Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Management Instructions Today - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Management Instructions Today

#1 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

Were they adhered to?
On scoring the second goal Saunders was trying to get instructions on to Morsy and Evatt. It seemed to me that he was shouting to them to get the team to play a higher line and push on to the midfield higher up the pitch and close the gap between midfield and defence. And for the number 11to get 'special treatment' as he was beginning to run the midfield. For the next 10 mins I felt we sat back, as we did when we scored the first. DS and MC were screaming the same instructions time and again. At which point Evatt went through their number11 and the message seemed to register with the other players and we played 5or6 yards further forward.
My point is does Saunders instructions actually sink in during the prematch and halftime team talk or is it that they think that they know better at the time. I sometimes think that the players are not totally with the program!

#2 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:02 AM

View Postdjs, on 03 October 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Were they adhered to?
On scoring the second goal Saunders was trying to get instructions on to Morsy and Evatt. It seemed to me that he was shouting to them to get the team to play a higher line and push on to the midfield higher up the pitch and close the gap between midfield and defence. And for the number 11to get 'special treatment' as he was beginning to run the midfield. For the next 10 mins I felt we sat back, as we did when we scored the first. DS and MC were screaming the same instructions time and again. At which point Evatt went through their number11 and the message seemed to register with the other players and we played 5or6 yards further forward.
My point is does Saunders instructions actually sink in during the prematch and halftime team talk or is it that they think that they know better at the time. I sometimes think that the players are not totally with the program!

How would you know unless you were in the changing room what was said at pre-match or half time?

#3 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:26 AM

When we got the 2nd goal, Evo was relling the players to keep focused. Him and Charlie were awesomecat the back. I think Hird would have been a better option at rb as O'neil struggled.
lindave

#4 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:58 AM

It's one thing yelling the instructions you want your team to do, but it won't just click straight away with the 11 on the field, especially at this level.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#5 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

Were they adhered to?

:blink: That should always be the plan.Every time the opposition get near our box we look vunerable and struggle to clear our lines.We won the game because Crewe are a poor struggling outfit.We'll need to get things right against the Gills next Sat'day. :closedeyes:
Many a good tune

#6 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

Were they adhered to?

Well, I didn't go but I agree, the highlights show that during their period in control, second half of the first half, our defensive line was far too deep. Maybe it's indiscipline, maybe it's because unlike when Tendayi played, the RB can't be trusted one on one, or summat else, I don't know. There must be summat up when even the combined efforts of Tommy and Evo can't get them up the pitch.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#7 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostBlueRover52, on 04 October 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

:blink: That should always be the plan.Every time the opposition get near our box we look vunerable and struggle to clear our lines.We won the game because Crewe are a poor struggling outfit.We'll need to get things right against the Gills next Sat'day. :closedeyes:

Yes, we need everyone fit, dont want to be a bit green around the gills on saturday.

#8 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 October 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

How would you know unless you were in the changing room what was said at pre-match or half time?

We are not all ball watches cps, I do look at what the management team do during matches occasionally.

This post has been edited by djs: 04 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

#9 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

View Postdjs, on 04 October 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

We are not all ball watches cps, I do look at what the management team do during matches occasionally.

Peeping Tom! #voyeur
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#10 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Postdjs, on 04 October 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

True.
Very little effect of management during game (apart from substitutions). The shouting and pointing is often a 'release' for the manager otherwise they'd blow a gasket just sitting there.

Some good studies done recently on effectiveness of match day changing room team talks. The half time in particular is apparently only effective for most in the first and last 30 seconds attention wise

#11 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:42 PM

Perhaps that's why the likes of Clough and Wenger in his early Arsenal days were praised for their motivational skills- they kept it brief?

It's always interesting to sit near the dugouts- it's often difficult to catch what's being shouted during a league match but in non-league (the levels I watch, anyhow) almost every word can be heard.
These go to eleven.

#12 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 04 October 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Perhaps that's why the likes of Clough and Wenger in his early Arsenal days were praised for their motivational skills- they kept it brief?

It's always interesting to sit near the dugouts- it's often difficult to catch what's being shouted during a league match but in non-league (the levels I watch, anyhow) almost every word can be heard.

Do you have a fetish for foul and abusive?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#13 User is offline   t11cky 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

He will be desperate to win tonight to further relieve the pressure, so his tactics might be as good as a good Sunday league sides tactics

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users