Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Club And All That Goes With It - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Club And All That Goes With It

#21 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:52 AM

View Postazul, on 07 February 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

We all know the referee could've added another 30 minutes additional time on and we still wouldn't have scored.

That doesn't change the fact that Peterborough and the officials were a disgrace

I'm not sure I have read anyone making excuses and suggesting we were robbed but I do see you making it sound like we played against 9 men for a significant time which i think is a tad misleading. It was actually less than 20 minutes in elapsed time and probably less than 10 minutes in game time with all the antics

Which is still a hell of a long time to play against a 9 men. As you say, we wouldn't have scored, that's our fault. Any excuses for this match are embarrassing. We knew they'd time waste like scumbags.

#22 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:10 AM

Seen the goal on tv.No foul just crap keeping

#23 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

View Postdjs, on 06 February 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Have you seen the goal? On tv that is.

Circus by idiots? Have you an insight in to the goings on in the running of the club?
I find it interesting that non of this came to light when we were at Preston in the playoff semi last season.

I'd say there were rumblings of our problems off the field throughout last season to be honest. We had the Phil tooley post for a start. people on here were definitely hearing things and passing on information.

#24 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:28 AM

View PostBluekent, on 07 February 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

I'd say there were rumblings of our problems off the field throughout last season to be honest. We had the Phil tooley post for a start. people on here were definitely hearing things and passing on information.

Dude, the clubs is a mess when it comes to the boardroom. Uncle Dave wants out, but not until his money is repaid or a plan put in place for him to be repaid. The board are actively seeking investment but are struggling.. Who'd invest in a club in league position freefall that seems to leak money left right and centre? I can't help but feel that IF, and it's a massive IF we stop up this season.. It'll be more of the same next season as the budget will be significantly lower than this years!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#25 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:59 AM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

You discribe any other opinion other than yours as delusional. Why is that I wonder!

We were w.ank

#26 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

Hi Dave

Hope you are well. I know we had a chat at the Millwall game. Just out of interest after the last two games how confident are you know of town staying up.

#27 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

View Postdjs, on 06 February 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Have you seen the goal? On tv that is.

Circus by idiots? Have you an insight in to the goings on in the running of the club?
I find it interesting that non of this came to light when we were at Preston in the playoff semi last season.

What, y'mean like the million-plus loss despite our most successful season ever? Selling Doyle? Phil Tooley and others highlighting what was about to happen? The Chairman repeatedly stating he'd sell players to cut a largely self-inflicted debt?

Only those with their heads buried deeply in the sand - or elsewhere - failed to realise the direction we were heading.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#28 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Hi Dave

Hope you are well. I know we had a chat at the Millwall game. Just out of interest after the last two games how confident are you know of town staying up.

No Tim the chances we are making now compeared to before Christmas tell me that we have enough to stay up. We have to get clean sheets though, that is our biggest problem.
It's down to the football now that will keep us up not the running of the club, debt ect. That folk on here are crowing about!

This post has been edited by djs: 07 February 2016 - 10:25 AM

#29 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

No Tim the chances we are making now compeared to before Christmas tell me that we have enough to stay up. We have to get clean sheets though, that is our biggest problem.
It's down to the football now that will keep us up not the running of the club, debt ect. That folk on here are crowing about!

Crowing about! If we get relegated, and like you I believe we'll just stay up, crowing about off the field finances will multiply a thousand fold.
East stand second class citizen.

#30 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

No no, we're quite aware it's the footballing aspect. We're useless at that too as proven by our last two home defeats.

Djs you know when ppl say football is like a religion that isn't meant to be taken literally. You are displaying characteristics of a typical Christian/Witness/Muslim/whateverreligionyouwannachoose.

This post has been edited by Goku: 07 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

#31 Guest_djs_*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

What, y'mean like the million-plus loss despite our most successful season ever? Selling Doyle? Phil Tooley and others highlighting what was about to happen? The Chairman repeatedly stating he'd sell players to cut a largely self-inflicted debt?

Only those with their heads buried deeply in the sand - or elsewhere - failed to realise the direction we were heading.

I'm saying that we had the same debt as last season but nowt was said because things were going well on the pitch. Now that we are struggling everyone comes out of the closet to bash the club. Just because we're losing!

#32 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm saying that we had the same debt as last season but nowt was said because things were going well on the pitch. Now that we are struggling everyone comes out of the closet to bash the club. Just because we're losing!

Yes, the losing is making people look at other reasons to bemoan the club, it's directors. But as you say, the debt is still the same as last season after we have sold all our treasures leaving us with nothing left to sell. Maybe opinions were kept to themselves last season because when we have at least 5 players to sell, cup runs and a playoff finish people thought that the debt would've come down. Wouldn't you?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#33 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

Ah, I see; you're just on a wind-up, then.

After all, anyone who thinks our off-field issues haven't dominated discussions on 'Bob's Board' for the last two or more seasons must've been in a coma or summat.

Congratulations my friend, you suckered me in.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#34 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

Ok mate I hope you are right.

I think we will finish in 24th position.

#35 Guest_djs_*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostGoku, on 07 February 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

No no, we're quite aware it's the footballing aspect. We're useless at that too as proven by our last two home defeats.

Djs you know when ppl say football is like a religion that isn't meant to be taken literally. You are displaying characteristics of a typical Christian/Witness/Muslim/whateverreligionyouwannachoose.

Don't patronise me, I've followed this club longer than I care to remember. And it has been a large part of my life. If that's a religion then yes I agree. I find it difficult ATM watching us in the lower reaches of this division, but I'll not stop watching!
Miss management of the debt? Maybe! Lack of boots through the turnstiles? Maybe! But I want my grandson to take me to watch them in years to come. And I can't see anyone telling me anything else that will get me there other than the people running the club now!

#36 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Don't patronise me, I've followed this club longer than I care to remember. And it has been a large part of my life. If that's a religion then yes I agree. I find it difficult ATM watching us in the lower reaches of this division, but I'll not stop watching!
Miss management of the debt? Maybe! Lack of boots through the turnstiles? Maybe! But I want my grandson to take me to watch them in years to come. And I can't see anyone telling me anything else that will get me there other than the people running the club now!

Y...you do know that you're allowed to support the club and be critical of certain aspects... right?

#37 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 07 February 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

Yes, the losing is making people look at other reasons to bemoan the club, it's directors. But as you say, the debt is still the same as last season after we have sold all our treasures leaving us with nothing left to sell. Maybe opinions were kept to themselves last season because when we have at least 5 players to sell, cup runs and a playoff finish people thought that the debt would've come down. Wouldn't you?

Have I missed an announcement?. How do you know the debt hasn't or won't come down in line with the 70/30 rule?. I personally don't think it will, but I've not heard enough to be cast iron definite.

Surely you are not relying on what Ashley posted?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#38 Guest_djs_*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostGoku, on 07 February 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

Y...you do know that you're allowed to support the club and be critical of certain aspects... right?

Of course I do. But a lot of aspects are taken beyond what is reasonable.

#39 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Ok mate I hope you are right.

I think we will finish in 24th position.

I think we'll be a bit better than Colchester
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#40 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

People were saying plenty as I recall.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users