Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Clear The Air Meeting. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Clear The Air Meeting.

#41 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 07 February 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

Question for someone to ask please.

If as DA has stated his aim is championship football, how does he intend to achieve it !!!!

By selling up and buying Burton Albion :windup

#42 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

View Postwhittman, on 07 February 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

By selling up and buying Burton Albion :windup

Good one. Ha!

He could then find out how a club at the top of our league can survive on gates of 3800.

#43 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Surely a significant part of the C&B turnover, perhaps even the majority, comes from match-day custom. So how does Allen separate that from non match-day turnover? Would it still be worthwhile? And isn't at least a degree of that income based upon fans choosing to spend money at the Proact because it supposedly helps the team?

The lack of a pub style supporters facility means my friends and I already spend what must amount to a healthy five figure sum in pre/post-match pubs over the course of a season. If the Chairman chooses to further alienate punters such as us he can also forget the half time beers, occasional hospitality and non CFC events we partake of. I'd guess we wouldn't be the only ones, either.

He keeps it all, non match day and match day. The club rents the pitch, stands, changing rooms etc. Paid for by the ticket sales
A new hope.

#44 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 February 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

I'll go... Hopefully the same rules will apply as for the House of Commons !

you after expenses merc?

#45 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 06 February 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

At this mornings fans forum Chris Turner stated that his door is always open if fans want to speak to him.

If I can arrange a meeting at the hub the morning of a home game I would be interested to know who would actually be prepared to attend and put their views and questions to him in an adult and reasoned manner ?

Interesting also that he stated the last person who was invited to come down and chat to him and Dave Allen never turned up.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.

Regards Nigel.

Do you really think he/they are going to sit there while fans tear them to shreads-verbally of course!

This post has been edited by danblue: 07 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

#46 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

View Postdanblue, on 07 February 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Do you really think he/they are going to sit there while fans tear them to shreads-verbally of course!

I would hope that both sides conduct themselves in a mature manner and there can be an open and frank discussion,with some searching questions answered.

#47 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 07 February 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

I would hope that both sides conduct themselves in a mature manner and there can be an open and frank discussion,with some searching questions answered.

What are the odds on either CT or DA admitting to any failing of any sort, however minor?

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 07 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

#48 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

Absolutely spot on.

Sorry but i am rather 'business thick'
But does this mean da means to run the club down but still walk away with his share?

#49 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 07 February 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

I personally believe that DA's motive in seperating the two aspects of the club is far more cynical. By removing the revenue stream that the hospitality side generates, the football side of the business is left exposed to greater financial demands.
In making such a move DA is, to all intents and purposes, casting us (the club) adrift. What worries me is that should the financing of the football side (which is far from transparent) fall further into the red, DA could quite essily just say 'right, you're not paying your way'', offload the 'club' from the business and simply rent a playing surface and a dressing room back to CFC from a newly formed 'Daves Dining & ITV Day Time Quiz Nights Ltd'.
That may sound cynical but I don't see any other reason for seperating the business. Telling us that it will make it easier for us to understand is simply patronising and assumes that many Town fans don't have businesses of their own, and with those businesses (or similar experience from their individual working lives) a far better understanding of profit and loss than his hand-picked team.

I'm certainly struggling to see any other motivation for this, there certainly is no need to separate them to set them their own financial targets..

#50 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

What are the odds on either CT or DA admitting to any failing of any sort, however minor?

We all know that our losses or potential losses over the last 2 years are all down to CBC and the "black hole" surrounding the ground move :lol:

As long as everyone accepts that the air will be cleared

Oh and don't mention DA's plan to split the club
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#51 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

View Postazul, on 07 February 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

We all know that our losses or potential losses over the last 2 years are all down to CBC and the "black hole" surrounding the ground move :lol:

As long as everyone accepts that the air will be cleared

Oh and don't mention DA's plan to split the club

That's just it. There's no other way. There's the DA truth and no other.

He mentioned this split plan himself so it's only correct he gets pressed on the finer details.

#52 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 07 February 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Hypothetically speaking and to avoid any doubt, can you clarify where a comment like this might sit on the mature manner barometer?

Do you know, I was listening to Radio Sheffield last night and one of our f'ing lot was on and I thought to my f'ng self, why doesn't he own this f'ing football club, I'll tell you f'ing why, £14 f'ing million!

#53 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:44 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 06 February 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

At this mornings fans forum Chris Turner stated that his door is always open if fans want to speak to him.

If I can arrange a meeting at the hub the morning of a home game I would be interested to know who would actually be prepared to attend and put their views and questions to him in an adult and reasoned manner ?

Interesting also that he stated the last person who was invited to come down and chat to him and Dave Allen never turned up.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.

Regards Nigel.

I would be interested,but it does depend on the time it will be

#54 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 06 February 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

First of all many of Ashley Carson's occasional posts have been met in an 'adult and reasoned manner'.

And what was his response?

Then I'm led to believe at least one 'Bob's Board' member, a well respected individual possessing a wealth of business experience and who presented a constructive critique of the Club's financial performance, has spent time in Turner's company.

Apparently Dave Allen made an appearance, too.

So how was his free advice greeted? With consideration or dismissive scorn? Infact could our CEO even grasp it? I'll allow forumites to decide for themselves.

By the way, Nidge, did you get any answers to my question regarding the Development Centre? Or is this just a case of bombastic posturing on the part of folk who've no intention of revealing the truth...

No they weren't. They were met with a storm of abuse that was so bad that even the notoriously easy Moderators were forced take action.
A perfectly fair offer brokered by spireitenag has so far met only with the usual clever-dick stuff.
How many of the abusers do you expect to go and actually talk to Chris Turner? One, two, yourself? Dream on - grumbling on here is easy - go and talk to the bloke you think can't grasp what's going on and tell him your own ideas for running a multi-million pound business. Should be fun, especially when you tell him he's too thick to understand financial advice.

#55 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

No they weren't. They were met with a storm of abuse that was so bad that even the notoriously easy Moderators were forced take action.
A perfectly fair offer brokered by spireitenag has so far met only with the usual clever-dick stuff.
How many of the abusers do you expect to go and actually talk to Chris Turner? One, two, yourself? Dream on - grumbling on here is easy - go and talk to the bloke you think can't grasp what's going on and tell him your own ideas for running a multi-million pound business. Should be fun, especially when you tell him he's too thick to understand financial advice.

View Postfreelander2, on 07 February 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

Having attended a meeting on 03/02/15 which started at 14:05 involving Turner, Fitzgerald & Nick Johnson, with Allen making an appearance at 15:20, they don't value my opinion & vice-versa. The meeting closed just before 16:00.

I'll not be wasting my time again. Despite being a season ticket holder, I have all on getting motivated to attend games and rest assured that won't change until the management of the club changes.

You're a valued contributor on this messageboard, don't get caught up in posting rubbish just because it came from what you would expect to be a well placed source.

A new hope.

#56 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

It's already been done. Met with little more than sneers from those present on behalf of CFC.

We can assume you're unlikely to show up at any forum 'H' - at least not 'as yourself' given friendly requests to meet over a beer from fellow Spireites have been met with similar sneers from your good self.

#57 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

It's already been done. Met with little more than sneers from those present on behalf of CFC.

We can assume you're unlikely to show up at any forum 'H' - at least not 'as yourself' given friendly requests to meet over a beer from fellow Spireites have been met with similar sneers from your good self.

Tell them about the bloke who switched sponsorship to Matlock.

#58 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

Damn right I'm not going to show up. The garbage on here every time finances come up is enough to drive anybody to drink, if I wasn't there already.
Ask where the money went if you want to know anything at all. If we don't know that we don't know anything, and the whole business is just hot air. To say CT is totally incompetent at finance he's doing a very good job of keeping you all in the dark.

This post has been edited by h again: 07 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

#59 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Damn right I'm not going to show up. The garbage on here every time finances come up is enough to drive anybody to drink, if I wasn't there already.
Ask where the money went if you want to know anything at all. If we don't know that we don't know anything, and the whole business is just hot air. To say CT is totally incompetent at finance he's doing a very good job of keeping you all in the dark.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see

#60 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 February 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Tell them about the bloke who switched sponsorship to Matlock.

Given they sponsored their ground after pulling every penny out of CFC it's not hard to work out who it was!

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

It's easy to keep people in the dark if you've got your own eyes firmly closed.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users