• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ebanks Blake

#1 User is offline   t11cky 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

Sorry but I cant see a post recently about him, what is everyones opinions now after a few games?

To me he looks unfit and useless. I think that just about sums my opinion up!

#2 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

View Postt11cky, on 26 September 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Sorry but I cant see a post recently about him, what is everyones opinions now after a few games?

Mate it's all over the other threads, can't see him ever being fit. On today's performance he adds nothing to the team.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#3 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 26 September 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:

Mate it's all over the other threads, can't see him ever being fit. On today's performance he adds nothing to the team.

We agree!
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#4 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 26 September 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

We agree!

Let's not start sucking each other's d**ks just yet.
Harvey Keitel - Pulp Fiction
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#5 User is offline   Half Full 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:06 AM

View Postt11cky, on 26 September 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

I think SEB covers more ground than people give him credit for. Much of his game is based around short runs where he steals half a yard on the defender and this happens throughout the game. What I we don't seem to have are players that can pick the pass to his feet and play it quickly. The system we play doesn't seem to help and he certainly isn't the target man we are using him as.
What worries me is that as one of the 'big name' signings he will not be dropped even if clear phe just does not fit into the team. Clearly not an option at the moment but I would rather play Novak as a single target man as his game is based on running into space.

#6 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

He does make some brilliant runs, and no doubt with the service has the ability to score goals.

Main issue though is that it appears as though he doesn't train with the players through the week?? Well that's how it seems on a Saturday anyway.

Got to persist as our main striker and find a way to give him the service he needs.

I'm not having what one or 2 said on Peak FM though yesterday that he's still finding his fitness. 9 games in on a 1 year deal - there are no excuses about match fitness now!
Twitter: Bodie0402

#7 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

He is not a target man, for sure, so if we are going to persist in playing him we need to find a way in giving him some help and to find out if he still has any strengths.

For the sake of discussion, I thought that if Armand had had as long as SEB on the pitch yesterday he might have got MOM!

O'Shea had a mare.

Change is necessary - but not necessarily 4-4-2 because we haven't got the energy in central midfield - Keith Hill's comments about Morsy being a good player with league one legs is looking truer and truer. Morsy seems to be struggling with his role in the team at present. Right back remains a big problem with Drew looking better but still struggling after 40 minutes, O'Neil looked better there until he did his kneecap. Herd seems to be a few weeks off yet and that's if he actually gets there.

I would suggest playing Armand behind SEB in O'Shea's role and allowing Morsy to sit deeper with whoever, Banks looked better than O'Neil, unless the latter is less than 70% fit he has to improve/speed up a lot to play central.

So,maybe, at the risk of getting shot down -

Lee
O'Neil, Hird, Evatt, Jones
Morsy, Banks
Ariyibi, Gnanduillet, Gardner
SEB

Bench - Chapman, O'Shea, Raglan, Talbot, Symons, Donahue, Herd

#8 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

Seb is stealinga wage at the moment, however its no good pumping the ball in the air, get it to his feet, get Simons feeding off him in the middle and we'll score goals.
lindave

#9 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

Lee.
Hird. Evo. Raglan. Jones.
Gardner. o'niel. Morsy.Donaghue.
Bolly.Simobs.
lindave

#10 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

Loads of fans KNOW it's no good pumping long balls in the air hoping SEB can do something with them. So ffs why doesn't Saunders.

#11 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:01 AM

View Postdtp, on 27 September 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

He is not a target man, for sure, so if we are going to persist in playing him we need to find a way in giving him some help and to find out if he still has any strengths.

For the sake of discussion, I thought that if Armand had had as long as SEB on the pitch yesterday he might have got MOM!

O'Shea had a mare.

Change is necessary - but not necessarily 4-4-2 because we haven't got the energy in central midfield - Keith Hill's comments about Morsy being a good player with league one legs is looking truer and truer. Morsy seems to be struggling with his role in the team at present. Right back remains a big problem with Drew looking better but still struggling after 40 minutes, O'Neil looked better there until he did his kneecap. Herd seems to be a few weeks off yet and that's if he actually gets there.

I would suggest playing Armand behind SEB in O'Shea's role and allowing Morsy to sit deeper with whoever, Banks looked better than O'Neil, unless the latter is less than 70% fit he has to improve/speed up a lot to play central.

Lee
Morsy, Banks
SEB

:unsure: Worth a try with both Gnandi and SEB in the line up.Only flaw is the midfield,needs more bite to take a bit of weight off Morsy,but who is the question at the moment. :blush:
Many a good tune

#12 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 27 September 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Loads of fans KNOW it's no good pumping long balls in the air hoping SEB can do something with them. So ffs why doesn't Saunders.

Saunders is desperate for a tactic maybe someone can show him one
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#13 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

O'Shea had a mare.

Lee
Morsy, Banks
SEB

Looks as good as anything
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#14 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 27 September 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Maybe he doesn't?? Maybe it's because we have no link whatsoever between midfield and attack, hence why we knock it long so much. Morsy is the best holding midfielder in league one and easily a top end Championship one imo, so why are we not playing him as one??

We also have a massive problem with our defence as both our central defenders like to attack the ball (especially Evatt) as well as play to much of a high line as a unit for my liking considering their lack of recovery speed; this is madness to me as neither have the pace to recover, leaving us very vulnerable to any punt up field, time and time again; it's so basic and embarrassing it's crazy it's still happening this far into the season time and time again every single match!

Our attack in non-existent and at best you could call it static.

To improve... We need our defence to actually sit deeper and to solely defend (God we miss Tendayi, who gave us so much to attack as well as defence). Our midfield needs to protect the back four more, meaning Morsy needs to go back to what he's best at. We need something else in the middle to link our midfield to attack (Jimmy Ryan) as our lone striker is on a hiding to nothing all game (not that I think Seb is the answer btw, as any lone striker needs to have high work ethic and mobility or the at the very, very least a bare minimum of being able to out jump/ muscle big ugly central defenders once in awhile.

Conclusion... We are a million miles away from having a decent side and I seriously fear for our survival... Also come January I think Morsy will have had enough (can't blame him, he deserves so much more). Losing him will only intensify our inadequacies, and let's face it we are a million miles off now with him IN the side, so if we can't win with him here, what are the chances without him?
I don't think we've even got the manager to lift the team spirit once we are down the bottom and getting turned over every week, nor the players to roll their sleeves up and fight their way out of trouble. We even have a higher wage budget than ever so there doesn't seem much hope of us adding any real quality to the side, so basically I think we are looking screwed!! Our only hope is that there are four worst sides than us in the league (and I seriously doubt that even if there is, there are four with less fight than us!). Blackpool being a very good test of this up next.. Have we got it in us?? Well they have a minus eleven goal difference already and only collected the one win so far, though on the Burton showing I can't help thinking that they will be doubling their win column and maybe even seeing their GD back into single figures... Now that would really set the alarm bells ringing.
#notapennymore

#15 User is offline   Mr Blue Sky 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, pub, football, pub, football, pub etc

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Lee

Herd Hird Evatt Jones

Talbot O'Neil Morsy O'Shea

SEB Novak

#16 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

Mr Blue Sky said:

1443347600[/url]' post='1148131']
Lee

Herd Hird Evatt Jones

Talbot O'Neil Morsy O'Shea

SEB Novak

Does anyone know state of SEB s injury

#17 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

O'Shea had a mare.

Lee
Morsy, Banks
SEB

Going back to Armand really isn't the answer. If we want a tall powerful striker who is effective, we had better sign one. Banks deserves a start in CM ahead of O'Neil after yesterday, or even Donohue - maybe give the lad a chance and let's see? Sometimes kids come in and do so well that you can't drop them, you don't know until you try. I doubt he would be short of confidence and energy.

#18 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Remember Doyle and his lack of goals?

Along came Johnson, a player who could pick out THAT pass and BOOM!!!!! Doyle hits the net.

Sometimes it's not the striker's ability but the fact that he does not get the correct service.
#StopGoing

#19 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

View Postlindave, on 27 September 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Lee.
Hird. Evo. Raglan. Jones.
Gardner. o'niel. Morsy.Donaghue.
Bolly.Simobs.

Hahajaajjaajaj

#20 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

It's difficult to attach too much blame to SEB given the way we play is wholly unsuited to his game. For Saunders to persist despite this is not a good sign.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users