Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Looking Forwards To Burton - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking Forwards To Burton 19/24 Lowest scores

#1 User is offline   Stoneyspireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

I know one game at a time and all that.... However the stats don't lie and therefore Burton's lack of goals but miserly defence will make next Sunday's game very tight.
I can see us winning there and being promoted at the same time- belief and confidence in our boys is needed. If the support is anything like at Hartlepool we will be fine.

#2 User is offline   BurySpireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:House, CFC & Reddit.

Newcastle based doc

RIP Bury FC + Barry Chuckle

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

1-0 Burton are leading
I just don't know what I'm supposed to be

#3 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

And they've scored 3 today .....

#4 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostStoneyspireite, on 19 April 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

I know one game at a time and all that.... However the stats don't lie and therefore Burton's lack of goals but miserly defence will make next Sunday's game very tight.
I can see us winning there and being promoted at the same time- belief and confidence in our boys is needed. If the support is anything like at Hartlepool we will be fine.

I take it you didn't go to the home game then..............
God I hate this league.

#5 User is offline   Stoneyspireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 19 April 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

I take it you didn't go to the home game then..............

Not sure of your point here Dave? Went to Hartlepool and Exeter with away support far superior to home support - constant noise and not the usual moans and groans we get at home if any player makes an error. Yes we were not on song at home but who is at this stage of the season? Pressure is playing its part wIth all teams - my point is that we have less pressure away as the expectancy of the crowd is always 100% in support therefore more likely to motivate.

We regroup and go with confidence - we are second and in fact that point v Exeter has turned out to be a good point!

This post has been edited by Stoneyspireite: 19 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

#6 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostStoneyspireite, on 19 April 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

Not sure of your point here Dave? Went to Hartlepool and Exeter with away support far superior to home support - constant noise and not the usual moans and groans we get at home if any player makes an error. Yes we were not on song at home but who is at this stage of the season? Pressure is playing its part wIth all teams - my point is that we have less pressure away as the expectancy of the crowd is always 100% in support therefore more likely to motivate.

We regroup and go with confidence - we are second and in fact that point v Exeter has turned out to be a good point!

:unsure: Certainly did turn out to be a good point.The way we were performing said I'd settle for a point at halftime. :blush: In the end we had to thank Tommy,the post and a soft penalty to finish with honours even. :rolleyes: Thought the crowd got behind the team vocally especially when going down to ten.
Many a good tune

#7 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

There could be a scenario where we know a point at Burton would clinch promotion at their expense, yet rule us out of the title, would be interesting if with the scores level with not long left whether we'd go for the win

#8 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postmoondog, on 20 April 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

There could be a scenario where we know a point at Burton would clinch promotion at their expense, yet rule us out of the title, would be interesting if with the scores level with not long left whether we'd go for the win

Interesting. We probably wouldn't.

#9 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Obviously it all matters of how much we turn up..

But reading stuff from Hartlepool fans, they said it was more of them being on an awful run and losing James, rather than Burton being impressive, said they looked 'ordinary'.

We can still lose to 'ordinary', but let's hope they're ordinary enough to slip up and let us have a result at their place.
Carson Out.

#10 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostStoneyspireite, on 19 April 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

Talking about the ease in which Burton took us apart at the Proact.
God I hate this league.

#11 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostStoneyspireite, on 19 April 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

We need to avoid defeat at Burton and be 3points ahead of Fleetwood on the final game for automatic promotion

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users