• You cannot reply to this topic

Novak.

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 07 February 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

novak is our only hope of staying up he is decent at the moment he tries hard ,which you cannot say about Sherman klump next to him,disaster if true.

Totally agree about Novak anyway, he was our best hope and it is a total disaster

He has done nothing wrong to get the stick he does. He is intelligent and a hard worker

It wasn't him who negotiated the split in wages with Birmingham, it was someone at our club, any idea who?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 07 February 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

novak is our only hope of staying up he is decent at the moment he tries hard ,which you cannot say about Sherman klump next to him,disaster if true.

When you see some of the things he does and the natural ability he has you have to question why he isn't delivering a lot more and a lot more often than he is. He should be mom every other week and dominating games

#23 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 07 February 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

When you see some of the things he does and the natural ability he has you have to question why he isn't delivering a lot more and a lot more often than he is. He should be mom every other week and dominating games

Because we give him the ball in sh** areas (he also drifts out to the wing a lot where he isn't that effective).

#24 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

He's crap on the wing, is he drifting out there because we're shocking on the wing and hes trying to make something happen?
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#25 User is online   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 February 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Because we give him the ball in sh** areas (he also drifts out to the wing a lot where he isn't that effective).

Hit the nail on the head. Both Novak and SEB are perfectly capable of scoring regularly, given decent service. That is where our lack of goals comes from - we have no consistent, quality supply from our midfield. Seb never had a ball played to feet around the box; was it that difficult for us to work out that high balls up to him were exactly what their 6ft5 CB wanted? IMO we have spent the whole season to date wasting the ability of two effective goalscorers by failing to back them up, and also therefore wasting the money invested in their wages.

#26 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

We won't get anyone who covers more ground than Novak with half as much as his ability.

His intelligent running is of the highest calibre and was evident from day 1.

#27 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 07 February 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

Agreed. I would get rid of both in a heartbeat.

Me too. Not even average players in my book. Novak tries, SEB doesn't, but neither are capable and a waste of big wages.

View PostBenno Spire, on 07 February 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

Without knowing the full legalities of loan contracts, could this injury work in our favour where Novak is returned to Birmingham and freeing up money in the loan window just about to open up?

Under new ruling this is to be the last year of such loans outside the transfer window.

#28 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

View Postspireiterob, on 07 February 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Novaks better on 1 foot than the absolute tosh we have to replace him, if he's out we have well and truly had it

:rolleyes: That ship has already sailed.We're going more or less down the same path as our last relegation season.Mismanagement and bad luck is the cocktail of our demise.Will the Board ever learn? :angry:
Many a good tune

#29 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

He's crap on the wing, is he drifting out there because we're shocking on the wing and hes trying to make something happen?

Are you saying he is doing this off his own bat?

Or, is there a possibility that he is working to instructions?

#30 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

Roll up, roll up; read all about it...

TWO PLAYERS NO OTHER CLUB WANTED FAIL TO DO THE BUSINESS SHOCKER

:rolleyes:

#31 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

View Postdtp, on 07 February 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well the Birmingham fans reckon he has never been a central striker and plays better out wide, so perhaps just drifting into a position he's more comfortable in. It's the players around him that's more of a problem than he is.

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 07 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

#notapennymore

#32 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

View Postsophocles, on 07 February 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hit the nail on the head. Both Novak and SEB are perfectly capable of scoring regularly, given decent service. That is where our lack of goals comes from - we have no consistent, quality supply from our midfield. Seb never had a ball played to feet around the box; was it that difficult for us to work out that high balls up to him were exactly what their 6ft5 CB wanted? IMO we have spent the whole season to date wasting the ability of two effective goalscorers by failing to back them up, and also therefore wasting the money invested in their wages.

We had numerous corners in the first half whilst SEB was on the pitch yet neither he nor Novak caused any problems for their defence.

SEB, for me, has had enough chances but causes less problems for defences than Armand.

If he and Novak are taking up £500k of the annual budget, as is being rumoured, then Danny could have 4 or 5 decent players for that.

For me, I expect to see at least one decent shot a game from a forward on less than half his reputed salary. It is no use bleating on about the service he gets not being good enough, the fact is, he is not good enough. Players like Lester and Waller hardly towered over him but they could head the ball better than him, cause more nuisance for defences than him, create opportunities for themselves without always getting the service best for them.

I just hope he either proves me totally wrong and has an amazing final third of the season or he can be released without cost after 12 months.

#33 User is offline   Wingy Blue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

Novaks goal ratio has been poor (poor service) and he has had bad luck with injuries, as have others in the squad, BUT when fit and available, his work rate in my opinion cannot be questioned. IF he is out for a while the chairman MUST back the manager and get a loaned or two in, or we are in big trouble relying on SEB, Harrison, Mani and Simons up top.

#34 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

View Postdtp, on 07 February 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

We had numerous corners in the first half whilst SEB was on the pitch yet neither he nor Novak caused any problems for their defence.

SEB, for me, has had enough chances but causes less problems for defences than Armand.

If he and Novak are taking up £500k of the annual budget, as is being rumoured, then Danny could have 4 or 5 decent players for that.

For me, I expect to see at least one decent shot a game from a forward on less than half his reputed salary. It is no use bleating on about the service he gets not being good enough, the fact is, he is not good enough. Players like Lester and Waller hardly towered over him but they could head the ball better than him, cause more nuisance for defences than him, create opportunities for themselves without always getting the service best for them.

I just hope he either proves me totally wrong and has an amazing final third of the season or he can be released without cost after 12 months.

thats another saunders old pals act bringing him in GARBAGE

#35 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

View Postdtp, on 07 February 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

I reckon off his own back
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#36 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

Exactly. Strikers are only as good as the supply line, which in our case is not the best. One reason for that is the midfield having to cover the defence instead of getting forward as much as they might, so the problem with the strikers starts at the back.
Saying which, we've only scored two goals less than Burton at the top. Not difficult to see where the problem lies.

#37 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

You wonder why we repeatedly take the wrong choice when SEB is obviously going to be more successful with ball to feet. The driving wind and rain made the high ball option even more baffling.
God I hate this league.

#38 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but I'm hearing Novak is out for the foreseeable future due to a broken bone in his foot.

Apparently DW would like to bring in a loanee though it's unclear if the Chairman will sanction it.

Has this been confirmed?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#39 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but I'm hearing Novak is out for the foreseeable future due to a broken bone in his foot.

Apparently DW would like to bring in a loanee though it's unclear if the Chairman will sanction it.

If true, what's the recovery protocol on that type of injury?

Baz
God is not obliged to keep the promises of mankind

#40 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostBrimington Barry, on 07 February 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

If true, what's the recovery protocol on that type of injury?

Baz

Depends on what and how bad it is fractured/broken in his foot

Rooney metatarsal injuries are a good example he's had 3 and was out for 6 to 10 weeks. Immobilisation using a cast was the treatment for him but I think his injuries were relatively minor

In the other had I'm sure Banks broke is foot at Wembley almost 2 years ago and some say he hasn't recovered yet
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users