• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

From the top ... ... the scores on the doors ... or ,,,

#1 User is offline   RPL42YEARS 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Family, friends, beer, CFC ...

Debating

Collecting minus points.

Minus me you know you want to !!!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

.... the writing on the wall?

Fleming - 5 - really not up to it at this level. He may or may not be a decent shot stopper but he doesn'r organise his defence and is poor on crosses. Time to take a look at Smith.
Talbot - 7 - another good solid alround performance but even he isn't getting forward as much as I'd like/
Smith - 6 - roasted by his winger on at least 3 occasions. Mind you I have sympathy with him as even by Whits lamentable defensive standards he was poor.
Holden - 6 - solid enough but not one of his better days.
Grounds - 8 - handled their striker OK for the most part. Good organisation of the defence as usual.
Allott - 6 - standard Allott passing the ball backwards and sideways. Part of a CM unit that easily lost the battle.
Johnson - 5 - poor today. Passing was off and hardly got a foot in.
Whits - 4 - as poor as I've ever seen him, and as you can imagine tday's performance was up against some stiff competition. Not capabable of going outside his man so always cuts inside. Poor corners. Poor defensively. Must have been bad as JS subbed him.
Mendy - 7 - not in the game enough but put that down to the CM being totally unable to feed him the ball nice and early.
Westcarr - 7 - worked hard. Had some good touches and runs. Still not a striker for me. Sorry JS.
Clarke - 7 - worked hard with little reward. From where I was sat it looked like he should have scored.

Subs

Randall - 7 - the only player to make defence splitting passes and to do the simple stuff forward and into feet to get the midfield and forwards knitting together. However, he's ubnlikely to start as JS likes to play crabs in CM.
Boden - 6 -didn't make an impact. Curiously for him his touch was all off.
Bowrey - 7 - lively when he came on.

Summary

Just another reminder that the current squad needs at least 2 more additions. Also a reminder of how bad things will get if we have Dec and Jan without Clarke and Grounds.
-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

#2 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

View PostRPL42YEARS, on 01 October 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

Fleming - 5 - really not up to it at this level. He may or may not be a decent shot stopper but he doesn'r organise his defence and is poor on crosses. Time to take a look at Smith.
Talbot - 7 - another good solid alround performance but even he isn't getting forward as much as I'd like/
Smith - 6 - roasted by his winger on at least 3 occasions. Mind you I have sympathy with him as even by Whits lamentable defensive standards he was poor.
Grounds - 8 - handled their striker OK for the most part. Good organisation of the defence as usual.
Allott - 6 - standard Allott passing the ball backwards and sideways. Part of a CM unit that easily lost the battle.
Whits - 4 - as poor as I've ever seen him, and as you can imagine tday's performance was up against some stiff competition. Not capabable of going outside his man so always cuts inside. Poor corners. Poor defensively. Must have been bad as JS subbed him.
Mendy - 7 - not in the game enough but put that down to the CM being totally unable to feed him the ball nice and early.
Westcarr - 7 - worked hard. Had some good touches and runs. Still not a striker for me. Sorry JS.
Clarke - 7 - worked hard with little reward. From where I was sat it looked like he should have scored.

Subs

Randall - 7 - the only player to make defence splitting passes and to do the simple stuff forward and into feet to get the midfield and forwards knitting together. However, he's ubnlikely to start as JS likes to play crabs in CM.

Summary

Just another reminder that the current squad needs at least 2 more additions. Also a reminder of how bad things will get if we have Dec and Jan without Clarke and Grounds.

'My man'...............good to see you back ;)

#3 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Subs

Summary

Today was easily Grounds worst game, he started very well, playing as we have come to expect him but then his game became littered with poor decision making, he was off the pace and he missed two good chances the other end. Whitts better than Johnson, and I thought today we saw signs of the reported 'laziness' of Clarke. A bad day at the office.

#4 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Subs

Summary

a good reflective post..........spoilt by the repetative drivel we've become accustom too, but you're getting there.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#5 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 October 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

a good reflective post..........spoilt by the repetative drivel we've become accustom too, but you're getting there.

Ditto you and other sheep!

What's wrong with what he said at the end? He is totally correct....it needs sorting, we do need two more additions, however, it won't happen because we can't afford/attract the type of players that we require to shift the balance into a positive outcome...eg close season...therefore, we are in a stalemate

This post has been edited by mincemeat: 01 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

#6 User is offline   RPL42YEARS 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Debating

Collecting minus points.

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

View Postmincemeat, on 01 October 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

'My man'...............good to see you back ;)

Cheers and good to be debating with you :) . Good grief it was warm in the community stand today. I'm still glowing. Today is a step beyond a bad day at the office. The weaknesses current and future are clearly in view. The U's were pretty ordinary which I guess makes things worse.

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 01 October 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

Today was easily Grounds worst game, he started very well, playing as we have come to expect him but then his game became littered with poor decision making, he was off the pace and he missed two good chances the other end. Whitts better than Johnson, and I thought today we saw signs of the reported 'laziness' of Clarke. A bad day at the office.

For the most part Grounds was having to deal with KO up front. I marked him on the basis that he for me is the reader/organiser.

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 October 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

I'd have liked to see more "drivelling" today ;)

#7 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Subs

Summary

Other than Grounds & Clarke who were about a 6 for me, you've got the scores spot on.

#8 User is offline   RPL42YEARS 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Debating

Collecting minus points.

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 October 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

Other than Grounds & Clarke who were about a 6 for me, you've got the scores spot on.

Its interesting how so many feel Grounds had a poorish game today. I'm clearly on my own in thinking he did OK. I know he got on the wrong side of their CFWD a couple of times but tought otherwise he was his usual organising self.

I still hope that we can keep him for the long term.

I have to say I enjoyed the game for the most part.

#9 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostRPL42YEARS, on 01 October 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

I have to say I enjoyed the game for the most part.

Really? I was flipping frustrated for most of it!

#10 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Can't believe you've given Fleming such a low mark, thought he was excellent today and made some great saves.

#11 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 01 October 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

Can't believe you've given Fleming such a low mark, thought he was excellent today and made some great saves.

I applaud you and others for debating like this....no need for insults etc...football, is, and, always will be, a matter of opinion...

For the record, i agree with you; i thought flemming was quality.

#12 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 01 October 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

Brain dead some of them lol......

#13 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

View Postmincemeat, on 01 October 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

Ditto you and other sheep!

What's wrong with what he said at the end? He is totally correct....it needs sorting, we do need two more additions, however, it won't happen because we can't afford/attract the type of players that we require to shift the balance into a positive outcome...eg close season...therefore, we are in a stalemate

repetative drivel= repeated post= what he starts with in every thread he starts=repetative drivel.

made clear enough for you.

and who ever said he's correct

it strikes me that you and he, are in the minority, but then again so are the libdems but they have a share on power, so you may be correct afterall :unsure:
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#14 User is offline   Rabbit 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

Subs

Summary

Pretty much spot on RPL - think you might have given Grounds a point too many but couldnt disagree with much else. I know you are not an Allott fan but when, as you have rightly pointed out, Johnson and Whits were so below par the guy could hardly cover all the midfield. Also nice to see some recognition for Bowery - maybe he should have been brought on earlier.

#15 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 01 October 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

repetative drivel= repeated post= what he starts with in every thread he starts=repetative drivel.

made clear enough for you.

and who ever said he's correct

it strikes me that you and he, are in the minority, but then again so are the libdems but they have a share on power, so you may be correct afterall :unsure:

lol i like that.....

I agree..we are in a minority...especially close season :glare:

#16 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Subs

Not far off the mark but you have previously sung the praises of Johnson - and, at least, you were not bias with your assessment today.

Allott did make some forward passes, by the way, and they found a man.

Agree about Westcarr - far too wasteful to be a main striker.

Don't agree on Clarke and Grounds - Clarke was well shackled and perhaps his early injury took it's toll but Grounds had a very poor game by his standards.

Must say to you though if you start to post more sensible posts like this one I would appreciate it more.

Summary

#17 User is offline   Cookie0124 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, A Bit of Snooker... And the Telly. And now tennis :D

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

Agree with all the ratings, apart from the one about Fleming. I'd have given him a 7. While I thought he might have been able to do a better job with their goal (defending shouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place), I thought he redeemed himself with some very good saves later on in the match. As for the "poor on crosses" aspect, I'd much rather have a keeper who stops shots but isn't very good on crosses, than a keeper who lets goals in like water through a sieve but can hold a cross.

#18 User is offline   RPL42YEARS 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Debating

Collecting minus points.

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostRabbit, on 01 October 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

Pretty much spot on RPL - think you might have given Grounds a point too many but couldnt disagree with much else. I know you are not an Allott fan but when, as you have rightly pointed out, Johnson and Whits were so below par the guy could hardly cover all the midfield. Also nice to see some recognition for Bowery - maybe he should have been brought on earlier.

I keep on wondering whether Bowrey is going to be best suited to a wide position.

#19 User is offline   RPL42YEARS 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Debating

Collecting minus points.

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

View PostCookieBlue0124, on 01 October 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Agree with all the ratings, apart from the one about Fleming. I'd have given him a 7. While I thought he might have been able to do a better job with their goal (defending shouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place), I thought he redeemed himself with some very good saves later on in the match. As for the "poor on crosses" aspect, I'd much rather have a keeper who stops shots but isn't very good on crosses, than a keeper who lets goals in like water through a sieve but can hold a cross.

The problem is the modern goalie has to do the organising and commanding, at least, the 6 yard area.

#20 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Subs

Summary

Evening Rob, where've you been, it's been rather quiet since your last posts?

Fair ratings mate, I don't think Grounds was our MOM though, I wouldn't know who to pick as none of them really performed.

Have you heard Shez on RS?? I'm confused, he said he was pleased with the performance and we could have won 4/5-1. He saw a different game to me and my mates.

The issues with Morgan needs addressing, and quickly.

Johnson on todays showing is definitely not the answer in CM, I'd try Allot and Randall, or any combination of Allot/Randall/Clay. We need to mix it up a little bit.

EDIT: I'll just add, I've seen Fleming twice now, and on neither occasion has he looked confident. If I were in the back 4 then he wouldn't fill me with any confidence at all. Is it worth throwing Smith in???

This post has been edited by Dave Wallers 'tache: 01 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users