Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Morning After - Where Are We? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Morning After - Where Are We?

#41 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 23 October 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

I think that is perhaps the most worrying thing. People who have paid for a seat think the football is so bad that they are prepared to lose money rather than turn up.

If the three wise monkeys think people will flock to watch us in the basement next year, they've another think coming. I'd suggest that even if we stay up, we'll still lose many of them.

We won't be flocking to watch us in the basement next year as it'll be the same old, same old! We'll be nowhere the playoffs either and will languish somewhere in the bottom half. How low can we go... Who knows???
#notapennymore

#42 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

View Postdtp, on 23 October 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

I agree, until they both tired.

When McGinn is fit and if ever Jones is also fit, never mind the continuously absent Angel, Danny might have the sort of problems he should like - selection problems.

I think that Shinner would be the best thing for our squad right now. Barking out his orders and making all of them do their bit. The training I see on the pitch since he has gone seems to be less intensive.So would training on a day to day basis also be more relaxed?We have picked up more injuries since he has gone than I can ever remember. Maybe some are unfortunate but if we are just that little bit slower into the closing down /1st to the ball syndrome some of the players are going to get hurt.

This post has been edited by smiffy: 23 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

#43 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 October 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Did you not enjoy the two seasons we won the league? I did TBH.

The first L2 title under Sheridan was a special season.

Blowing sides away at the new stadium with three, and towards the climax four sides 'bouncing' had the whole town getting on board.

However the subsequent relegation saw us lose something we never quite recaptured.

Sure Cook replicated that success playing entertaining stuff, but there was almost a sense of righting a wrong, going through certain motions that failed to motivate the good people of North Derbyshire to the same extent.

Another return to L2 would be devastating, causing incalculable damage. Infact every ounce of momentum gained from the move to Sheff Road would be negated.

I've had enough of Morecambe, Mansfield and Accrington and no amount of spin would coax cash for a season ticket from my pocket.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#44 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 October 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Blowing sides away at the new stadium with three, and towards the climax four sides 'bouncing' had the whole town getting on board.

However the subsequent relegation saw us lose something we never quite recaptured.

Sure Cook replicated that success playing entertaining stuff, but there was almost a sense of righting a wrong, going through certain motions that failed to motivate the good people of North Derbyshire to the same extent.

Another return to L2 would be devastating, causing incalculable damage. Infact every ounce of momentum gained from the move to Sheff Road would be negated.

I've had enough of Morecambe, Mansfield and Accrington and no amount of spin would coax cash for a season ticket from my pocket.

I'd rather all those than Charlton Southend Yeovil.
God I hate this league.

#45 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 October 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

I will get a season ticket next season whatever league we are in as long as we have new owners,if Allen,Turner or Carson are still here next season I'm out.

#46 User is offline   Douggie spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:30 AM

Talking of our crowd numbers we're sure that they say there's more in the ground than there actually is every week.
What did they say it was Saturday!

#47 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostDouggie spireite, on 24 October 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Talking of our crowd numbers we're sure that they say there's more in the ground than there actually is every week.
What did they say it was Saturday!

They said 6300 with 1100 from scunny...when my mates asked me i had a good look at the numbers in each stand and guessed just over 6100. I'm usually never more than a couple of hundred out, so I'd say 6300 was about right!

Crowds are down by a thousand but given the results an general air of gloom (which I also feel) they aren't as bad as they could or possibly will be if/when we go down....

This post has been edited by Middle East: 24 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#48 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostTyrion, on 23 October 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Morgan spends 90 minutes having a go at the 4th official who can't do anything about in the field decisions, he should concentrate on the team

Always a bad sign

#49 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 23 October 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

I will get a season ticket next season whatever league we are in as long as we have new owners,if Allen,Turner or Carson are still here next season I'm out.

You're out then.

This post has been edited by Dave In Footie Heaven: 24 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

God I hate this league.

#50 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostTyrion, on 23 October 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Morgan spends 90 minutes having a go at the 4th official who can't do anything about in the field decisions, he should concentrate on the team

I sit immediately behind the managers - Morgan does not spend 90 minutes doing as you say. Both teams were pointing things out/complaining to the forth official throughout the game. All teams do it so it''s unfair to make something out that''s not happening.
God I hate this league.

#51 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

You're out then.

Yes

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +