Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Thankyou Dave Allen. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thankyou Dave Allen.

#81 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

That has to be the biggest fear. I am sure there isn't a single case of club being successful financially whilst renting their ground at a market rate. One thing is for sure, this proposed split isn't for the benefit of we fans of our football club.

You're not kidding.

Sadly there will be little resistance.

#82 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yes, especially something like the CBC loan as I would imagine it's secured on the ground.

It is getting to the stage where I don't see the point of the exercise

OK he'd get his profits from the catering and his rent to pay of his debts. However his catering profits would likely fall away, and so to his rent, if the club flounders, which has to be said is the likeliest outcome.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#83 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 07 February 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

You're not kidding.

Sadly there will be little resistance.

There only seems to be a few people concerned about it on this message board let alone the wide world

Perhaps we are just worrying too much?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#84 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

Seen this on Twitter from a young CFC fan....

Most expensive season tickets in the league only brings you 3 home wins all season and no goals against 9 men. Hats off to the board 👏🏻.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#85 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

View Postazul, on 07 February 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

There only seems to be a few people concerned about it on this message board let alone the wide world

We could do with someone like Phil Tooley getting his teeth into the subject. I fear we won't get a full explanation otherwise, it will all be delivered with a 'you fans don't need to worry your little heads about all this', and before we know it the club, under new owners, is in a legal dispute with the stadium owners over unreasonable conditions and rents (eg Coventry)

#86 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 06 February 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

It still bamboozles me how we have had the following...
£3.5 million in transfers
Two league championships
Two trips to Wembley
Cup winners
Play offs
Oh and an FA cup 4th round match against Derby that made us £350,000
We should be laughing &'bathing in champagne.....
......and we are skint & heavily in debt!!! 2+2 is making 6......nothing adds up ������������

To add to that we have only had a £2m playing budget this season and a lesser one last season. With a £5m + turnover from gate money and off field activities + the transfer money,Why isn't the debt coming down? It wouldn't be so bad if we could see light at the end of tunnel with the debt coming down,but it never does. All I can say is that the Proact must be a very expensive ground to run after the wage bill has been sorted.

#87 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

View Postsmiffy, on 08 February 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

To add to that we have only had a £2m playing budget this season and a lesser one last season.

for info........

acarson
Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:52 PM
£1.8 includes projection to the end of the season assuming no additional players coming in or going out.

It's surely likely that the wages of Liddle, Dimaio, Atkinson are no more than Morsy and Armands'.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#88 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 07 February 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Can it be secured on the ground when the loan was made years before we moved to the new ground?

cfc wouldn't have been able to sell saltergate unless a) they paid the council off or b) transferred the debt to the new ground

#89 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 08 February 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

cfc wouldn't have been able to sell saltergate unless a) they paid the council off or b) transferred the debt to the new ground

Correct. I have checked on Companies House and indeed the debt security for the CBC loan was transferred to Whittington Moor in March 2010.

#90 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 February 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Correct. I have checked on Companies House and indeed the debt security for the CBC loan was transferred to Whittington Moor in March 2010.

I have feared for a while that he wants to split the ground from the club that's why he always going on about the loan to the council but for the life of me I can't see were he can gain from it because the club isn't big enough to survive with a rental income to pay as well

#91 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

View Postdim view, on 08 February 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

for info........

acarson
Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:52 PM
£1.8 includes projection to the end of the season assuming no additional players coming in or going out.

It's surely likely that the wages of Liddle, Dimaio, Atkinson are no more than Morsy and Armands'.

Thanks, £1.8m or £2m it still doesnt add up.Still makes the Proact a very expensive arena after wages.

This post has been edited by smiffy: 08 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

#92 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 08 February 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

I have feared for a while that he wants to split the ground from the club that's why he always going on about the loan to the council but for the life of me I can't see were he can gain from it because the club isn't big enough to survive with a rental income to pay as well

What is interesting is who has priority regarding the charge on the ground? You would imagine Allen has and that this was negotiated with CBC when he made his investment. However, DA hasn't come across as the sharpest when it comes to due diligence and dotting of i's and crossing of t's.
If he doesn't have priority he would need the councils permission before anything could be done.
On checking at CH the council have a legal charge in 2010. Allens company only has a debenture showing .2009. There is no specific legal charge registered from Allen which would normally be the case in addition to a debenture.
Based on the above I can't see that Allen can do a lot with the ground without the councils say so.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#93 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 08 February 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

What is interesting is who has priority regarding the charge on the ground? You would imagine Allen has and that this was negotiated with CBC when he made his investment. However, DA hasn't come across as the sharpest when it comes to due diligence and dotting of i's and crossing of t's.
If he doesn't have priority he would need the councils permission before anything could be done.
On checking at CH the council have a legal charge in 2010. Allens company only has a debenture showing .2009. There is no specific legal charge registered from Allen which would normally be the case in addition to a debenture.
Based on the above I can't see that Allen can do a lot with the ground without the councils say so.

not unless he pays the council off

View Postsmiffy, on 08 February 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Thanks, £1.8m or £2m it still doesnt add up.Still makes the Proact a very expensive arena after wages.

there are about 100 non playing staff as well

View Postsmiffy, on 08 February 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

#94 User is offline   C HES TER FIELD 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 06 February 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

I consider myself to be a reasonable man who will always look for two sides to a story. I myself am all in favour of paying debts off, if the only way to do this is by selling players then it's a 👍 from me as long as you replace the players who leave with a talent aswell.
Now, in your tenure here we have enjoyed a success second to no other owners and I will always be grateful for that, but this season you have managed to sh*t on 5000 season ticket holders along with what could have been an extra 1000-1500 pay on the day supporters and you've done it without any show of concern to us at all. We were riding along on the crest of a wave last season and you have disassembled a football club to the highest bidders. Pathetic. Us supporters are a nuisance to your business which is now infuriating me, along with many, many others. Why don't you let us know why you are doing what you are doing? You have plenty of opportunities to include us but you choose to shut us out! We may not be multi millionaires like you (jeez. I'm lucky if I have two pennies to rub together after my bills have been paid) but it doesn't mean that we are below you. We all need water and food to survive. We don't deserve to be shown so much disrespect that you treat us with.
Whatever happened to this so called 70/30 split? We must've brought in a minimum of £3m from sales so to my expert maths that makes £900,000 of transfer kitty for the management team. Where is £900,000 of talent on that pitch?
We played against 9 men today for a good 20 minutes and we still couldn't score because our manager hasn't got the talent that £900,000 can bring in for this league, this is your fault and for godsake don't get me started on the car crash that was called Dean Saunders. Your time at our club is quickly turning the dream into a fu**in nightmare.
For crying out loud we walked out of that ground today listening to Peterborough supporters singing that they only need 9 men!
So thankyou. Thankyou for turning us into the laughing stock of league one.

View Postmetallilad, on 06 February 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

I consider myself to be a reasonable man who will always look for two sides to a story. I myself am all in favour of paying debts off, if the only way to do this is by selling players then it's a 👍 from me as long as you replace the players who leave with a talent aswell.
Now, in your tenure here we have enjoyed a success second to no other owners and I will always be grateful for that, but this season you have managed to sh*t on 5000 season ticket holders along with what could have been an extra 1000-1500 pay on the day supporters and you've done it without any show of concern to us at all. We were riding along on the crest of a wave last season and you have disassembled a football club to the highest bidders. Pathetic. Us supporters are a nuisance to your business which is now infuriating me, along with many, many others. Why don't you let us know why you are doing what you are doing? You have plenty of opportunities to include us but you choose to shut us out! We may not be multi millionaires like you (jeez. I'm lucky if I have two pennies to rub together after my bills have been paid) but it doesn't mean that we are below you. We all need water and food to survive. We don't deserve to be shown so much disrespect that you treat us with.
Whatever happened to this so called 70/30 split? We must've brought in a minimum of £3m from sales so to my expert maths that makes £900,000 of transfer kitty for the management team. Where is £900,000 of talent on that pitch?
We played against 9 men today for a good 20 minutes and we still couldn't score because our manager hasn't got the talent that £900,000 can bring in for this league, this is your fault and for godsake don't get me started on the car crash that was called Dean Saunders. Your time at our club is quickly turning the dream into a fu**in nightmare.
For crying out loud we walked out of that ground today listening to Peterborough supporters singing that they only need 9 men!
So thankyou. Thankyou for turning us into the laughing stock of league one.

110% correct, well said.

#95 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

Are we a laughing stock?

#96 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:19 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 08 February 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

not unless he pays the council

im pretty sure a good percentage of those will be part timers.

This post has been edited by smiffy: 08 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

#97 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

View Postsmiffy, on 08 February 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

im pretty sure a good percentage of those will be part timers.

Only guessing but 50+ matchday stewards,a dozen programme sellers,20-30 staff in the stand concessions.

That takes care of 80+ that are matchday only.

#98 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

View Postazul, on 07 February 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

No i believe we are concerned but most don't understand

#99 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 08 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Only guessing but 50+ matchday stewards,a dozen programme sellers,20-30 staff in the stand concessions.

It's still begs the question,what's sucking all the money away ?

This post has been edited by smiffy: 09 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

#100 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 08 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

In guessing earning an average of £40 each so £3200 per match in total. Not exactly breaking the bank.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users