Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Pc Feeling The Pressure - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pc Feeling The Pressure Shouldn't laugh given our problems, but....

#61 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

Cookie is history! Time to move on..................but it did make me smile

#62 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostTyrion, on 07 February 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

"Mitch" hasn't done very well this season has he

It is easier to do when you are a league 2 club. Teams taking time to gel and sometimes it never works. Problem we had was losing so many players, and the ones we brought in not really working. We then have had injuries to players at worst possible times, Martinez lost after three games, Jones for the past three months, and now Evatt, and a lesser extent Raglan. Last year we only really lost Drew for any significant period, so had a settled team, can not say that this year

#63 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

View Postdjs, on 07 February 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Cookie is history! Time to move on..................but it did make me smile

That's the spirit!
East stand second class citizen.

#64 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 February 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

That's the spirit!

:glare:

#65 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

View Postdanblue, on 07 February 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

You might find him in your airing cupboard thinking it's the lift.......

I'd prefer it if I found him in the loo thinking it was a lift. :D

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 07 February 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

So what?
He didn't get it spot on every week. He got it spot on some weeks and now we are paying the price for the spend of doing so.
He didn't have CFCs best interests for the last few months
He was already thinking of taking our players to pompey. Roberts/Ryan/Morsy. No interest in sorting out contracts

So one championship, Wembley final and a play off spot isn't getting it spot on?
Your a tough customer.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#66 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:24 AM

View PostTyrion, on 07 February 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

"Mitch" hasn't done very well this season has he

Like I said DS chose to ignore his advise and bring in his own players. A decision that contributed to his demise. Now DW is at the helm all should change.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#67 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

View Postborn in 1866, on 08 February 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

Like I said DS chose to ignore his advise and bring in his own players. A decision that contributed to his demise. Now DW is at the helm all should change.

Not necessarily, I don't see how any of the three deadline signings were anything to do with Mitch

#68 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

View Postmoondog, on 08 February 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Not necessarily, I don't see how any of the three deadline signings were anything to do with Mitch

Mitch has pointed us in the direction of a number of players but, surely, it is the manager's decision whether or not to ask the powers that be to try and sign any particular player.

Mitch is continually scouting and monitoring players but not all, if signed, prove right - Banks & Gardner are not justifying any fees paid for them in my opinion.

Also, players we might be monitoring might not be available or, if they are, might not play in the positions we need to strengthen.

DW must have plenty of contacts in the game with his experience. He, no doubt, will be doing his best to get these contacts to release players to us at a price we can afford and, probably, calling in a few favours.

Now, he might have a little space in the budget but not much, and it has to be used wisely, to try and strengthen our weakest positions first.

I do have a feeling in my water, though, that we will see some movement this week - perhaps in and out.

This post has been edited by dtp: 08 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

#69 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

View Postmoondog, on 08 February 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Deadline day signings are made for a different reason. They're usually made to make a final push for promotion or, in our case, to try and avoid relegation. You don't tend to bring in players with potential on deadline day as the market is over inflated and it's doubtful that they will make an appearance for a few months so are not strengthening the first team that badly needed strengthening.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#70 User is offline   Sheffield Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Portsmouth Fan

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 07 February 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at SHEFFIELD BLUES home atm...:blush:

No fly's on my wall, just a shareholders certificate and some memories of past glories.

For what it's worth I think we will make the play offs and I think that would be a good return for the first season under cook. We could still make the automatic spots but its unlikely.

In isolation Saturdays result isnt a problem. The problem is its been three bad league results in the last three games. Had we beaten Oxford and Morcambe then its not such a bad result. The reality is we didn't. Many people seen a bit annoyed that he stormed off from a local radio presenter he has rubbed Cook and other managers up the wrong way in the past. While I dont think cook should have stormed off. I don't blame him Saturday was one of if not our worst performance of the season and after that you don't want to be dealing with someone you obviously don't get on with. So I understand his reaction.

Cook needs to get the team back into the early season mentality of pressing high up the pitch and retaining the ball. Lots of you have pointed out a few comments on one of the Pompey message boards about of procession not amounting to anything other than a couple of games this season that's not strictly true but the frustration after satuday is understandable.

My biggest disappointment of the season has been Roberts, he has been great in flashes but that's been about it. His absense from the team coincided with our best form. Is he the problem? Was he really that good?

I believe were two pieces away from completing the jigsaw and I'm not convinced the deadline day signing is one of those pieces.

Like cook says we just go again and we finsh the season where we deserve to be like every other club in the football league.

If we don't go up this season, there is always next season. There was a time we couldn't be sure that was going to be the case so no suicide watch needed here.

This post has been edited by Sheffield Blue: 08 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

#71 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 08 February 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Deadline day signings are made for a different reason. They're usually made to make a final push for promotion or, in our case, to try and avoid relegation. You don't tend to bring in players with potential on deadline day as the market is over inflated and it's doubtful that they will make an appearance for a few months so are not strengthening the first team that badly needed strengthening.

But Mitch's remit is not restricted to signing players with potential to develop, he's also here to identify players who can immediately make us better, the transfer window is when we can get them, he doesn't seem to have had much of an input this time around

#72 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

View Postmoondog, on 08 February 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

But Mitch's remit is not restricted to signing players with potential to develop, he's also here to identify players who can immediately make us better, the transfer window is when we can get them, he doesn't seem to have had much of an input this time around

How many of our signings have been purely down to Mitch?
A new hope.

#73 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

This 'Mitch' is no good

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic