Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Crewe - A Fork In The Road - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crewe - A Fork In The Road

#1 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Lose and its free fall. Win and maybe, just maybe the ship'll be steadied. Amazing that a game at this stage of the season should be this crucial

#2 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

View Posthardgums, on 03 October 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Lose and its free fall. Win and maybe, just maybe the ship'll be steadied. Amazing that a game at this stage of the season should be this crucial

Lose in the manner of the Blackpool defeat and the alarm bells will really start...win needed badly today.
East stand second class citizen.

#3 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 October 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Lose in the manner of the Blackpool defeat and the alarm bells will really start...win needed badly today.

I've just gained sufficient courage to brave the Blackpool 'highlights' on you tube.....

I wish I hadn't looked. Good god. Shambolic.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#4 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 03 October 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

I've just gained sufficient courage to brave the Blackpool 'highlights' on you tube.....

I wish I hadn't looked. Good god. Shambolic.

I've not braved them yet, win today and I may do!
East stand second class citizen.

#5 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

I think the alarm bells have been ringing for a few weeks, DS needs to find the key to turn them off or they will only get louder and keep people away.

#6 User is offline   Gary the Snail 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

The best we can hope for is a scrappy win

#7 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

Let's remember these are garbage too, like Blackpool.

#8 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

A fork in the road or a knife in his back ????

#9 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

Quite probably. Our next home game looks tough.

#10 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Reading what 'Alex fans are saying on 'The Football Forum' (or whatever it's called these days) this is a clash between two sides bereft of purpose, form, and most likely confidence.

http://www.onefootba...sterfield.7825/

Not to mention two sets of fans expecting inevitable defeat thanks to managers neither lot rate or want.

Expect a nervous ninety minutes of tentative, unattractive, daren't-make-a-mistake football, perhaps decided by a late goal.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#11 User is offline   Spire_78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NOYFB

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

If it is decided by a late goal, I think we all know which way its most likely to go

#12 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostSpire_78, on 03 October 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

If it is decided by a late goal, I think we all know which way its most likely to go

Probably to DS lad coming off the bench (if he's on it).

#13 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

You never know, it might be our lucky day ...

#14 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

Ha ha ha -
I'ts the early goals we need to worry about ffs
God I hate this league.

#15 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 03 October 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Reading what 'Alex fans are saying on 'The Football Forum' (or whatever it's called these days) this is a clash between two sides bereft of purpose, form, and most likely confidence.

http://www.onefootba...sterfield.7825/

Not to mention two sets of fans expecting inevitable defeat thanks to managers neither lot rate or want.

Expect a nervous ninety minutes of tentative, unattractive, daren't-make-a-mistake football, perhaps decided by a late goal.

You must be really disappointed. I've seen better games, but you're a mile out.
Saunders is here for the season. You didn't want him but there's no need to act like a spoilt child. As for the fans that you presume to speak for not wanting him, most are neutral and most of the rest change their opinions according to the result of the last match.

#16 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

View Posth again, on 04 October 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

You must be really disappointed. I've seen better games, but you're a mile out.
Saunders is here for the season. You didn't want him but there's no need to act like a spoilt child. As for the fans that you presume to speak for not wanting him, most are neutral and most of the rest change their opinions according to the result of the last match.

You really are getting desperate in your search for petty, personal point-scoring, aren't you.

Have you bothered to read the link I supplied? Honestly? 'Cos what the Crewe contributors think is pretty clear and comments like - 'First away trip of the season for me but I have no idea why I'm going, it's clearly going to be a painful experience...maybe we'll get a bit of luck and claim a 0-0...nah, enjoy your points Crewe...I really wouldn't under-estimate how bad we look at the moment Crewe...only reason I'd go for this is to sing Saunders out and I'm not paying whatever the price of a ticket is to do that...unless we improve hugely from the other night there's no way we can beat a fellow professional side...we weren't great again...we may be hamstrung by a seemingly blinkered manager...Saunders' selection process is becoming increasingly muddled' - hardly suggest the "neutral" stance you claim "most" Town fans have (and hey, innit funny how such assertions are perfectly acceptable from you yet I'm somehow 'presuming to speak' for folk when I generalise).

Then another little jibe at our fans who you say '...change their opinions according to the result of the last match', too.

The only thing that 'disappoints' me is the thought of a grown man pursuing such a bitter and spiteful agenda.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 05 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

#17 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 October 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

You really are getting desperate in your search for petty, personal point-scoring, aren't you.

Have you bothered to read the link I supplied? Honestly? 'Cos what the Crewe contributors think is pretty clear and comments like - 'First away trip of the season for me but I have no idea why I'm going, it's clearly going to be a painful experience...maybe we'll get a bit of luck and claim a 0-0...nah, enjoy your points Crewe...I really wouldn't under-estimate how bad we look at the moment Crewe...only reason I'd go for this is to sing Saunders out and I'm not paying whatever the price of a ticket is to do that...unless we improve hugely from the other night there's no way we can beat a fellow professional side...we weren't great again...we may be hamstrung by a seemingly blinkered manager...Saunders' selection process is becoming increasingly muddled' - hardly suggest the "neutral" stance you claim "most" Town fans have (and hey, innit funny how such assertions are perfectly acceptable from you yet I'm somehow 'presuming to speak' for folk when I generalise).

Then another little jibe at our fans who you say '...change their opinions according to the result of the last match', too.

The only thing that 'disappoints' me is the thought of a grown man pursuing such a bitter and spiteful agenda.

That's true, Chris, and it's very self-aware of you to realise it. So why not try giving the club you profess to support the benefit of the doubt now and again?

While you're at I should stop thinking the verbal antics of a few kids on here represent the views of the majority. The ones with a lot to say will be saying something entirely different if we beat Gillingham - the vast majority will take it in their stride and reach a conclusion when there's a bit more to go on.

#18 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

View Posth again, on 05 October 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

That's true, Chris, and it's very self-aware of you to realise it. So why not try giving the club you profess to support the benefit of the doubt now and again?

While you're at I should stop thinking the verbal antics of a few kids on here represent the views of the majority. The ones with a lot to say will be saying something entirely different if we beat Gillingham - the vast majority will take it in their stride and reach a conclusion when there's a bit more to go on.

And there you go again - claiming to speak for some sort of majority when you've only just accused me of doing the same. From the bloke who preaches to others about 'self-awareness'.

All I did was supply a link to a thread with "...two sets of fans expecting inevitable defeat thanks to managers neither lot rate or want", a comment clearly confirmed by it's content. Unless you'd like to once again deny what everyone can see with their own eyes, of course. Then what about that amusing 'Which Dean would you prefer to Saunders?' one on here prior to his appointment? And the reaction of many mature and reasonable fans to last Saturday's result was anything but "neutral".

Saunders' true popularity? I honestly don't know - but then for all your posturing neither do you. However whilst I'm happy to accept that many are unhappy and respect their views all you offer is more bitter and anonymous conceit.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 06 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

#19 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 06 October 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Saunders' true popularity? I honestly don't know - but then for all your posturing neither do you. However whilst I'm happy to accept that many are unhappy and respect their views all you offer is more bitter and anonymous conceit.

Well I have no idea how many respect my view, but here goes....... I'm unhappy but I want to keep the manager.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#20 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

View Postdim view, on 06 October 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

Well I have no idea how many respect my view, but here goes....... I'm unhappy but I want to keep the manager.

If no one else I respect your view, Dave.

And y'know what? It doesn't matter what you, I, or anyone else on here thinks because Saunders' future will be decided by the punters, simple as that.

Enough through the turnstiles to balance the books and he stays but if crowds dwindle to unsustainable levels he goes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users