Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Picking The Bones Out Of That!! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Picking The Bones Out Of That!!

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

Peterborough were a very, very poor team in every aspect
The ref was shocking
We made bad decisions allover the park
Did it look as though we had two players extra.....no!
We wouldn't have scored if we had played until next week
We need a striker!! We need to put chances away
We were lacking creativity when we needed it against 9 men...
9 men..& we couldn't create clear cut chances against 9 ruddy men...fuming

Three men have cost us this season
Dean Saunders
Dave Allen
Chris Turner
No excuses....they have!!!

#2 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

and the biggest culprit is the man in the middle of that list, Dave Allen.

#3 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 06 February 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

Is the loan window still open?

Baz

God is not obliged to keep the promises of mankind

#4 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Against 9 men it was always going to be hard...they were bound to drop men back defend for there lives....the biggest crime was having no width whatsoever against 10 men ....there was no outlet on the left all game we played everything infront of their back 4 for the majority, not until gardner came on did we have any width on yhe left....terrible managerial decisions today
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#5 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 06 February 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Against 9 men it was always going to be hard...they were bound to drop men back defend for there lives....the biggest crime was having no width whatsoever against 10 men ....there was no outlet on the left all game we played everything infront of their back 4 for the majority, not until gardner came on did we have any width on yhe left....terrible managerial decisions today

got to agree with this, once they went down to 10 we said get gboly and gardner on and make the pitch big, it took too long for this to happen.

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 06 February 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

got to agree with this, once they went down to 10 we said get gboly and gardner on and make the pitch big, it took too long for this to happen.

For me the defining moment was when Novak **** out of the diving header

#7 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

We did not play to the conditions enough in the first half ie shooting from any angle and distance with the wind and rain in our fasvour

They did very little in the second half except a shot from about thirty five yards that was deflected for the corner which led to their soft goal

Also the fluke half volley from the keeper which he caught just right letting the wind take the ball with the bounce off the pitch forcing Tommy into a last gasp save

When the second player got sent off Morgan threw up his hands in frustration I think because he realised how even more difficult it
was going to be to break down a typical Westley team who would get everyone back behind the ball

Remember the Stevenage team that came to the B2net in our 2nd season at the new ground had a player sent off I think and then slowed the match down
with time wasting niggly tactics but let in a late goal from Jack Lester in what seemed like the 10th minute of injury time for a 1-1 draw

Well today he went one better with a player less unfortunatley

This post has been edited by whittman: 06 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

#8 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 06 February 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

It was typical Graham Westley tactics today and the referee and his linesmen were well versed in playing second fiddle in allowing them to run the match.

Twice in the first half the referee warned them about holding and pushing in the penalty area only for him to watch them hold and push when the ball was in play. He warned them again in the second half too but continued to let them do it. The irony being that they scored by using the exact same tactic but, of corse, the men in black chose not to see it.

Two minutes extra time was added on in the first half, Herd had been injured for that amount of time and they were time wasting at every opportunity. Five minutes would have been closer to the mark.

The officials were extremely weak today, yes, but in the end we just could not get shots on target against a very well organised defence. In every other respect we matched them. Playing against a nine man wall with a one goal lead is not as easy as it might seem but when you are at the bottom nothing seems to go for you whilst when you are on the up you get the sort of luck posh got today.

#9 User is offline   diddyuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

Excuse me but did DW make the decisions that happened on the pitch by picking the team and how they play

#10 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

The ref was shocking

Dean Saunders
Dave Allen
Chris Turner

Agreed.

When they went down to 9 men, I'd have taken (say Hird) off and not Jayo.

Overall, very disappointed with today. Tommy Lee didn't have that much to do apart from push over a effort from their GK and pick the ball out the net once.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#11 User is online   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 06 February 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

For me the defining moment was when Novak **** out of the diving header

He didn't duck out of it, he just didn't get there in time. For me, the defining moment was when Novak failed to get the free kick on target - it was in a perfect position just off-centre, which opened up a huge area for him to aim at, and he couldn't even get it on target, absolutely shocking, especially as we would almost certainly have gone on to win IMO if that had gone in.

#12 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

The ref was shocking

Dean Saunders
Dave Allen
Chris Turner

Sorry to disagree, we need 2 strikers not 1. Let's clear out the remnants of Saunders signings.

Although tbf O'Neil had a good game and is improving so I would be willing to keep him

SEB not effective enough at this level, with Novak only marginally better.

Wouldn't it be great to have Simons and Doyle up front.

#13 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

The team simple are not good enough the players are inexperienced and dont have a clue how to win games. The reincarnation of Brian Clough couldnt sort this shambles out. Dave Allen can blame the fans as much as he wants but the cupboard is bare who does he think he is selling next season?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#14 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

View Postsophocles, on 06 February 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

He didn't duck out of it, he just didn't get there in time. For me, the defining moment was when Novak failed to get the free kick on target - it was in a perfect position just off-centre, which opened up a huge area for him to aim at, and he couldn't even get it on target, absolutely shocking, especially as we would almost certainly have gone on to win IMO if that had gone in.

Duck wasn't the word I used it began with s. Made no real effort to get to it. To scared of getting clattered.

#15 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 06 February 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

Duck wasn't the word I used it began with s. Made no real effort to get to it. To scared of getting clattered.

100% neshed out when he saw the post coming his way. Pathetic.

#16 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

View Postdtp, on 06 February 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

It was typical Graham Westley tactics today and the referee and his linesmen were well versed in playing second fiddle in allowing them to run the match.

Twice in the first half the referee warned them about holding and pushing in the penalty area only for him to watch them hold and push when the ball was in play. He warned them again in the second half too but continued to let them do it. The irony being that they scored by using the exact same tactic but, of corse, the men in black chose not to see it.

Two minutes extra time was added on in the first half, Herd had been injured for that amount of time and they were time wasting at every opportunity. Five minutes would have been closer to the mark.

The officials were extremely weak today, yes, but in the end we just could not get shots on target against a very well organised defence. In every other respect we matched them. Playing against a nine man wall with a one goal lead is not as easy as it might seem but when you are at the bottom nothing seems to go for you whilst when you are on the up you get the sort of luck posh got today.

:rolleyes: No doubt Westley will call their performance "professional" I call it disgraceful!Fully deserved to have 2 sent off and the antics of their keeper?He should have been off for his timewasting and feigning injury to stop our momentum,oldest trick in the book. :angry:
Many a good tune

#17 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

A very poor team, poor squad. Poor management of the club will mean relegation. We looked awful against ten, even more so against nine. As for those who say playing against 9 is difficult - rubbish. Get the ball on the floor, be patient, stretch the opposition and wait for the chances. Today we did nothing of the sort and as a result only forced one save from the keeper in the last 40 mins. Oneil, Novak, herd, Simons, SEB, Donahue, to name a few will be players that will be long forgotten very quickly. A shambles of a season.

#18 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

It became laughable when we had a back 4 at one stage marking nobody! Why wasn't one of those dragged off instead of O'Shea?

#19 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostBrimington Barry, on 06 February 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Is the loan window still open?

Baz

Opens monday
God I hate this league.

#20 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 06 February 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

A very poor team, poor squad. Poor management of the club will mean relegation. We looked awful against ten, even more so against nine. As for those who say playing against 9 is difficult - rubbish. Get the ball on the floor, be patient, stretch the opposition and wait for the chances. Today we did nothing of the sort and as a result only forced one save from the keeper in the last 40 mins. Oneil, Novak, herd, Simons, SEB, Donahue, to name a few will be players that will be long forgotten very quickly. A shambles of a season.

Envisage our team last season against 9 men......makes me want to cry thinking how exciting that would have been 😫😫😫😫😫

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users