Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Clear The Air Meeting. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Clear The Air Meeting.

#81 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 08 February 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Autoworld.

Do you know why they pulled their sponsorship?
If only....

#82 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 08 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Doyle's transfer fee (in full) was included in the accounts for Y/E 30/06/15. The payment structure of the transfer fee is irrelevant to profit & loss.

Likewise, the fees for Darika, Clucas & Morsy will be included (in full) in the accounts for Y/E 30/06/16.

Have you ever thought of going into teaching? Having the "patience of Job" is a real asset in that vocation
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#83 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Skywalker said:

1454936578[/url]' post='1184250']

Rumour has it that a meeting where sound solid advice about helping the clubs finances was given, treated with contempt/scorn and dismissed.
So that's 3 (including F2) who have done this. All with the same result, and losses continue to grow.
A new hope.

#84 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 08 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Doyle's transfer fee (in full) was included in the accounts for Y/E 30/06/15. The payment structure of the transfer fee is irrelevant to profit & loss.

Likewise, the fees for Darika, Clucas & Morsy will be included (in full) in the accounts for Y/E 30/06/16.

yep. I know that. The question is whether anybody knows what has happened to the cash that has come in this financial year.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#85 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:07 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 08 February 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Rumour has it that a meeting where sound solid advice about helping the clubs finances was given, treated with contempt/scorn and dismissed.
So that's 3 (including F2) who have done this. All with the same result, and losses continue to grow.

Thanks.

Who was the other one?
If only....

#86 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 07 February 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

Question for someone to ask please.

If as DA has stated his aim is championship football, how does he intend to achieve it !!!!

Oh yeah and also, where is this alleged lucrative sponsership deal that was rumoured a few months ago.

#87 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 08 February 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Oh yeah and also, where is this alleged lucrative sponsership deal that was rumoured a few months ago.

It wasn't rumoured mate, it was quite clearly mentioned by CT at the AGM in November.
East stand second class citizen.

#88 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 08 February 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

I presume it's this.............

The Spireites have agreed a substantial long-term partnership with Stadia Solutions to supply and fit a full range of poster advertising at the Proact Stadium.
Read more at http://www.chesterfi...TgAQgz5CT0Vz.99

#89 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 08 February 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

I do.
Various influencial people have explained to me over time that PC and some of his entourage needed firm management but didn't get it. This is an example. The Autoworld sponsorship was pulled because liberties were being taken with the deal.

#90 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

View Postdim view, on 08 February 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

I do.
Various influencial people have explained to me over time that PC and some of his entourage needed firm management but didn't get it. This is an example. The Autoworld sponsorship was pulled because liberties were being taken with the deal.

PC looking after his mates...nah surely not!
East stand second class citizen.

#91 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

View Postdim view, on 08 February 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

yep. I know that. The question is whether anybody knows what has happened to the cash that has come in this financial year.

Unless there's been a 7 figure reduction in the company's overheads, then the exceptional income (Clucas, Darikwa, Morsy) will go towards helping the club avoid making a 7 figure loss, just in the same way as the fees for Doyle, Cooper, Cook & Roberts did last year.

#92 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

If I thought this would genuinely have any impact then I'd be up for it.

The underlying problem at the Club is one of poor financial management and the lack of a sustainable business model. Chris Turner has proved time and time again that he has zero grasp of anything financial.

The question that needs answering is the one AKITB posed earlier in the thread:

If the total football wages cost around £3,000,000 as quoted by AC then that is around 40% or so of turnover. Even if it was 50% it's still well below the FFP cap. And if the catering side is making around £250k a year as quoted by DA then where is the £1,300,000 loss being made(excluding player sales)

Or, to put it more bluntly:

What is being done to reduce annual expenditure to a level that is equal to, or below, annual income?

#93 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

No they weren't. They were met with a storm of abuse that was so bad that even the notoriously easy Moderators were forced take action.
A perfectly fair offer brokered by spireitenag has so far met only with the usual clever-dick stuff.
How many of the abusers do you expect to go and actually talk to Chris Turner? One, two, yourself? Dream on - grumbling on here is easy - go and talk to the bloke you think can't grasp what's going on and tell him your own ideas for running a multi-million pound business. Should be fun, especially when you tell him he's too thick to understand financial advice.

Your first line is simply wrong. Infact it's just more sneering hyperbole designed to denigrate a 'Bob's Board' membership you clearly look down upon. Yes the Mod's pulled some content but there were plenty of perfectly reasonable responses.

Then as I've pointed out to you, repeatedly offering to go into detail privately only for you to snub and scorn friendly invitations, I have actually spoken to CT and members of the CFC hierarchy on a number of occasions. As have other messageboard contributors. Contrast that with the spite you continue to spit whilst cowering behind your keyboard. Oh, and our friend Nidge was good enough to state my reply was "sensible".

I'll take his opinion over someone who can't even be straight over which pubs he frequents any day of the year.

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Damn right I'm not going to show up. The garbage on here every time finances come up is enough to drive anybody to drink, if I wasn't there already.
Ask where the money went if you want to know anything at all. If we don't know that we don't know anything, and the whole business is just hot air. To say CT is totally incompetent at finance he's doing a very good job of keeping you all in the dark.

Well no surprise there, then.

Instead you'll continue to hide in the anonymity you're so desperate to maintain levelling vitriol and accusations. Even at folk whose grasp of the situation clearly dwarfs your's.

Pathetic.

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

The difference between me and virtually everybody else is that I don't make up facts to replace the missing ones.

Well you've obviously attempted to 'make up facts' in the posts above.

But hey, let's not allow that 'fact' to get in the way of your conceited posturing, eh 'h'.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#94 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

h again said:

1454877179[/url]' post='1184111']
The difference between me and virtually everybody else is that I don't make up facts to replace the missing ones.

From the man who went so far as to say we were not a bad side in relegation season, and that the league table lied!
A new hope.

#95 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 08 February 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

From the man who went so far as to say we were not a bad side in relegation season, and that the league table lied!

He's the worst type of troll, don't bother with it.

#96 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

Question for someone to ask.

According to Nige, CT told the fans forum the other day that DA hadn't had to put a penny into the club this season for the first time, yet at the shareholders AGM in November it was apparently stated that DA was having to inject £300,000 to help support the clubs running costs. Was that money ever injected into the club, if not then that's good news but if so, why is CT going round telling fans forums the complete opposite?
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#97 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 08 February 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

Question for someone to ask.

According to Nige, CT told the fans forum the other day that DA hadn't had to put a penny into the club this season for the first time, yet at the shareholders AGM in November it was apparently stated that DA was having to inject £300,000 to help support the clubs running costs. Was that money ever injected into the club, if not then that's good news but if so, why is CT going round telling fans forums the complete opposite?

To be a good liar you've got to have a good memory, maybe playing in goal for Sheffield Stupidname gives you Altzimers?
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#98 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:15 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Yes, I've seen 10,000 posts that say little else, but WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING? We've got accountants, business leaders, Chris Snell and all sorts of talent on the case but WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING?

Let's leave the appointment of Saunders out of the equation, eh? The appointment of managers is extremely chancy at best, as ManU and Chelsea have found out. So far the Board's record in that line is way above average.

Far from not bothering about what happens at the club, it seems I'm the only one bothering about the relevant question. Doesn't anybody else want to know WHY we aren't paying off the debt.

Dave Allen (CFC) borrows money off Dave Allen (A&S), then Dave Allen (A&S) makes a profit on the debt Dave Allen (CFC) accrues. Dave Allen (CFC) decides to seperate profitable parts of the business in order to pay Dave Allen (A&S).

The accounts are only available to be viewed at behest of Dave Allen (CFC & A&S).

#99 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 08 February 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

Dave Allen (CFC) borrows money off Dave Allen (A&S), then Dave Allen (A&S) makes a profit on the debt Dave Allen (CFC) accrues. Dave Allen (CFC) decides to seperate profitable parts of the business in order to pay Dave Allen (A&S).

The accounts are only available to be viewed at behest of Dave Allen (CFC & A&S).

A bit like the Al Murray routine about the global financial crisis....

#100 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 08 February 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

You've stated that somewhere else recently. Makes for a good audit!

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users