• You cannot reply to this topic

Ebanks Blake

#21 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 27 September 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's difficult to attach too much blame to SEB given the way we play is wholly unsuited to his game. For Saunders to persist despite this is not a good sign.

You'd have hoped that Saunders would've developed a system to use him in the most efficient way possible really.

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostGoku, on 27 September 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

You'd have hoped that Saunders would've developed a system to use him in the most efficient way possible really.

It's not too much to ask is it? There are very few signs, sadly, that Saunders is up to the job.

#23 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 27 September 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's difficult to attach too much blame to SEB given the way we play is wholly unsuited to his game. For Saunders to persist despite this is not a good sign.

The thing is, it's the defence that is the problem. They can't keep us in it on the occasions when our forrads are neutralised. It seems logical to me that if the combined talents of Jayo, Gardner, and Gboly can only muster a single chance between them in 90 minutes, then SEB isn't going to fare much different. Despite that, we had enough chances to win if the defence had been able to keep a clean sheet.

Once again, the highlights are a horror show down our right, where Drew and Gboly are exposed at will; and at CH where Hird had a very poor day.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#24 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hird was my MOTM so I demand a recount

#25 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

The thing is, it's the defence that is the problem. They can't keep us in it on the occasions when our forrads are neutralised. It seems logical to me that if the combined talents of Jayo, Gardner, and Gboly can only muster a single chance between them in 90 minutes, then SEB isn't going to fare much different. Despite that, we had enough chances to win if the defence had been able to keep a clean sheet.

Once again, the highlights are a horror show down our right, where Drew and Gboly are exposed at will; and at CH where Hird had a very poor day.

Didn't Hird get MOTM?

#26 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostGoku, on 27 September 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hird was my MOTM so I demand a recount

Sam Hird had a shocker. Evo was MOM by a mile.

This post has been edited by dim view: 27 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

#27 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostGoku, on 27 September 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hahajaajjaajaj

Someone trapped your knackers in a door? Oh I see that line up is rubbish, agreed! let's try this one for size

Lee

Hird Evatt Raglan Jones

Morsy Donahue

Ariybi Simons O'Shea

SEB (with a big Norm boot up his (bigger) arris as he leaves the tunnel!!!!)
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#28 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Thought they both played well but fair enough squire we all see things differently. Evo's been a colossus so far this season.

This post has been edited by Goku: 27 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

#29 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostGoku, on 27 September 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

Thought they both played well but fair enough squire we all see things differently. Evo's been a colossus so far this season.

the best single investment that DS could make is a big commanding CH to partner Evo. Somebody like that left footer who played for Rochdale.

#30 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

You were either not at the game, or you don't know which one is Sam Hird (he was the one with a big 4 on his back).He scored our goal, had another good header well saved by the keeper, and did his main job of defending pretty well. I hope you'll be able to recognise him next time you get to a game. Sorry you didn't enjoy the performances of the new players and lads from the reserves that you and your pals predicted would make us stronger this season.

#31 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostMr Blue Sky, on 27 September 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

Lee

Herd Hird Evatt Jones

Talbot O'Neil Morsy O'Shea

SEB Novak

Only problems with that are neither Herd nor Novak are fit enough to play at present, O'Shea couldn't do a thing right yesterday, O'Neil and Talbot still look well short of fitness etc.

When fit and performing I don't mind your line-up but I tried to base my team on who is fit and available now.

#32 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

the best single investment that DS could make is a big commanding CH to partner Evo. Somebody like that left footer who played for Rochdale.

I think we need to persevere with Raglan. Not the best positionally but there's potential there.

#33 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 27 September 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

He does make some brilliant runs, and no doubt with the service has the ability to score goals.

Main issue though is that it appears as though he doesn't train with the players through the week?? Well that's how it seems on a Saturday anyway.

Got to persist as our main striker and find a way to give him the service he needs.

I'm not having what one or 2 said on Peak FM though yesterday that he's still finding his fitness. 9 games in on a 1 year deal - there are no excuses about match fitness now!

If he's here to put himself in the shop window then it's currentlt not happening. A big gamble from Saunders in bringing SEB here what with all the out goings and now the run of injuries which to be fair are easing but do impact on player fitness. SEB has to be successful if he has any hopes of returning to The Championship, if he isn't this could add to any Saunders back -lash.

God I hate this league.

#34 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

View Postsophocles, on 27 September 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

You were either not at the game, or you don't know which one is Sam Hird (he was the one with a big 4 on his back).He scored our goal, had another good header well saved by the keeper, and did his main job of defending pretty well. I hope you'll be able to recognise him next time you get to a game. Sorry you didn't enjoy the performances of the new players and lads from the reserves that you and your pals predicted would make us stronger this season.

I am quite willing to be judged by my peers. The highlights show he had a defensive nightmare. His miss kick caused their first goal. His failure to get across the pitch to cut off their scorer contributed to the second goal, and in between he was terribly indecisive. If you want to give him MOM because of his goal attempts, fair enough.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoy them.

I made no such prediction, unlike you. Life goes on.

#35 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostGoku, on 27 September 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I think we need to persevere with Raglan. Not the best positionally but there's potential there.

I'm afraid I've got a downer on Charlie. I don't think he is going to be good enough. DS is having a very close look at Michael as a CH and at reserve level, he's breezing it. DS doesn't trust him to be mistake free yet though. If ever a player could blossom out on loan in L2, it's Michael.

#36 User is offline   Lee Ranaldo 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

I'm afraid I've got a downer on Charlie. I don't think he is going to be good enough. DS is having a very close look at Michael as a CH and at reserve level, he's breezing it. DS doesn't trust him to be mistake free yet though. If ever a player could blossom out on loan in L2, it's Michael.

I couldn't understand the thinking behind the team for the last reserve game, we played six strikers yet again and moved players around from their normal positions to cover the
gaps. The Doncaster game was due to injuries but this time around surely Charlie in at centre half with Maguire, enabling us to have a midfield of Donohue and Onuvwingon would have been a better bet. Surely Ollie Banks should be playing as well seeing as he's not getting much game time for the first team

#37 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

I am quite willing to be judged by my peers. The highlights show he had a defensive nightmare. His miss kick caused their first goal. His failure to get across the pitch to cut off their scorer contributed to the second goal, and in between he was terribly indecisive. If you want to give him MOM because of his goal attempts, fair enough.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoy them.

I made no such prediction, unlike you. Life goes on.

Once again you invent fictional statements in order to attack them; others gave Hird MOM, I never suggested that, I just disagreed with your statement that he had 'a very poor game'. I find it a bit odd that you appear to ignore the fact that he scored for us as if it's not important; I didn't notice him being particularly 'indecisive', in fact he was quite the opposite most of the time, and it's also odd that you single him out regarding the winning goal when it was scored by a runner down the left wing, which, in my understanding is mainly the responsibility of our right back. I'm still wondering whether your sweeping criticisms are based on having actually been at the game, since you appear to be basing them on watching 'the highlights'.

#38 User is online   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

You are allowed your own opinions but you are not allowed your own facts & I can assuredly say that it is a fact that Sam Hird did NOT have a shocker
& that, my friend is a fact supported by 90 minutes of evidence.

#39 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

View Postsophocles, on 27 September 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Once again you invent fictional statements in order to attack them; others gave Hird MOM, I never suggested that, I just disagreed with your statement that he had 'a very poor game'. I find it a bit odd that you appear to ignore the fact that he scored for us as if it's not important; I didn't notice him being particularly 'indecisive', in fact he was quite the opposite most of the time, and it's also odd that you single him out regarding the winning goal when it was scored by a runner down the left wing, which, in my understanding is mainly the responsibility of our right back. I'm still wondering whether your sweeping criticisms are based on having actually been at the game, since you appear to be basing them on watching 'the highlights'.

Tell me, before we carry on with this, have you seen the highlights?.

#40 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 September 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

Tell me, before we carry on with this, have you seen the highlights?.

No, I've seen the WHOLE of the actual game.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users