 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

Just to clarify, how can something be libelous if it can be proven to be true...again and again and again?

#16 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Didn't know CFSS exist anymore to underwrite anything. While I agree libelous posts etc should be taken down off the board moderators should be careful of not banning posts simple because they don't agree with them otherwise your in danger of creating a different problem. Fans get angry sometimes with the way the club is run surely some questions need to be debated.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#17 User is offline   newbold ken 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

View Poststarsky72, on 11 February 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Just to clarify, how can something be libelous if it can be proven to be true...again and again and again?

That's the thing though , the defendant in a defamation case has to prove it is true , not always that easy .

#18 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

such a thick thing to say
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#19 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

Can I put in my comments re Pete ,

Firstly I would be no good as a moderator , that is why I get in so much trouble - at home and at work - I often open my mouth and say what everyone else is thinking but are too sensible to say !

For instance when my team were getting a " rollocking " from our senior managers I got in trouble from my immediate managers for defending them / being aggressive - my managers exact words were " you should have told them the bulshit they want to hear " .

Anyway less of that , though it was cathartic posting it .

In all my dealings with him he appears to be a very morally honest deep thinker who will probably agonise about removing posts etc so please dont condem him .

#20 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

View Postdim view, on 11 February 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

It means that the Mods policy is to encourage posters to scrutinise the actions of anyone in the CFC hierarchy....which is exactly what Chris S has been allowed to do.
The rules of the board are easy to understand and any reasonable, mature, point of view can be expressed without repercussions.
Carry on the good work Pete.

Surely it should be "We are always supportive of the Club" but perhaps he meant "We are generally supportive of the board"(?)
頑張れ日本!!!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users