Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Club And All That Goes With It - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Club And All That Goes With It

#41 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

View Postdjs, on 06 February 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

Why oh why do people critisise all aspects of the club after a day like today?
Look at the stats, a goal that should not have stood, a ref that shouldn't ref Sunday league, we just couldn't put the ball in the onion bag.
Ffs accept it and move on!

I think people would have accepted the position and the team at present if the debt had been cut in half to £4million etc.

The fact that it remains the same and the state we are in speaks volumes of how the club has been run off the field.

#42 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

Of course I do. But a lot of aspects are taken beyond what is reasonable.

Yet you are clearly unable to expand on those aspects.

#43 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 February 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yet you are clearly unable to expand on those aspects.

Until the mortgage is paid this is where we are at ATM. No need to expand more than that!

#44 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Until the mortgage is paid this is where we are at ATM. No need to expand more than that!

Oh, you think it's gonna get paid. That's cute :wub:

#45 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

View Postdim view, on 07 February 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Have I missed an announcement?. How do you know the debt hasn't or won't come down in line with the 70/30 rule?. I personally don't think it will, but I've not heard enough to be cast iron definite.

Surely you are not relying on what Ashley posted?.

Well. First of all. I'm not saying that I know the debt hasn't come down but I'm using that particular quote as basis for a point because it was made by the person I was replying to.

http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1183806

Secondly. Ashley Carson (regardless of what people may think of him on here) is in the know more than us about the clubs finances. So if he was to tell me that the debt has risen, dropped or even that the accounts are wrote in by a novelty fountain pen I would have no other choice but to believe him because when all is said and done how do we know differently?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#46 User is offline   eddymelt 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 07 February 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Well. First of all. I'm not saying that I know the debt hasn't come down but I'm using that particular quote as basis for a point because it was made by the person I was replying to.

http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1183806

Secondly. Ashley Carson (regardless of what people may think of him on here) is in the know more than us about the clubs finances. So if he was to tell me that the debt has risen, dropped or even that the accounts are wrote in by a novelty fountain pen I would have no other choice but to believe him because when all is said and done how do we know differently?

...'cos it just doesn't add up

#47 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

Just watched it, shocking goalkeeping. Should be commanding his area

Thats a joke yes ?
God I hate this league.

#48 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

View Postdjs, on 06 February 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

Why oh why do people critisise all aspects of the club after a day like today?
Look at the stats, a goal that should not have stood, a ref that shouldn't ref Sunday league, we just couldn't put the ball in the onion bag.
Ffs accept it and move on!

Because we lost, so the reaction has nothing to do with the affairs of the club, but is similar to the child who's toy gets broken - just scream.
The unbelievable rubbish we get on the Peak phone in after the match is bad enough, but at least it's spur of the moment stuff. You'd think that when it comes to posting on here people have had time to simmer down, put their brains in gear, and offer some kind of reasonable analysis, as you have done. Doesn't happen.
A couple more losses and it'll be open season on Danny Wilson, for the same reason. At the moment it's the players' fault, but it was DS's fault when the same players did the same thing. Soon be Danny's turn, and for the same reason - basically, "I've not got what I want, so I'm going to blame somebody".

Good and brave post though. Don't worry about all the negative stuff - you're right.

#49 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Because we lost, so the reaction has nothing to do with the affairs of the club, but is similar to the child who's toy gets broken - just scream.
The unbelievable rubbish we get on the Peak phone in after the match is bad enough, but at least it's spur of the moment stuff. You'd think that when it comes to posting on here people have had time to simmer down, put their brains in gear, and offer some kind of reasonable analysis, as you have done. Doesn't happen.
A couple more losses and it'll be open season on Danny Wilson, for the same reason. At the moment it's the players' fault, but it was DS's fault when the same players did the same thing. Soon be Danny's turn, and for the same reason - basically, "I've not got what I want, so I'm going to blame somebody".

Good and brave post though. Don't worry about all the negative stuff - you're right.

To an extent I agree. There always has to be someone to point the finger of blame at and there have always been a lot of knee jerk reactions and over-reactions to a few bad results on here (I suspect the same of the other club's fora). I was amazed to read, following a couple of defeats, how PC was (paraphrasing) 'not the man to take us forward' and 'tactically inept' etc as we suffered a free-fall drop from top of the league to 2nd place in Div 2 during the season we won the title. We lose a game and it is the fault of the players or manager, 3 or so defeats and the players aren't good enough and neither is the manager, a poor run and the entire club is a shambles; DA doesn't care, neither do the players or manager etc and they're all not good enough. A few wins later we're certs for the play offs. I doubt the knee-jerkers will ever change.

Whilst I have sympathy with DJS's comments, in this case it is hardly surprising the fans are concerned and dissecting all elements of CFC as our issues aren't isolated to just on-field activity. On the pitch the performances haven't been great and the squad lacks depth. Allegedly higher profile signings, that one assumes attract a high wage, have failed to live up to expectations and have swallowed up relatively large portions of the budget. Moreover, and regardless of performances, the results have been poor and our current league position is worrying. The real shame is how close we were to Championship football and whilst I believe the majority of us understand the importance of balancing the books to ensure the Club continues to exist, the demise in footballing terms despite a better budget is really disappointing. Off field is also worrying and fans are rightly concerned at what has occurred with the club financially and are wondering how the balance sheet is going to look over the next couple of years now we've flogged the saleable assets and following 5 years of unprecedented successful football. There is a lot of assumption and potentially mis-information but that's understandable given what little we hear from the Club. I'm not suggesting they establish a propaganda department to debunk every rumour but I do think the Club's comms could be better.

In sum, I think people are right to be worried about on-field and off-field activity at the Club and the Club is doing nothing to allay our fears.

#50 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

View PostDoughnut, on 08 February 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

To an extent I agree. There always has to be someone to point the finger of blame at and there have always been a lot of knee jerk reactions and over-reactions to a few bad results on here (I suspect the same of the other club's fora). I was amazed to read, following a couple of defeats, how PC was (paraphrasing) 'not the man to take us forward' and 'tactically inept' etc as we suffered a free-fall drop from top of the league to 2nd place in Div 2 during the season we won the title. We lose a game and it is the fault of the players or manager, 3 or so defeats and the players aren't good enough and neither is the manager, a poor run and the entire club is a shambles; DA doesn't care, neither do the players or manager etc and they're all not good enough. A few wins later we're certs for the play offs. I doubt the knee-jerkers will ever change.

Whilst I have sympathy with DJS's comments, in this case it is hardly surprising the fans are concerned and dissecting all elements of CFC as our issues aren't isolated to just on-field activity. On the pitch the performances haven't been great and the squad lacks depth. Allegedly higher profile signings, that one assumes attract a high wage, have failed to live up to expectations and have swallowed up relatively large portions of the budget. Moreover, and regardless of performances, the results have been poor and our current league position is worrying. The real shame is how close we were to Championship football and whilst I believe the majority of us understand the importance of balancing the books to ensure the Club continues to exist, the demise in footballing terms despite a better budget is really disappointing. Off field is also worrying and fans are rightly concerned at what has occurred with the club financially and are wondering how the balance sheet is going to look over the next couple of years now we've flogged the saleable assets and following 5 years of unprecedented successful football. There is a lot of assumption and potentially mis-information but that's understandable given what little we hear from the Club. I'm not suggesting they establish a propaganda department to debunk every rumour but I do think the Club's comms could be better.

In sum, I think people are right to be worried about on-field and off-field activity at the Club and the Club is doing nothing to allay our fears.

The off field stuff worries me greatly. Unprecedented success unprecedented attendances and unprecedented revenues.....and can't make money.

Then we hear of plans to split the business, and with the club staring relegation in the face and plans to seperate the football side from the C+B side?

These concerns have nothing to do with losing to Posh, and if you read the thread I bumped earlier today I said I was worried about the clubs finances 10 months ago.
A new hope.

#51 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

Cloud cuckoo land.

P.s why don't you meet up with Chris for a pint. He is a sound bloke who enjoys a good debate.

#52 Guest_djs_*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for that.

#53 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm saying that we had the same debt as last season but nowt was said because things were going well on the pitch. Now that we are struggling everyone comes out of the closet to bash the club. Just because we're losing!

Last season we hadn't sold millions of pounds worth of players which should have reduced the debt had we?

#54 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:06 PM

There is nothing brave about burying your head in the sand and pretending everything is sound. Remember that kids!

#55 Guest_djs_*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostGoku, on 08 February 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

There is nothing brave about burying your head in the sand and pretending everything is sound. Remember that kids!

Where on this thread did I say that?
Nothing is perfect, just asking why people like yourself keep bashing the club whenever we lose?

#56 Guest_djs_*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 08 February 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

Last season we hadn't sold millions of pounds worth of players which should have reduced the debt had we?

It'll be interesting the financial report at the end of this season.

#57 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

View Postdjs, on 08 February 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Nothing is perfect, just asking why people like yourself keep bashing the club whenever we lose?

By 'bashing' you mean not saying everything is all roses?

The worries I've seen expressed on here were expressed when we were winning as well as when we were losing.

If HAG is your example of a reasoned debater then bear in mind he - like the board - wanted Deanosaurus to be given more of a chance, were it not for fan disgruntlement ( that dA called 'disgraceful'- he'd still be here. Worth remembering that cosying up to those running the club doesn't equate to supporting the best interests of the club.

CFC was here long before the Deedahs came on board, hopefully it will still be here when they leave.

#58 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

View Postdjs, on 08 February 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

It hurts to speak to you, sorry, I'm not doing it any more.

#59 Guest_djs_*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostGoku, on 08 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

It hurts to speak to you, sorry, I'm not doing it any more.

Don't be an apologist. Just move on and except the reality.

#60 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

You've lost it. You're just saying words.

Edit - incorrect words as well

This post has been edited by Goku: 08 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users