Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Shakes Head In Disbelief! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shakes Head In Disbelief!

#21 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 30 September 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

we have already got near the championship by getting in the playoffs three games away is pretty near in my book

We were a million miles away, look where the 3 promoted teams are right now then look where we are.....time to wake up and smell the coffee....

#22 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 30 September 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

We were a million miles away, look where the 3 promoted teams are right now then look where we are.....time to wake up and smell the coffee....

shut up you petulant little dwarf whats now got to do with it

#23 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 01 October 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

#classicbanter

This post has been edited by ArcticSpireite: 01 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Happiness is like a cake. Have too much; and you get sick of it.

#24 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

View Posth again, on 30 September 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Absolutely correct? It's completely the opposite, as you must realise. I don't suppose for one moment that DA was sorry to see the money rolling in, but there was no way on this earth that he could have kept players offered multiples of their earnings in higher divisions - they were going without a backward glance, and fair play to them.
And if, by some bit of good fortune, a few of the current crop of youngsters come good, then exactly the same will happen - to be followed immediately by you denouncing DA for selling them.
Back in the real world it's players and agents who decide what's going to happen. We don't like it, but most people are too sensible to use it as a stick to beat the Chairman with.

So are you claiming Dave Allen was desperate to keep Doyle, Roberts, Clucas and Darikwa? That they'd still be Town players but for their cash-grabbing greed? Their exit had nothing whatsoever to do with the Chairman's constant talk of reducing the debt?

Once again you demonstrate just how little you know of what's really happening at CFC.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#25 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 October 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

So are you claiming Dave Allen was desperate to keep Doyle, Roberts, Clucas and Darikwa? That they'd still be Town players but for their cash-grabbing greed? Their exit had nothing whatsoever to do with the Chairman's constant talk of reducing the debt?

Once again you demonstrate just how little you know of what's really happening at CFC.

I agree wi thee.

The Chairman could have secured the services of Morsy and Tendayi when we were doing well last year, taking the initiative and rendering any subsequent antics by their agents controllable. He chose not to because he wanted debt clearing. With hindsight, he'd have signed them up if he'd known he would be able to sell Clucas.

We now come onto whether 'blame' is appropriate. I personally am so sick of hearing about the bludddy debt that my vote goes on getting it cleared. So, no blame. We have sufficient resources now to react to any crises and consolidate, thus being realistically in no worse position than we were last year, but with less debt.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#26 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:04 PM

The way forward is a new investor who is not a shyster

#27 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 01 October 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Haha he defo touched a nerve.

#28 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

Doyley was fully prepared to stay but the club accepted the first offer and wanted to cash in asap.

#29 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 October 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Doyley was fully prepared to stay but the club accepted the first offer and wanted to cash in asap.

we are trying to have a serious discussion.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#30 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

View Postsophocles, on 29 September 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

I'm really amazed that you, or anybody else, needs to ask that question because the answer is so obvious. The reason it has so predictably gone so bad is because the Chairman cashed in by selling most of our best players, leaving a new manager with a mixture of inexperienced youngsters and unfit older players and no chance to blend them into a TEAM of any description before the season started. Any blame is 100% Mr Allen's, and calling for the manager to go is not going to solve anything.

I wouldn't say 100% but about 97%, I still blame Saunders for the negative tactics and surely he had watched the players he's signed ( they have all been a bunch of injured crocks so far),the Herd signing in particular has bemused me.(he shows no positive signs of fitness).It's a crying shame Martinez got an unlucky injury, we wouldn't have been in this mess if he had been playing.I hope O'Neil and Novak find some form because on paper they look good signings.I hope SEb is not just stealing a wage, he's been a big disappointment.DA has sold half our assets but has brought good money into the Club, if it pays off some of our debts so be it. I think he rushed into replacing Cooky, I don't think Saunders will be the answer but I hope I'm wrong big style. DA promised us entertaining football, but our beautiful passing game under Cook and Shezza has been completely abandoned, and as a result fans are stopping away because the enjoyment has gone.We are back to the bad old days when we gave up and let the opposition batter us, the heads go down and any football we had been playing vanishes and we look a team of loses.I cannot see any motivation coming from the management on the bench,DS usually has his hands in his pockets,looking at his shoes or arms folded looking though he hasn't got a clue what to do next. Yes, we've replaced our star men with a bunch of crocks, however he got young players who given the chance would die for the Blue shirt. Raglan,Simons,Orrel and even Beasley and McGuire,if the senior players can't lift their game give the youngsters a go.

This post has been edited by lindave: 01 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

lindave

#31 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

View Postlindave, on 01 October 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

I wouldn't say 100% but about 97%, I still blame Saunders for the negative tactics and surely he had watched the players he's signed ( they have all been a bunch of injured crocks so far),the Herd signing in particular has bemused me.(he shows no positive signs of fitness).It's a crying shame Martinez got an unlucky injury, we wouldn't have been in this mess if he had been playing.I hope O'Neil and Novak find some form because on paper they look good signings.I hope SEb is not just stealing a wage, he's been a big disappointment.DA has sold half our assets but has brought good money into the Club, if it pays off some of our debts so be it. I think he rushed into replacing Cooky, I don't think Saunders will be the answer but I hope I'm wrong big style. DA promised us entertaining football, but our beautiful passing game under Cook and Shezza has been completely abandoned, and as a result fans are stopping away because the enjoyment has gone.We are back to the bad old days when we gave up and let the opposition batter us, the heads go down and any football we had been playing vanishes and we look a team of loses.I cannot see any motivation coming from the management on the bench,DS usually has his hands in his pockets,looking at his shoes or arms folded looking though he hasn't got a clue what to do next. Yes, we've replaced our star men with a bunch of crocks, however he got young players who given the chance would die for the Blue shirt. Raglan,Simons,Orrel and even Beasley and McGuire,if the senior players can't lift their game give the youngsters a go.

Not in disagreement but would be a brave gamble by DS. Sticking that 17 yr old on at RB didnt exactly work, though I can't remember what the bench options were at the time.

#32 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

View Postlindave, on 01 October 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Can't disagree with that; while I say give DS a chance, I also have to say his style isn't exactly inspiring and he's got to bring about a huge improvement very quickly to win fans over. I'm not at all sure any of our youngsters are ready yet to make the huge leap up to L1 level, but they might have to be thrown in at the deep end if our highly experienced invalids don't pull their fingers out very soon.

#33 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

View Postdim view, on 01 October 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

we are trying to have a serious discussion.

You had better not get involved then

#34 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

View Postsophocles, on 01 October 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Can't disagree with that; while I say give DS a chance, I also have to say his style isn't exactly inspiring and he's got to bring about a huge improvement very quickly to win fans over. I'm not at all sure any of our youngsters are ready yet to make the huge leap up to L1 level, but they might have to be thrown in at the deep end if our highly experienced invalids don't pull their fingers out very soon.

Raglan is currently a better defender than both Herd and Talbot. Simons is the quickest available forward by a mile and we lack pace upfront.

#35 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

View Postboot, on 01 October 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Raglan is currently a better defender than both Herd and Talbot. Simons is the quickest available forward by a mile and we lack pace upfront.

agreed.
lindave

#36 User is offline   BLUE SINCE 62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

View Postboot, on 01 October 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

At the moment it does'nt matter who's upfront for us (it could be Messi) if you dont get the ball to them they can't score.

#37 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostBLUE SINCE 62, on 01 October 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

At the moment it does'nt matter who's upfront for us (it could be Messi) if you dont get the ball to them they can't score.

Well mate we missed two simple headers against Burton and it looks like we had chances at Blackpool- so the problem isn't all about not making chances it's about finishing. Simons can't be any worse than the current non-strikers.

#38 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:21 PM

Perfectly true. I know about the same as you do, which is next to nothing. Difference is, I don't feel the need to big myself up by pretending to be in the know.
Doyle, Roberts, Clucas and Darikwa - and Cooper for that matter - were going as soon as their agents negotiated the deals, and nothing anybody at CFC could do was going to change that. Whether DA wanted to keep them or not is irrelevant - their agents knew to the nearest pound what they were worth and they'd have been fools to turn it down.
Once again you demonstrate how little you know about what's happening in the real world.
Or, to be fair, you probably do, but take any opportunity to slag off the management of CFC.

#39 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

View Posth again, on 01 October 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

Perfectly true. I know about the same as you do, which is next to nothing. Difference is, I don't feel the need to big myself up by pretending to be in the know.
Doyle, Roberts, Clucas and Darikwa - and Cooper for that matter - were going as soon as their agents negotiated the deals, and nothing anybody at CFC could do was going to change that. Whether DA wanted to keep them or not is irrelevant - their agents knew to the nearest pound what they were worth and they'd have been fools to turn it down.
Once again you demonstrate how little you know about what's happening in the real world.
Or, to be fair, you probably do, but take any opportunity to slag off the management of CFC.

I shouldn't think many fans don't understand that we had to let those players go.

The point is, we have replaced them with exactly the opposite of what has just reaped us financial rewards. Instead of buying more young players with potential we have bought championship failures/crocks. And hired a manager who has a long record of relegation and football that is awful to watch.

#40 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 01 October 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

I shouldn't think many fans don't understand that we had to let those players go.

The point is, we have replaced them with exactly the opposite of what has just reaped us financial rewards. Instead of buying more young players with potential we have bought championship failures/crocks. And hired a manager who has a long record of relegation and football that is awful to watch.

Well, young Snelly obviously doesn't understand for a start, which is why I have to keep pointing out the reason they went. You can add Sophocles to that small but select list.

Who we have replaced them with is irrelevant to the argument, but if you want my view they aren't Championship failures, though they may be crocks. In another month or so we might be in a position to judge - at the moment any opinions are just urinating into the breeze, because we haven't the data to make a judgement.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users