Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Clear The Air Meeting. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Clear The Air Meeting.

#1 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

At this mornings fans forum Chris Turner stated that his door is always open if fans want to speak to him.

If I can arrange a meeting at the hub the morning of a home game I would be interested to know who would actually be prepared to attend and put their views and questions to him in an adult and reasoned manner ?

Interesting also that he stated the last person who was invited to come down and chat to him and Dave Allen never turned up.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.

Regards Nigel.

This post has been edited by spireitenag: 06 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

#2 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

Will he give grown up answers or the flannel he usually gives?

#3 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

I'll only come if he dressed up as a clown & we can throw custard pies at him
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

This meeting would change literally nothing. Is he going to change the way he and his cronies operate things based on things we say? Is he going to stop lying to the fans? Is he suddenly going to become competent at his job?

(not having a go at you OP)

This post has been edited by Goku: 06 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

#5 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

can I suggest a clear your desk out meeting, i'd attend to watch that

#6 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:02 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 06 February 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

At this mornings fans forum Chris Turner stated that his door is always open if fans want to speak to him.

If I can arrange a meeting at the hub the morning of a home game I would be interested to know who would actually be prepared to attend and put their views and questions to him in an adult and reasoned manner ?

Interesting also that he stated the last person who was invited to come down and chat to him and Dave Allen never turned up.

Please let me know if you would like to attend.

Regards Nigel.

First of all many of Ashley Carson's occasional posts have been met in an 'adult and reasoned manner'.

And what was his response?

Then I'm led to believe at least one 'Bob's Board' member, a well respected individual possessing a wealth of business experience and who presented a constructive critique of the Club's financial performance, has spent time in Turner's company.

Apparently Dave Allen made an appearance, too.

So how was his free advice greeted? With consideration or dismissive scorn? Infact could our CEO even grasp it? I'll allow forumites to decide for themselves.

By the way, Nidge, did you get any answers to my question regarding the Development Centre? Or is this just a case of bombastic posturing on the part of folk who've no intention of revealing the truth...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#7 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 06 February 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

First of all many of Ashley Carson's occasional posts have been met in an 'adult and reasoned manner'.

And what was his response?

Then I'm led to believe at least one 'Bob's Board' member, a well respected individual possessing a wealth of business experience and who presented a constructive critique of the Club's financial performance, has spent time in Turner's company.

Apparently Dave Allen made an appearance, too.

So how was his free advice greeted? With consideration or dismissive scorn? Infact could our CEO even grasp it? I'll allow forumites to decide for themselves.

By the way, Nidge, did you get any answers to my question regarding the Development Centre? Or is this just a case of bombastic posturing on the part of folk who've no intention of revealing the truth...

Chris. Thanks for the one and only sensible response so far.

I am going to let this run for a while yet.

If I get a decent response I will proceed to see if a meeting can be arranged.

If not I will myself contact several members of this board privately and ask them if they would attend a meeting as I value and respect some of their concerns and opinions.

I will contact you by pm tomorrow personally regarding your question as the wine has been flowing well tonight and I prefer to talk about things with a clearer head.

Regards Nigel.

#8 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

I work Monday to Friday so I cant make a week day but I would quite happily like to meet up with them. I have questions and would welcome questions to ask them, don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not the voice of the masses but if they can let me understand why they're doing what they're doing then I will be a happy man.
I wouldn't go in there wanting to insult anybody but if I ain't happy with an answer I will tell them.

Me, me please!!!!
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#9 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 06 February 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

I work Monday to Friday so I cant make a week day but I would quite happily like to meet up with them. I have questions and would welcome questions to ask them, don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not the voice of the masses but if they can let me understand why they're doing what they're doing then I will be a happy man.
I wouldn't go in there wanting to insult anybody but if I ain't happy with an answer I will tell them.

Me, me please!!!!

That's me,you and hopefully Chris so far then.

How about you Mr.Freelander 2 ?

#10 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 06 February 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

Chris. Thanks for the one and only sensible response so far.

I am going to let this run for a while yet.

If I get a decent response I will proceed to see if a meeting can be arranged.

If not I will myself contact several members of this board privately and ask them if they would attend a meeting as I value and respect some of their concerns and opinions.

I will contact you by pm tomorrow personally regarding your question as the wine has been flowing well tonight and I prefer to talk about things with a clearer head.

Regards Nigel.

I understand the topic of the end of season reorganisation of the club came up again at today's forum. I assume this is the same organisational change DA referred to in his Chesterfield Post interview.

Was more detail given today?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#11 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

View Postazul, on 06 February 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

I understand the topic of the end of season reorganisation of the club came up again at today's forum. I assume this is the same organisational change DA referred to in his Chesterfield Post interview.

Was more detail given today?

Yes it was.

Basically Dave Allen wants the hospitality/catering side to stand individually away from the footballing side of the business.

The reasoning behind this is so he can set it profit targets each year that ensure it meets the mortgage repayments to A & S Leisure.

That side of the business is currently showing a profit between £225-£250k per year.

#12 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 07 February 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yes it was.

Basically Dave Allen wants the hospitality/catering side to stand individually away from the footballing side of the business.

The reasoning behind this is so he can set it profit targets each year that ensure it meets the mortgage repayments to A & S Leisure.

That side of the business is currently showing a profit between £225-£250k per year.

And did you come away thinking this is a harmless exercise in ensuring accountability?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#13 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:17 AM

Yes it was.

I'll go... Hopefully the same rules will apply as for the House of Commons !
East stand second class citizen.

#14 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:26 AM

Yes it was.

Sounds a bit iffy to my laymans ears. Surely profit targets can be set without this separation?

#15 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

I have something that I would like to be asked if possible.

If the total football wages cost around £3,000,000 as quoted by AC then that is around 40% or so of turnover. Even if it was 50% it's still well below the FFP cap. And if the catering side is making around £250k a year as quoted by DA then where is the £1,300,000 loss being made(excluding player sales)

Second question. Have CFC put any money into the DV centre run by Sutcliffe and Turner, if so how much and how often.

Third. How much does CFC put into the "non first team squad" football set up.

Fourth. Why not go back to the Elgin John model for concerts, where we hire the venue to a promoting company and let them take the risk?
A new hope.

#16 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:07 AM

Yes it was.

Does that mean that 225-250k a year won't be ploughed back into the football side making things even harder?

I don't understand the concept. If we know how much it's making then it must be possible to split the accounts and it must already be possible to set targets.

It just sounds like a way of reducing money in the fit all side? Am I missing the point of it all?

#17 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 06 February 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Having attended a meeting on 03/02/15 which started at 14:05 involving Turner, Fitzgerald & Nick Johnson, with Allen making an appearance at 15:20, they don't value my opinion & vice-versa. The meeting closed just before 16:00.

I'll not be wasting my time again. Despite being a season ticket holder, I have all on getting motivated to attend games and rest assured that won't change until the management of the club changes.

You're a valued contributor on this messageboard, don't get caught up in posting rubbish just because it came from what you would expect to be a well placed source.

#18 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 06 February 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

I'd make an interested observer
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#19 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

Would it be moderated by dalekpete?

Would people who attend have to agree that the club is being ran how it should?

Out of interest, who attends these fans forum things now? Does bodie still go? He's a decent lad and I refuse to believe he's as gullible as others.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#20 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 07 February 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

Does that mean that 225-250k a year won't be ploughed back into the football side making things even harder?

I don't understand the concept. If we know how much it's making then it must be possible to split the accounts and it must already be possible to set targets.

It just sounds like a way of reducing money in the fit all side? Am I missing the point of it all?

Like you I just can't understand the real reason why this is being done, unless there is a plan by DA to keep the banqueting side and try to sell of the football club. One reason to be concerned is that the our income immediately goes down for the SCMP, meaning we will be hearing 'we have to reduce the football wages to meet the SCMP financial limits.'

For years we have heard 'a football club needs to make use of its facilities every day of the year rather than just say 25 times a year', and yet this will be effectively where the club will be at.
Plus the administration burden on the club's staff will increase with the posting of expenses and income to the two different companies, and cross billing from one to the other.
Can't they understand the concept of simple departmental accounting within one company?

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users